Cheersquads

Remove this Banner Ad

Look I agree with what you are saying and as I stated in my note, they deserve to be thrown out for their actions as they are fully aware of the rules and regs that govern the cheersquads. I do not condone their actions one bit.
All I am saying is that it is an isolated incident, for the number of years that I've been in the squad it is the first I've seen. There have been other incidents with members from other clubs doing the same thing that just go on unnoticed by the media.

And I'd just like to point out also, the pictures of the supporters in the Sun had nothing to do with the incident at all. In fact one person sits in the next aisle. If I were him I'[d be asking for a retraction.

irony

The irony is that it happened against Collingwood, whose cheer squad are famous for the wat they treat other club's players and staff. This information comes from the inside from a trainer I know, who has fro years told me about the way the Collingwood cheer squad treat them at the pregame warm up.
Now I am not for one minute suggesting because they have a bad name that it excuses what happened. I think spitting on someone is the lowest of lows, up there with kicking and king hitting, and people who do such things lose a lot of resect. I am just giving balance to the whole thing and pointing out as to what I found to be quite ironic when I heard about the incident.

True Mel!!!

I understand what all you people are saying, but when you know the person involved and you know that the behaviour isn't them, then you get more aggrevated by all they hype about it.

It was an act of frustration and im sure all the ppl on this board have done something when they are angry, frustrated, whatever that they regret, so why should we sit here and judge the person?????

Originally posted by chels_09
True Mel!!!

I understand what all you people are saying, but when you know the person involved and you know that the behaviour isn't them, then you get more aggrevated by all they hype about it.

It was an act of frustration and im sure all the ppl on this board have done something when they are angry, frustrated, whatever that they regret, so why should we sit here and judge the person?????

Whoever did it was wrong. We are all judged throughout life, it's a fact, you are judged if you are right, you are judged if you are wrong.

Spitting on someone is wrong and inexcusable, and if it effects the club publicly, then it's not that disimilar to another arguement on this board prior to the season beginning, interms of encompassing the club as a whole.

Things like players, officals and official chearsquads reflect on clubs directly.

I agree PC, however, i was sitting rite near the incident, and Rocca spat towards the cheersquad on three seperate occassions. Are we sooking??? NO.

Also, the girl who spat wasn' t the only one, i seen it go flying from a few directions yet, she is the only one that the media are making a fuss about. WHY??? Eddie McGuire.

I agree PC, however, i was sitting rite near the incident, and Rocca spat towards the cheersquad on three seperate occassions. Are we sooking??? NO.

Also, the girl who spat wasn' t the only one, i seen it go flying from a few directions yet, she is the only one that the media are making a fuss about. WHY??? Eddie McGuire.

Interesting - From what i heard, the girl who "wasn't the only one doing it" hadn't done it at all. Are you saying she did it?

Spitting towards, not spitting on. Disgusting, but not the same.

And it has **** all do to with Eddie McGuire. The cheersquad and/or it's members are wrong Chels. Eddie didn't make anyone spit. Maybe throw up on occassions, but didn't make anyone spit.

calm down calm down.

this will make you all laugh - when posting yesterday I had no idea that the "incident" had happened in the weekend - this due the fact that I very rarely get involved in the media hype - in other words I don't read newspapers or watch the news(footy)

Yes I'm a idiot.

Anyway the only way I have found out is on this board and having to ask the question:confused:

This been the case I still do not know the outcome - and don't care. There would be a huge percentage of normal everyday people who put on red white and blue and change into the incredible hulk during a game.

I myself, who on their first experience of a bulldog game thought I would be killed - have been so angry with a richmond supporter this year I had to be calm down by PC - yes ironic

it has happen - wrong or mis represented as it maybe - but us advertising it on here and talking about it more makes it more public.

Originally posted by TADS
calm down calm down.

this will make you all laugh - when posting yesterday I had no idea that the "incident" had happened in the weekend - this due the fact that I very rarely get involved in the media hype - in other words I don't read newspapers or watch the news(footy)

Yes I'm a idiot.

Anyway the only way I have found out is on this board and having to ask the question:confused:

This been the case I still do not know the outcome - and don't care. There would be a huge percentage of normal everyday people who put on red white and blue and change into the incredible hulk during a game.

I myself, who on their first experience of a bulldog game thought I would be killed - have been so angry with a richmond supporter this year I had to be calm down by PC - yes ironic

it has happen - wrong or mis represented as it maybe - but us advertising it on here and talking about it more makes it more public.

Me thinks you should have read the second last page in Mondays' HUN, third to last yesterday and page 7 today, also watched monday nights news & last nights news. It's already very much in the media.

That wasn't even why i started this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by -PC28-
Me thinks you should have read the second last page in Mondays' HUN, third to last yesterday and page 7 today, also watched monday nights news & last nights news. It's already very much in the media.

That wasn't even why i started this thread.

me think you should read the age:D

I realise it is in the media - I just choose not to listen

I have done a survey in my office.

half didn't know about it
35% didn't care
15% had a go at me for been a bulldog supporter and asked if I wanted a wooden spoon.

what does this tell you all - no it should not have happen - but it did and like everything else good and bad lets let it die.

Originally posted by TADS
me think you should read the age:D

I realise it is in the media - I just choose not to listen

I have done a survey in my office.

half didn't know about it
35% didn't care
15% had a go at me for been a bulldog supporter and asked if I wanted a wooden spoon.

what does this tell you all - no it should not have happen - but it did and like everything else good and bad lets let it die.

Tells me that
50% don't read or watch tv
35% are idiots as it is obvious they don't follow football
15% are Carlton supporters looking to off load the spoons everyone gave them last year.

My question is what happened to innocent until proven guilty

Where's the video evidence
Why was a DNA test not done
How many Eye witnesses do we have
Do we have a expert spit forensic person

This does not stand up in a court of law very well.

I would appeal - Injustice i tell you

Originally posted by -PC28-
Tells me that
50% don't read or watch tv
35% are idiots as it is obvious they don't follow football
15% are Carlton supporters looking to off load the spoons everyone gave them last year.

go rain on someone elses parade PC I don't like the games you play

Have to totally agree with you TADS, PC i know was talking to her sis, but things have changed now and the person did do it, so until she is proven guilty she is innocent!!

SOme ppl just like to contunue arguments for no reason, i was an eye withness, seen what happen and believe that rocca was the cause of it.

Have to totally agree with you TADS, PC i know was talking to her sis, but things have changed now and the person did do it, so until she is proven guilty she is innocent!!

You've missed a word out there, just don't know where.

SOme ppl just like to contunue arguments for no reason, i was an eye withness, seen what happen and believe that rocca was the cause of it.

Just think you're nieve to think that just because Rocca did something, that gives the person every right to do what she did.

But at your request, i will let this thread sink quietly into the abyss that is bigfooty.

OOOhhhh, watch out everyone's attacking me. It's the internet, make me shut up!!! What will you do? BLOCK ME??

I don't care about ANYONE'S weight. I think it's crap that you have to be skinny to be beautiful.

I was just being stupid. Sort of tongue in cheek.

But seriously, our cheersquad is crap. They are quiet. They have one chant. They don't have much influence. Against the collingwood cheersquad they were a joke. They arent exactly lively and they are boring.

It needs a bit of a spark.

(and apart from anything i saw them leave at 3/4 time in one game and that did it for me)

i was an eye withness, seen what happen and believe that rocca was the cause of it.
Thats ridiculous! What could Rocca possibly do from the other side of the fence in the middle of a game that warrants being spat on?I was also sitting very close to the incident (row s in the same aisle) and all he seemed to do was con the ump on a goal umpiring decision.He handled it perfectly by not retaliating and just simply pointing at the offender.The worst part is she was laughing and smiling about it straight after it as she walked out.I understand your sticking up for a friend but come off it Rocca did nothing!

But seriously, our cheersquad is crap. They are quiet. They have one chant. They don't have much influence. Against the collingwood cheersquad they were a joke. They arent exactly lively and they are boring.
]

its a bit hard to stay loud and excited during a game of footy where the players dont even look like they wanna be out there, and after loss after loss the enthusiasm dies.

DD17, you are so opionated about the cheersquad, why dont you join and then you can talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheersquads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back