CHFL 2012 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Like who??

I follow St Mary's in the GFL and looking at this list the only players that would be in contention for our best 22 would be Sewell and Pring, having both proven themselves on the biggest stage in a decent league.

I'm not in here to debate the worth of every player in the CHFL, GFL or BFL interleague squads, I was merely making the point that the CHFL has a long way to go before it's considered anything other than an OK bush league.

I follow St Mary's in the GFL and looking at this list the only players that would be in contention for our best 22 would be Sewell and Pring, having both proven themselves on the biggest stage in a decent league.

I'm not in here to debate the worth of every player in the CHFL, GFL or BFL interleague squads, I was merely making the point that the CHFL has a long way to go before it's considered anything other than an OK bush league.

Fair enough, completely opinion anyway!!
I haven't seen any Geelong football but I would be pretty confident that just about every player on that list would be playing senior football in the BFL.

In saying that, the CHFL probably wouldn't be rapt with the side they are putting on the park this weekend. A big chunk of the leagues best players have become unavailable through injury in the past few weeks which is unfortunate and they have been forced to go in with a fairly small side. The forward line will be the worry I think, the midfield will be competitive enough.

This side will get flogged by any decent league. If this is really the best the CHFL can offer then I can't see the league progressing very far from its current VCFL ranking of 27. Half the players named above wouldn't even get a senior game at the top half dozen clubs in leagues such as the Ballarat FL and Geelong FL.

I agree the 18 team comp is a great system and allows for traditional country footy rivalries, but don't let that misguide you to think the league is knocking on the door of widespread respectability.

Most people I speak to say that there's no depth of quality in the CHFL and after seeing this team I'd have to agree.

There is plenty of quality in the CHFL. The problem is, the quality players are selfish mercenaries. Why would a bloke who gets paid $1500 a game, play in a game that means nothing to him and run the risk of getting injured?

It's the same everywhere the interest in Interleague is only mild no ones gets close to full strength.

The Champioships and its ranking system isnt much chop. What they would be better off doing is just having leagues play against neighbouring league's so there is some interest.

B: Whelan (Wa) Day (Be) L. Franc (Be)

HB: Munari (Go) M. Gunnell (Go) Mitchell (He)

C: Walsh (Da) Morgan (Bu) Rodgers (Da)

HF: Pring (Ca) Eltringham (Sp) S. Quinlan (Spr)

F: Fisher (Sp) Finlayson (Bg) L. Brown (Wa)

R: Roache (Du) Sewell (Ne) May (Ne)

Int: J. Murphy (Bg) B. Campbell (Le) Begbie (Be) B. Stott (Ne)

Emer M. Dufty (Bg) L. Hepworth (Cr)

Thoughts???

Seems very small but the midfield will be pretty hard to stop I think. From what I can gather they pretty much don't have a defence in any team down in the EDFL but have a stack of key forwards so it may come down to the midfield battle as to where this match goes. The weather and ground conditions are probably going to be in our favour also...

B: Whelan (Wa) Day (Be) L. Franc (Be)

HB: Munari (Go) M. Gunnell (Go) Mitchell (He)

C: Walsh (Da) Morgan (Bu) Rodgers (Da)

HF: Pring (Ca) Eltringham (Sp) S. Quinlan (Spr)

F: Fisher (Sp) Finlayson (Bg) L. Brown (Wa)

R: Roache (Du) Sewell (Ne) May (Ne)

Int: J. Murphy (Bg) B. Campbell (Le) Begbie (Be) B. Stott (Ne)

Emer M. Dufty (Bg) L. Hepworth (Cr)

Thoughts???

Seems very small but the midfield will be pretty hard to stop I think. From what I can gather they pretty much don't have a defence in any team down in the EDFL but have a stack of key forwards so it may come down to the midfield battle as to where this match goes. The weather and ground conditions are probably going to be in our favour also...

Thoughts??? Mine?? Who cares! I know you are trying to talk it up and get a bit of interest in it but nobody gives a rats mate. I don't know why you point the finger at Hepburn in a previous post as it says nothing about what sort of club they are. They are a bunch of rock apes we all know that but it is the players who don't want to play in a meaningless game of footy that make the decision and vote with their feet. And Hepburn players aren't the only ones. If you think the squad has been hit by injury you are kidding yourself. Have a look in the paper next Friday and see how many are still injured.

Lets be honest. This side is about a 3rd stringer at best and would struggle to make the CHFL finals. Should pull a massive crowd at Nar Nar Goon.

Go to the Eastern Oval instead. At least you'll see some real quality with 2 leagues aiming to get to the number 1 spot as Vics best country league. Not #25 or whatever is up for grabs at whoop whoop.

Thoughts??? Mine?? Who cares! I know you are trying to talk it up and get a bit of interest in it but nobody gives a rats mate. I don't know why you point the finger at Hepburn in a previous post as it says nothing about what sort of club they are. They are a bunch of rock apes we all know that but it is the players who don't want to play in a meaningless game of footy that make the decision and vote with their feet. And Hepburn players aren't the only ones. If you think the squad has been hit by injury you are kidding yourself. Have a look in the paper next Friday and see how many are still injured.

Lets be honest. This side is about a 3rd stringer at best and would struggle to make the CHFL finals. Should pull a massive crowd at Nar Nar Goon.

Go to the Eastern Oval instead. At least you'll see some real quality with 2 leagues aiming to get to the number 1 spot as Vics best country league. Not #25 or whatever is up for grabs at whoop whoop.
Why do you even post on this thread?? Troll!!

You constantly bag the league and it's because you use to play in it?? Makes alot of sense, you must have really struggled to get a kick!! Hack!

No I used to play in it not use to. So because I said the interleague team is a 3rd string team, which it is because the majority of players don't want to play interleague, that means I constantly bag the league does it? You are a deadset ****head. And yeah I struggled to get a kick but at least I had a go. Unlike weak gutted pea heart twerps like your good self.

No I used to play in it not use to. So because I said the interleague team is a 3rd string team, which it is because the majority of players don't want to play interleague, that means I constantly bag the league does it? You are a deadset ****head. And yeah I struggled to get a kick but at least I had a go. Unlike weak gutted pea heart twerps like your good self.

Ha! Hook, line and sinker. Loser!!!

great win by the CHFL on the weekend. I reckon all the boys playing wouldn't have thought it a meaningless game, they all seemed pretty rapt with the win.

Back to the regular footy this weekend tho, Waubra v Springbank and Daylesford v Bungaree massive games for each club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto boys the action gets going again this weekend let's have some tips!

I start the ball rolling-

Ballan should score a badly needed victory over Learmonth. 23 points.

Beaufort too also win in absoulute must win situation against Illabrook by 53 points.

Daylesford at home too hold sway against the in form Bungaree by 6 points to keep the Bulldogs top 4 chances on track.

Gordon almost need to land a win in a game like this over Buninyong to make the 8 realistic but it's unlikely to happen. Bunny by 47 points.

Clunes will get back on the winners list against Dunsstown by 18 points.

Hepburn host another side travelling well at present in Creswick although at home Hepburn by 5 goals.

Newlyn will be just too good for C/Linton by 62 points.

Springbank have a golden chance to slip over the top of Waubra in this match. Tigers to win by 14 points.

On Sunday Skipton just over Rokewood by 8 points.

Ballan v Learmonth 4 goals
Beaufort v Illabarook 70 points
Daylesford v Bungaree
Gordon v Buninyong 8 goals
Dunnstown v Clunes 5 goals
Hepburn v Creswick 60 points
Newlyn v Carngham-Linton 60 points
Waubra v Springbank Tigers just over an injury riddled Waubra
Rokewood-Corindhap v Skipton 6 points

Ballan vs learmonth - learmonth 2 goals
Beaufort vs illabrook - beaufort 6 goals
Dayelsford vs bungaree - bungaree 3 goals
Gordon vs bunninyong - bunninyong 10 goals
Dunnstown vs clunes - clunes 4 goals
Hepburn vs creswick - Hepburn 9 goals
Newlyn vs carngham-linton - newlyn 7 goals
Waubra vs springbank - springbank 3 goals
Rokewood vs skipton - skipton 4 goals

Whoever said Melbourne beating Essendon was the upset of the week in football obviously wasnt at the newlyn rec reserve yesterday. Wow carngham

Interesting results on the weekend, plenty of talking points!

Must have been a great win by the Carngham boys. Granted Newlyn have some injuries but they should be winning those games if they are to go anywhere this year.

I see Waubra with their 2's side in beat Springbank at the weekend! The Springbank hierarchy would have folked out a shit load of coin for the recruits they have with not much return till this point (i say this by looking at paper results only).

Will Hepburn lose another game for the year?

Are Daylesford on the slide? From all reports they were very dirty and undisciplined against Bunga on the weekend! Obviously they have been dirty for years but could be signs of the older players at Daylesford getting slower and more frustrated maybe?

Interesting results on the weekend, plenty of talking points!

Must have been a great win by the Carngham boys. Granted Newlyn have some injuries but they should be winning those games if they are to go anywhere this year.

I see Waubra with their 2's side in beat Springbank at the weekend! The Springbank hierarchy would have folked out a shit load of coin for the recruits they have with not much return till this point (i say this by looking at paper results only).

Will Hepburn lose another game for the year

Great point here. At first glance people would be forgiven for thinking your getting carried away, but Hepburn are flying.
Plenty of fresh hungry players added to an already very strong 2011 list. I notice Giri is kicking plenty of goals. What position is he playing. What size body etc is he. Strengths and weakness. Having not seen them play I'm curious because to share so many goals with the dominant Coxy is a great effort.

Tips for tomorrow lads?

Daylesford will jump back on the winners list with a 73 point victory over Illabrook.
Bungaree face a danger game against Gordon. If Gordon play near their peak they will press for victory although Bungaree must still be favoured to win by 22 points.

Buninyong will have it their own way against Dunstown who have bottom 4 written all over them at present.

Clunes will set themselves for a big tilt at Hepburn they've been ok although Hepburn to win by 50 points.

Creswick and Waubra should be an interesting match. Waubra by 9 points.

C/Linton should add another victory to whats looming as a much improved season when they meet Learmonth. C/Linton to win by 31 points.

Newlyn should be a bit too classy for Skipton although Skipton should be competitive. Newlyn to win by 25 points.

Springbank were dissapointing against Waubra but Rokewood will pose an easier task. Springbank by 30 points.

Ballan and Beaufort should go down to the wire. Beaufort to win by 3 points.

Anyone else?

Tips for tomorrow lads?

Daylesford will jump back on the winners list with a 73 point victory over Illabrook.
Bungaree face a danger game against Gordon. If Gordon play near their peak they will press for victory although Bungaree must still be favoured to win by 22 points.

Buninyong will have it their own way against Dunstown who have bottom 4 written all over them at present.

Clunes will set themselves for a big tilt at Hepburn they've been ok although Hepburn to win by 50 points.

Creswick and Waubra should be an interesting match. Waubra by 9 points.

C/Linton should add another victory to whats looming as a much improved season when they meet Learmonth. C/Linton to win by 31 points.

Newlyn should be a bit too classy for Skipton although Skipton should be competitive. Newlyn to win by 25 points.

Springbank were dissapointing against Waubra but Rokewood will pose an easier task. Springbank by 30 points.

Ballan and Beaufort should go down to the wire. Beaufort to win by 3 points.

Anyone else?

Good win by the lakies today.. Have no idea how c/l beat newlyn! There's an upset a week in this league!

Rumours floating that Handleys (clunes) brother (Luke Brauer) has moved down from up north and looking to play in CHFL again. anyone one know these boys or spoke to them. Didnt Brauer to play at Bungaree or Dunstown year ago?

Rumours floating that Handleys (clunes) brother (Luke Brauer) has moved down from up north and looking to play in CHFL again. anyone one know these boys or spoke to them. Didnt Brauer to play at Bungaree or Dunstown year ago?

Luke Brauer is at Koondrook/Barham in the Central Murray League (pretty sure this is the bloke you have mentioned here)

Remove this Banner Ad

CHFL 2012 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back