CHFL 2012 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

A player was hit by McKay near the boundary line. It wasn't really behind play but was a pretty gutless act. Got sent off the ground,should have been sent off for the rest of the game. It was the only bit of spite in the whole game and came out of no where.

Thanks for filling me in Pope. So no report was laid i take it?

I'd heard bits and pieces from mates in the know at Hepburn but I think all the drama down there could well be linked to a cash crisis. The O'Hallaran's & Al Ware, Stevie Carmen etc and the other heart and sole blokes that I'd spoken to were right in behind Auld and enjoying the change and word is young Liam O'Hallaran took Olver to task in a big way both down the street and when the players met after it happened and sitting right up there it didnt fit the bill to put your club through all that bad press but a little birdie tells me that Auld didn't have a written contract & had quite a sum still to be paid. One of the main points of conflicts and he mentioned it in the press was that ''resources were denied'' and on top of this straight from the horses mouth a mate tells me he has been in the seniors for quite sometime now and hasn't been paid a cracker! The almighty Robbo also claimed he wasn't on a contract when he took over too the players and maybe for once he was telling the truth.

Then this pops up on the Hepburn website - $250 per ticket you do the maths that's lotsa lotsa cash the Heppy Boys are down at the moment. This could well be the bullshit Burras last tilt for a while whose going to buy a ticket from them so they don't run a big loss on the raffle? NOT ME! Go Daylesford Doggies..........
Raffle Draw EXTENDED TO 23rd September 2012

Dear Reader,

This letter is to advise you that the Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation has given approval for the draw date of our raffle to be deferred until September 23rd 2012.

As of today our ticket sales are at 365 and would expect sales to have been at approximately 480 on our original draw date of July 1st after all our local club sales came in. To cover the cost of
prizes and expenses we need to sell at least 620 tickets. Ticket sales had gone really well in the first couple of months but have tapered off in the past sixweeks. Unfortunately this means we have again been forced to extend our raffle. The HepburnFootball and Netball Club is disappointed that we have to do this again and sincerely apologisefor any inconvenience. Last years ticket sales finished on 804 and this year our target is aimed at 750. This will be a good result for the club as well as great odds for anyone in our draw.

With this being our estimated final tally, the odds are better than ever before to win the first prize of $80,000 valued goods of your choice. Someone will definately win our prize on September 23. There will not be a further extension. Finally we would like to emphasise that the raffle will be drawn at the Hepburn Football Club at 2.30 pm on the 23rd September. Why not make a weekend of it and come to the draw. A BBQ lunch and refreshments are free to all ticket holders. Results will be displayed on our club website by 5pm on the night of the draw. All ticket holders will also be notified by mail.

Please don’t hesitate to call Lindsay, our raffle co ordinator on 0428 481528, if you have any questions.

Hope to hear from you soon !

Regards, Mr. Laurence Pedretti - Nominee

Dear Daylesford DeRail, Some enlightenment for your little brain. W.W. II. - 1939 > 1945 The Germans had Lord Haw Haw & the Japs., Tokyo Rose. The greatest propagandists in history, and they still got their arses kicked. I think that you best concentrate on getting your aging 'Dogs up.
Another thing to, the raffles that the Burras run are nearly always extended due to slow sales of tickets, but always are VERY successful re the raising of revenue, and do you know what ? The winners are always REAL people.

Lol our aging team! You've throwing that one at us for years..... and you seem to be forgetting the past couple of results!! Ohh the looks of despair at last year's final :)

Good Luck with the raffle you've got some heavy committments to meet and let's hope Pressy Jock Strap is doing the right thing or is he the Coach? hahhaha

It's going to be a great finals series Hepburn under pressure! Bunny Under pressure! Bungaree under pressure! & our washed up old list put together on REAL clubman on bugger all money ready to push up for a 6th straight Granny! GO DOGS :)

Two rounds to go, Premiership down to 4 teams, Hepburn, Daylesford, Bungaree, Buninyong. Clearly above the next 4 teams. Anyone got any thoughts on premiers & have a stab at a league b&f winner?. i'll go hepburn premiers with cummins or whatever his name is(little bald bloke) Bungaree for the medal

Two rounds to go, Premiership down to 4 teams, Hepburn, Daylesford, Bungaree, Buninyong. Clearly above the next 4 teams. Anyone got any thoughts on premiers & have a stab at a league b&f winner?. i'll go hepburn premiers with cummins or whatever his name is(little bald bloke) Bungaree for the medal
I think Waubra are still in with a shout for the flag. Certainly wouldn't write them off just yet.
Newlyn and Springbank both capable of an upset in the finals but probably can't win it.

Ricky Cummins has probably had one of his best seasons to date but I think there will be a few too many steal votes off him this time. Shaun Finlayson perhaps a better chance at the medal for the Demons.

I'll go with Bunga for Premiers :rolleyes: and Buninyong's Sam Turner for the medal.

Sewell the jet from Newlyn, Bungaree Cummins that others have mentioned, Uhi from Olly the crooked blind hippo Burras or the very classy Rogers from the mighty Doggies who should win our B & F.

For the Flag I agree 4 sides can win it and it's super even
Hepburn are no good things- Against the other 3 contenders they have lost two of those games and one 1 of them when they were almost shot in the last quarter against Buninyong. They smoke sides on there dog box ground but aren't near the same side when they play away from home there average performances at Skipton and Rokewood of late show that.
Bunga- Great game the day we played them and they have some great running players that run forward of the footy and when they are winning it in close cash in. Seem the least likely out of the 4 to win but they are there having beaten 2 out of 3 in the top 4 and also got over Waubra as well.
Bunny- Been the most consistent side in the comp all year, lost one match too Newlyn real early and got nutted at Hepburn where they are a 10 to 15 goal better side. Great depth throughout their team and were stiff last year losing a couple of tight finals. If they had previous success they would be flag favs but they still need to take that final step.
Dogs- Free shot for us experience will give us a good shot and hopefully we can win this week and put us back in front of Hepburn again. Walshy to have a break out finals series & hopefully Micky Cummo is 100% fit and ready to fire.
Waubra to be dangerous opposition for someone in the second week but no fairy tail flag on the cards for Skontra boy.

Reply to Hard2beat ; No we are not dirty on anyone. The " FAIR " decision was made. The " CORRECT " decision ( I am pretty certain ) is that the umpire in charge of play at the time must declare the end of the game by blowing time off and raising both arms in the air, regardless of when the siren sounds. If that is the case , Hepburn would have won the game alright, but not the victory. All of the supporters in my immediate vicinity that heard the siren sound, before our player got his kick away and goaled, agreed that to have the win awarded to Hepburn would not have been in the interest of good Sportsmanship & Fair Play.

As for you White Flag, Big Eddie IS the President of the League, ( see, you really can learn something everday ), and although a Burra through and through. executed his duty today in a very fair and impartial manner. You would have been a witness to this, so my best advice to you is, do what plants do. - i.e. Take a dose of the fertilizer you produce and grow (up) a little quicker.

Congrats to both teams for putting on another great derby. It's a pity just a few ugly supporters from both clubs , try to mar what is one of the great, healthy rivalries in country footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reply to Hard2beat ; No we are not dirty on anyone. The " FAIR " decision was made. The " CORRECT " decision ( I am pretty certain ) is that the umpire in charge of play at the time must declare the end of the game by blowing time off and raising both arms in the air, regardless of when the siren sounds. If that is the case , Hepburn would have won the game alright, but not the victory. All of the supporters in my immediate vicinity that heard the siren sound, before our player got his kick away and goaled, agreed that to have the win awarded to Hepburn would not have been in the interest of good Sportsmanship & Fair Play.

As for you White Flag, Big Eddie IS the President of the League, ( see, you really can learn something everday ), and although a Burra through and through. executed his duty today in a very fair and impartial manner. You would have been a witness to this, so my best advice to you is, do what plants do. - i.e. Take a dose of the fertilizer you produce and grow (up) a little quicker.

Congrats to both teams for putting on another great derby. It's a pity just a few ugly supporters from both clubs , try to mar what is one of the great, healthy rivalries in country footy.

Incorrect.
Any field umpire can signal the end of the game or quarter, just as any umpire can pay a free kick at any time during the game. It doesn't have to be the 'controlling' umpire. Therefore, not only was the 'FAIR' decision made, but also the 'CORRECT' one.

Good luck next week.

Not like anything else was needed to spice up the rivalry in the Spa country!!
Aside from the decision being write or wrong, what were thoughts (as impartial as possible) on the game?
Should it have been so close, Daylesford gave away a few goals to free kicks and 50's. Did Hepburn control the game?

Bunniyong looked pretty strong yesterday, could be favourites at the minute??

Thoughts anyone...

Buninyong are flag favourites for sure.... If they had won a flag in the past 5 years they would have been favourites most of the year. Caught most of that game yestie and they were very impressive.... We'd still love to get there and have a free shot at them though in fact I reckon we could well the only side that could beat them from here.

Saturday well Big Eddie, Olly the crooked and blind hippo and Robbo the rambler couldn't work out a way within the 30 minutes following the game to manipulate the win to Hepburn! Pressure is on now boys having to beat Waubra then Buninyong to even make the big dance.

Ohh and by the way what did the runner have to say? I missed that but it doesn't surprise me that something wrong would have been shot off from his gob.

Waubra if they can get Big Brownie and Timmy Madden cranked up for big matches along with Mirabella one of the comps best small forwards and Nigem and the Mullane lads in the midfield and they have to be a decent show.

Bunga should handle Newlyn.. Would be a dissapointing exit if they didn't make it to the Prelims.

Buninyong are flag favourites for sure.... If they had won a flag in the past 5 years they would have been favourites most of the year. Caught most of that game yestie and they were very impressive.... We'd still love to get there and have a free shot at them though in fact I reckon we could well the only side that could beat them from here.

Saturday well Big Eddie, Olly the crooked and blind hippo and Robbo the rambler couldn't work out a way within the 30 minutes following the game to manipulate the win to Hepburn! Pressure is on now boys having to beat Waubra then Buninyong to even make the big dance.

Ohh and by the way what did the runner have to say? I missed that but it doesn't surprise me that something wrong would have been shot off from his gob.

Waubra if they can get Big Brownie and Timmy Madden cranked up for big matches along with Mirabella one of the comps best small forwards and Nigem and the Mullane lads in the midfield and they have to be a decent show.

Bunga should handle Newlyn.. Would be a dissapointing exit if they didn't make it to the Prelims.
I think one of the Waubra boys has his wedding in Cairns this weekend so I believe there will be a few missing from that line up this weekend...

Incorrect.
Any field umpire can signal the end of the game or quarter, just as any umpire can pay a free kick at any time during the game. It doesn't have to be the 'controlling' umpire. Therefore, not only was the 'FAIR' decision made, but also the 'CORRECT' one.

Good luck next week.

Thanks for the reply Ryan. It makes sense and I will take that on board. Let's hope we can make it work to set up another great clash with the Doggies. Certainly makes great Sat. Arvo entertainment.

Thanks for filling me in Pope. Pope can you tell me if the rumor im hearing is correct? Apparently the player from skipton had an investigation against him for striking. He was in his first year back from a long suspension and himself and skipton had to sign an agreement that if he was charged on any offense he would be suspended from CHFL to the year 2050:eek:?

Team of the year 2012
Backs: Damien Day, Adam Briggs and Stephen Patterson.
Half backs: Rob Rodgers, Leith Pellissier and Simon Quinlan.
Centre: Sebastian Walsh, Adam Sewell and Ash Munari.
Half forwards: Brodrick Campbell, Shaun Finlayson and Glen Phelps.
Forwards: Andy McKay, Lee Cox and Tom Eltringham.
Ruck: Salesi Uhi, Tristan May and Luke Fisher.
Inter: Ned Gilbert, Tony Mirrabella, Tim Miller and Matthew Pitt.
Coach: Greg Middleton.

Thoughts?

Team of the year 2012

Thoughts?
Pretty good effort, Munari and Elteringham probably a bit lucky. Needs more Marty Dufty. Absolute crime that bloke didnt poll a vote last night...

Pretty good effort, Munari and Elteringham probably a bit lucky. Needs more Marty Dufty. Absolute crime that bloke didnt poll a vote last night...
Team of the year 2012

Thoughts?
Very interesting side. Agree Marty Dufty should have made side. Saw him play a few times and was very good. Excuse my ignorance but who is Stephen Patterson? Tom Eltringham very lucky, same with Tim Miller, Ash Munari and Matthew Pitt. Staggered that Bungaree dont have more players in as well. Captain Joel Mahar missed out despite coming 4th in B&F? Morgan from Buninyong? Who was on the selection panel?

Congrats to McKay on winning the b&f but go to top of this page, is he lucky to win? Did he not hit someone behind the play and get yellow carded?

I've never weighed into blokes winning league medals too much but this one is clearly off name. Last year he kicked 82 goals and this year 55 done little against us and the boys down that way reckon he had a few flat spots throughout the year. Given he was given a starting spot in the Team of the Year in the pocket and not on ball indicates that as well. Sewell appears to have been the outstanding player of the CHFL this year.

Who are they taking that will be missing for Waubra this weekend?

I've never weighed into blokes winning league medals too much but this one is clearly off name. Last year he kicked 82 goals and this year 55 done little against us and the boys down that way reckon he had a few flat spots throughout the year. Given he was given a starting spot in the Team of the Year in the pocket and not on ball indicates that as well. Sewell appears to have been the outstanding player of the CHFL this year.

Who are they taking that will be missing for Waubra this weekend?
McKay a deserving winner I think, he was probably robbed a couple years back and at the end of the day, a midfielder that kicks 55 goals winning the medal is justified.
Patterson is a small defender for Creswick. Has had a pretty good year and is probably a worthy selection. Was he in front of a few other blokes that missed out like Sam Turner, Marty Dufty, Jarrod Morgan etc maybe not.
Panel was Jarrod New, Damien Lubeek and Adam Sewell I think

Remove this Banner Ad

CHFL 2012 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back