Check Out My Stuff!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,
A good mate of mine just starting out has just hit 65,000 plays on one of his songs, plus a whole heap of blog reposts (this is the first song he posted). Check it out and share it if you think it's awesome. The song is called 'the way she moves' and it is great for those that dig downtempo ambient chill out music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My band 'The Monsters of the Dirty South' just released our new song, 'Unfinished Business':

Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Thanks very much dude!

And haha yeah, they're definitely an influence. Certainly wasn't intentional - one of those things that just happened I guess.

Mates of mine doing pretty well. Just did a lil eurepean tour including playing at Lowlands festival. They sold out 5 shows @ shebeen earlier in the year, and have just sold out 2 shows at the Corner. They've got a gig supporting Dan Sultan and also play Falls Festival this year.
Pretty impressive for some Bourke St Buskers that sold 20,000 albums last year.
Very good performers:

This is my first go at a full electronic track. Give it a listen if you have the time and I'd love any feedback you can give. :)

Direct link to song

Last edited:
This is my first go at a full electronic track. Give it a listen if you have the time and I'd love any feedback you can give. :)

I can see in the reply text there is a soundcloud file embedded but I cant see it in the browser o_O

Got a direct link?

Cheers SV.

I liked what you're doing there Engimal :) Good use of melody over the rhythm sound. In my (only slightly educated) opinion I reckon the track would benefit a lot from more oomph in the mid-low freq range. Could be done by maybe re-mixing the rhythm tracks down a bit or perhaps adding a pad in there that follows the same rhythm melody. Only reason I say that is to bridge the gap between the bass and higher frequencies. For example, the breakdown section nails those freqs but they are missing from the rest of the song. Unless that's what you were aiming for! lol

Cheers SV.

I liked what you're doing there Engimal :) Good use of melody over the rhythm sound. In my (only slightly educated) opinion I reckon the track would benefit a lot from more oomph in the mid-low freq range. Could be done by maybe re-mixing the rhythm tracks down a bit or perhaps adding a pad in there that follows the same rhythm melody. Only reason I say that is to bridge the gap between the bass and higher frequencies. For example, the breakdown section nails those freqs but they are missing from the rest of the song. Unless that's what you were aiming for! lol

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still very new to the mixing side of music, having been on the other side of the studio until recently. :p
Definitely helpful advice though. Thanks. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Check Out My Stuff!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back