News Chris Dawes charged with rough conduct.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was charged with rough conduct against Ling, but can get off with an early plea.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/94938/default.aspx

Chris Dawes, Collingwood, has been charged with a Level One engaging in rough conduct offence against Cameron Ling, Geelong Cats, during the first quarter of the Round Nine match between Collinwood and the Geelong Cats, played at the MCG on Friday May 21, 2010.

In summary, he accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/94938/default.aspx

Barry Hall got off too.:thumbsdown: (Well he got a fine).

Why aren't you happy about Hall getting off? He did nothing wrong.

It's mainly from a Collingwood point of view, as we play them in 2 weeks.

The AFL decided to fine him rather then send him to the tribunal, fully knowing that with his record, any charge would carry a 2-3 week minimum of a sentence.

He put a player in a choke hold, in my mind a dangerous move, and one that should result in weeks, not a fine.

Just another example of the AFL taking the easy way out.

So what, he was provoked, does that mean every time a player is provoked they get a lesser penalty from now on?

Was this the marginally late spoil attempt that barely made contact?
Oh yep that's it. The one where he was only just late, trying to spoil the ball and was given a 50m penalty. Absolute BS if he got one week before deductions for that (although I only saw it live, havn't seen a reply).:mad:

What about Zac Dawson the week before??? He was late in the spoil as well, except he put his elbow up and hit Stanton(?) in the back of the head! Yet that was thrown out straight away.:confused:

Not saying Dawson should've got anything, but how can Dawes get a week before early plea yet Dawson gets zero points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about when we played North and a North player hit Luke Ball late. Knew that when they had the chance they would get one of our players straight away. Happens all the time and quite frankly i've had enough.

How about when we played North and a North player hit Luke Ball late. Knew that when they had the chance they would get one of our players straight away. Happens all the time and quite frankly i've had enough.

AFL have Double Standers with Collingwood

Oh yep that's it. The one where he was only just late, trying to spoil the ball and was given a 50m penalty. Absolute BS if he got one week before deductions for that (although I only saw it live, havn't seen a reply).:mad:

What about Zac Dawson the week before??? He was late in the spoil as well, except he put his elbow up and hit Stanton(?) in the back of the head! Yet that was thrown out straight away.:confused:

Not saying Dawson should've got anything, but how can Dawes get a week before early plea yet Dawson gets zero points?

Dawes bumped Ling after he had disposed of the ball with a hip and shoulder. Enough contact was made to the head that it forced Ling from the ground under the blood rule. The umpire didn't see the head high contact and just let play continue.

The incident was at half forward for Geelong infront of the southern stand in the first qtr.

Umpires should be reported for the 2 frees against Ben Johnson for running to far and the throw. Get 22 weeks for that ridiculous stuff.
What's this thread about again? Oh yeah Dawes, bah, cop a plea get on with it

Dawes bumped Ling after he had disposed of the ball with a hip and shoulder. Enough contact was made to the head that it forced Ling from the ground under the blood rule. The umpire didn't see the head high contact and just let play continue.

The incident was at half forward for Geelong infront of the southern stand in the first qtr.
Ohhh ok, well scrape my rant as I didn't even see that!:eek:

Could we appeal?
It's not even at that stage.

Firstly, Chris either pleads guilty and cops the 93 points and reprimand, or we "contest" the charge and a tribunal hearing will be held, probably as early as tomorrow night.

I think we will just accept it though, which in itself can be risky because if Chris does anything else wrong for the rest of the year he has carry over points now.

I hope they accept the reprimand though, I want to see Dawes against the weakened Lions backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Chris Dawes charged with rough conduct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back