tayls

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2004
Ablett Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Geelong
I see he has been delisted are we any chance to pick him up in the PSD?

I do rate him and i think he could be useful and he is a local lad from the Falcons.

The only problem is the salary cap but we should be able to get him cheap.

Worth considering?

Thoughts?

Fair call i'm not saying get him just throwing it out there for discussion. Skills can always be improved to. There were plenty of Dee players turning it over in that final coz we dropped a man back.

tayls said:
Fair call i'm not saying get him just throwing it out there for discussion. Skills can always be improved to. There were plenty of Dee players turning it over in that final coz we dropped a man back.

He's 26, not much room for improvement IMO.

There would be worse players on our list if we picked him . But IF we are going to pick a recycled player i would prefere Guerra or Dion Woods.

holdencaulfield said:
There would be worse players on our list if we picked him . But IF we are going to pick a recycled player i would prefere Guerra or Dion Woods.

If we were going to pick a recycled player surely armstrong, cupido and possibly gilham are better than the 2 u mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In reply to the boyfriend who rates Heffernan poorly as a footballer and a person, I must say two of my brothers went to school with him (And this is Terang, a very small town), and neither of them rated him that highly as a person. But it needs to be said that most potential footballers at school are cocky to say the least. I played cricket with Chris last year and since then I have not met a more down to earth genuine person. Heffernan has grown up since then. Personally, I have had a bit to do with Luke Hodge, Jordan Lewis and Luke Vogels and I would have to say all were very cocky as kids. Since then, Hodge has settled down to be a real leader, Vogels has witnessed the highs and lows of life and learnt from it, and Lewis still has learning to do and will be a better footballer when his cockiness ceases. People change their stripes from high school and Heffernan has done that. This then leads to whether he would be good for the Cats. In my opinion, yes. 26 is a middle opf the range age that could be very beneficial to the Cats. A premiership player who has seen his share of good and bad footy. Unlike many of our players, he knows the glorys and the heartaches of football, and I think he would be fantastic in a side that does not rely on him in the midfield like Melbourne tried to do. As in make him into an elite player. Also, Heffernan played his best footy for Terang and the Falcons running off half forward kicking goals, a position he has not played at AFL level since Sheedy made him a defensive midfielder. There was talk of Lappin coming to the Cats for that role. Why not Heffernan. Thats my opinion anyway.

scottydeewah said:
I agree, he would never be in our best 22 BUT with injuries he could definately be handy. Take the punt, its not that big a risk really.

I suppose I wouldn't really have any problem with it as long as we paid him peanuts.

Still don't think it's going to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Heffernan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back