Cheynee Stiller

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll pay that.

But how long has Stiller been there now? How does he keep getting another contract? I have never seen a player look less interested in footy or play with as little courage.

Nope. Collier is worse. Vomit inducing tonight. Horrendous. Never want to see him in a Lions jumper again. Just not up to it. Stiller has done a few good things in the past few weeks but his errors and flaws outweigh the positives. Probably best we don't see him as the team moves forward.

I actually think his form has been solid this year. His game tonight was not the best but I think this might have something to do with the fact that the best fullback in the competition and the lions defensive leader was played at full forward for the entire first half.

If Merrett played back from the start we would have won that game. Voss game plan is the reason we lost that game not Cheynee Stiller.

I actually think his form has been solid this year. His game tonight was not the best but I think this might have something to do with the fact that the best fullback in the competition and the lions defensive leader was played at full forward for the entire first half.

If Merrett played back from the start we would have won that game. Voss game plan is the reason we lost that game not Cheynee Stiller.

Go back and watch a replay of the game and list one thing that Stiller did that contributed to the team?

I agree with you on Voss but this thread isn't about him.

I agree Stiller had a shocker, but what you said about him isn't warrented over the course of this season there have been a lot worse and he has been doing his job and contributing.

Tonight is one to forget but saying he shouldn't be on the list is a little harsh imo....

I also think that if Merrett started back then all the backs would have played better..goose was horrible, stiller had a shocker, and collier was a joke.....

I would honeslty keep stiller on the list....they would be paying him next to nothing and he has proven he can do jobs. He tagged dal santo, didak and other big names he has impacted on the wing and now is going ok in defense. Someone who can cover those positions and generally get a pass mark each week is someone who should stay on the list.

I can think of others I would rather see go before Stiller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collier has got to go. Not just in relation to this game. Week in week out, he's just no good. Stiller not far behind really, but I truly believe Collier just isn't up to scratch at AFL level - disposal, positioning, decision making, other skills... just not up to it.

I would honeslty keep stiller on the list....they would be paying him next to nothing and he has proven he can do jobs. He tagged dal santo, didak and other big names he has impacted on the wing and now is going ok in defense. Someone who can cover those positions and generally get a pass mark each week is someone who should stay on the list.

I can think of others I would rather see go before Stiller

Agree. Low cost depth player who wasn't great tonight but has been solid enough so far this year.

Stiller offers more upside the Collier. However both don't offer much upside to the team in general. The only reason both these players get game time is because they are part of a select group of favourites.

I thought that when he was recalled for a game late last year that it was a testimonial game.:confused:

I'd add Pearce Hanley to this list. Very few footy smarts, panics too frequently, not a lot to like about his game. Really wanted this experiment to succeed but in my opinion it's failing badly. Not our worst tonight, but not far off.

I'd add Pearce Hanley to this list. Very few footy smarts, panics too frequently, not a lot to like about his game. Really wanted this experiment to succeed but in my opinion it's failing badly. Not our worst tonight, but not far off.

He was close to our best in a couple of games this year. Gave us some good run in the last too, though that kick at the end nearly made me tear my hair out.

Go back and watch a replay of the game and list one thing that Stiller did that contributed to the team?

I agree with you on Voss but this thread isn't about him.

Brilliant pass to Clark at the end of the 1st quarter.

I didn't think Stiller stood out for being good or bad to be honest.

Collier - beyond attrocious. What anyone sees in him God knows. He makes Roe look like a self confident star in comparison.

Stiller - has been pretty dreadful the last couple of weeks. Is purely a depth player and is really not up to it when the heat is on.

CLARK - perhaps one of the most galling games I have seen Clark play. We might as well set up the GWS deal now. How many times did he miss easy marks, misjudge the flight of the ball completely, or get bumped out of a context too easy?

O'Brien - has potential but was far too weak out there when he came on. Didn't want to put himself on the line when it was up to him to win the ball / stop the Suns from winning it.

Retzlaff - did a few OK things, but God he needs to toughen up out there. He let himself get outbodied / pushed under the ball way too easily.

Agree. Low cost depth player who wasn't great tonight but has been solid enough so far this year.

Agree, likewise.

Cannot fathom the Chinny hate around here. He is no star, but is serviceable. Takes some important marks & does some important things. There are worse on our list - Collier, Hawkins to name a couple. And the comment about his courage was out of order. Big, brave keyboard warrior.

May not be a premiership player- but we are not a premiership team (which makes everyone look worse).

Agree, likewise.

Cannot fathom the Chinny hate around here. He is no star, but is serviceable. Takes some important marks & does some important things. There are worse on our list - Collier, Hawkins to name a couple. And the comment about his courage was out of order. Big, brave keyboard warrior.

May not be a premiership player- but we are not a premiership team (which makes everyone look worse).

In previous seasons people would have been right, but Stiller has developed along way from where he was a couple of years ago. He shows more courage, doesn't completely freeze when under the pressure, doesn't hold the ball up quite so much.

He has now become a player who gets his job done. I believe he still has some upside in that if he could eliminate the last bit of hesitancy in his game he could be a very solid footsoldier.

There are things he has done this season showing his courage that make his critics very one eyed at the moment.

No way. He's improved so rapidly and adds much needed rebound from defense. He'll make mistakes but people always remember the bad rather than the good.

Collier on the other hand can get out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheynee Stiller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back