Asia China's growing influence

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny how one country is coming out of poverty and protectionism and the other country is moving into protectionism and poverty!!!

Your social credit score must be heaving right now mate.

lol…. In 16 years China has built 45000 km of fast rail from nothing… excuse me for questioning our current economic model that seems to benefit billionaires and their yachts..
.. but as long as our house prices continue rise and on paper we are rich 💪.

lol…. In 16 years China has built 45000 km of fast rail from nothing… excuse me for questioning our current economic model that seems to benefit billionaires and their yachts..
.. but as long as our house prices continue rise and on paper we are rich 💪.
Sure, they are an industrialising country with a massive population. They also enjoyed an extremely low base wage level, which attracted more advanced economies to access their workforce.

I agree with the rest of your post, our model is sick and needs a refresh.

Sure, they are an industrialising country with a massive population. They also enjoyed an extremely low base wage level, which attracted more advanced economies to access their workforce.

I agree with the rest of your post, our model is sick and needs a refresh.

They are no longer an industrialising country .. they now are an extremely modern country that are world leaders in high tech manufacturing and development.
They have sprinted past Europe and the USA on most economic and social levels.
And the western world’s response is to put up tariffs. We live in dangerous times if that’s the answer.

They are no longer an industrialising country .. they now are an extremely modern country that are world leaders in high tech manufacturing and development.
And the western world’s response is to put up tariffs. We live in dangerous times if that’s the answer.
They are still industrialising.
Why are they world leaders in high tech manufacturing in your opinion?

They are still industrialising.
Why are they world leaders in high tech manufacturing in your opinion?
Has Australia stopped industrialising?

They are leaders in solar, batteries, electric cars, manufacturing, fast trains, building construction, logistics, transport, automation, engineering … etc… etc..
I think the average person has no idea the advancements China has made in the last 20 years.

Has Australia stopped industrialising?

They are leaders in solar, batteries, electric cars, manufacturing, fast trains, building construction, logistics, transport, automation, engineering … etc… etc..
I think the average person has no idea the advancements China has made in the last 20 years.
They are fortunate to have access to, and environmental laws that allow them to mine, rare earths. I agree though that the rest of the world needs to find a way to accelerate in renewables, not to compete with china but because it’s the right thing to do. By the by China haven’t helped, they have been extremely aggressive in anti-competitive behaviour for new rare earth, and other green mineral projects.

This leads them to be well positioned in the electric car industry.

They lead in solar and similar because they are high volume low cost products. This suits Chinas industrial base.

Building construction? I was invited to China to look at this as I work in the industry and I wouldn’t call their building construction industry more advanced then elsewhere (a lot of it’s junk). They benefit in the modular construction space, again due to the higher volume low cost need.

I can’t comment on some of those others ones as I’m not really across what they are doing.

I think a most people are ok with China developing their economy, industry and technology base. It’s the whole aggressive behaviour towards their neighbours, dictatorship government, social credit system, unethical behaviour towards IP, etc.. that bothers people. People don’t forget their Covid bullshit either.

They are fortunate to have access to, and environmental laws that allow them to mine, rare earths. I agree though that the rest of the world needs to find a way to accelerate in renewables, not to compete with china but because it’s the right thing to do. By the by China haven’t helped, they have been extremely aggressive in anti-competitive behaviour for new rare earth, and other green mineral projects.

This leads them to be well positioned in the electric car industry.

They lead in solar and similar because they are high volume low cost products. This suits Chinas industrial base.

Building construction? I was invited to China to look at this as I work in the industry and I wouldn’t call their building construction industry more advanced then elsewhere (a lot of it’s junk). They benefit in the modular construction space, again due to the higher volume low cost need.

I can’t comment on some of those others ones as I’m not really across what they are doing.

I think a most people are ok with China developing their economy, industry and technology base. It’s the whole aggressive behaviour towards their neighbours, dictatorship government, social credit system, unethical behaviour towards IP, etc.. that bothers people. People don’t forget their Covid bullshit either.
Every country has a “social credit system” … we have laws that dictate people’s behaviour, surveillance on personal information… every one of our phone calls is being recorded… we have a credit rating system, we supported the US when it froze Russian private citizens bank accounts and assets.
It could be argued China is a much safer country to live in due to its social credit system.
Freedom has a cost …

We have to wear helmets when riding a bike in Aus.. does that mean we have less freedoms?

Every country has a “social credit system” … we have laws that dictate people’s behaviour, surveillance on personal information… every one of our phone calls is being recorded… we have a credit rating system, we supported the US when it froze Russian private citizens bank accounts and assets.
It could be argued China is a much safer country to live in due to its social credit system.
Freedom has a cost …

We have to wear helmets when riding a bike in Aus.. does that mean we have less freedoms?
The cost can be freedom itself.
We seem to agree on a lot, but I can’t agree with an authoritarian state.

The cost can be freedom itself.
We seem to agree on a lot, but I can’t agree with an authoritarian state.
I actually find the PRC surveillance system with AI perhaps the most disturbing of their actions. It's such a terrible means for oppression, one that will be able to be rolled out by any friendly despot worldwide. Terrifying. The USA gave us the internet freely, the PRC uses it to build a relentless means of social control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually find the PRC surveillance system with AI perhaps the most disturbing of their actions. It's such a terrible means for oppression, one that will be able to be rolled out by any friendly despot worldwide. Terrifying. The USA gave us the internet freely, the PRC uses it to build a relentless means of social control.

You might want to watch this …

"Peaceful war" is what these scholars called PRC strategy for world domination.

It’s funny how the capitalist western world sent all their manufacturing to China …. And sook and write fluff articles about chinas world domination.

Have you seen the USAs attempt at world domination and its foreign policy of bombing and destroying resource rich countries.., to the benefit of corporations and not people!!!

Chinas strategy is consistent with its long long history.,,,

It’s funny how the capitalist western world sent all their manufacturing to China …. And sook and write fluff articles about chinas world domination.

Have you seen the USAs attempt at world domination and its foreign policy of bombing and destroying resource rich countries.., to the benefit of corporations and not people!!!

Chinas strategy is consistent with its long long history.,,,
So you support Trumps plan to put 100 percent tariffs on CHINA?

Trumps view on trade seems very similar to what you have just posted.

What? China gdp per capita is tiny compared to the west? They still lag the west significantly on most technology fronts and where they have caught up its mostly been achieved through technology theft.

And what exactly about their social levels do you think is in front of the west? The fact they are banned from protesting, need to score social points just to travel on trains, that they divide literal rights based on whether you are born in the city or rural areas, that citizens can get kidnapped by the police and sent to re-education camps if they say the wrong things on social media, that for decades there were restrictions on how many kids you could have and extra kids were often murdered by the state, they are banned from accessing information from overseas that may say something bad about the government and that recently they introduced wacky laws such as one where kids could only play computers games at certain hours of the week?

Which of this appeals to you and makes you think China social levels have sprinted past the west?

What? China gdp per capita is tiny compared to the west? They still lag the west significantly on most technology fronts and where they have caught up its mostly been achieved through technology theft.

And what exactly about their social levels do you think is in front of the west? The fact they are banned from protesting, need to score social points just to travel on trains, that they divide literal rights based on whether you are born in the city or rural areas, that citizens can get kidnapped by the police and sent to re-education camps if they say the wrong things on social media, that for decades there were restrictions on how many kids you could have and extra kids were often murdered by the state, they are banned from accessing information from overseas that may say something bad about the government and that recently they introduced wacky laws such as one where kids could only play computers games at certain hours of the week?

Which of this appeals to you and makes you think China social levels have sprinted past the west?

Because per GDP is such a great way of comparing societies…

They are not banned from protesting… literally thousands of protests a year..

The computer game ban seems like good policy on the surface IMO… just like banning Vapes…
Excess gaming can cause massive amounts of health issue like depression, obesity, reduced motivation, sleep issues and lack of interest in other areas…

Asia China's growing influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back