Preview Chris Mainwaring Legends Match - Eagles vs Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight in WA, at Subiaco oval, the Chris Mainwairing legends match and telethon is on.

http://www.watoday.com.au/entertain...-mainwaring-legends-match-20110728-1i1oc.html

This year, for the first time the Eagles OWLS (Older, Wiser, Larger, Slower) team will take on a Collingwood team of legends.

Names confirmed so far include Damien Monkhurst, Anthony Rocca, Rupert Betheras and Tony Francis.

It is obviously being shown live on TV in perth, but the great news is 7Mate are showing it live also, at 9.30pm into Melbourne.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/event.aspx?program_id=258754&event_id=41863832&region_id=94

It's basically like the E.J. Whitten legends game it seems, but between two great clubs.:thumbsu:

Re: Chris Mainwairing Legends Match - Eagles vs Pies.

Not on in NSW, typical.

lol, will definitely have a look. very interested to see who makes up the rest of the team. anyone have any ideas?
I can't find any more info anywhere, other then some bloke of Packer to the Rafters and some comedian will also be playing for the Pies, while some chick of the Amazing Race will be playing for the Eagles.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7155/newsid/122931/default.aspx

I'll be home because I'm buggered after a big day at the races (both financially and drinking wise).;):)

I heard in this match there are no boundary lines or any white line markings at all.

Too soon?

Some of the names, Monkhurst, Barwick, Scotty Burns, Clement, Gayfer, Barwick and Ant Rocca as coach.

This should be fun.:D

see his kids on tv?those poor kids,i feel so sorry for them. I felt so down today but after seeing that i dont have any right to feel down. and his boy kicking the goal,fantastic to see :):thumbsu::thumbsu:

Some of the names, Monkhurst, Barwick, Scotty Burns, Clement, Gayfer, Barwick and Ant Rocca as coach.

This should be fun.:D

Also Got Shannon Cox,Lee Walker and Phil Carman

Always a decent watch but Basil Zemplis as the commentator is vomit inducing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ there's some old bad memories out there.

Venables, Bayliss, Ryan, Baynes.:eek:

At least Brad Hogg (ex Aussie cricketer) is a Pies fan, never knew that.:thumbsu:

Ignoring the obvious help, Zac Mainwaring looked pretty good when he kicked it, managed to hit most targets and seemed to have good footy brains. Just wait in ten years when he gets drafted :eek:

Lol at the crowd booing Woewodin when he punched the ball away from letting Mainwaring kick the goal.

That first half was better then those E.J. Whitten matches.:thumbsu:

You had to laugh at some of the things going on, Phil Carman looked good for his age, and I think Annear, Lockyer and Clement are taking it a bit too serious.:cool:

Half time mascot race, hopefully they show it.:D

That was actually pretty good to watch.

The kid (Zack?) actually looked like he had a bit of talent, obviously a father son choice in about 10 years for the Eagles.

And oh, the Eddie McGuire medal, even Eddie would have a laugh at that.:thumbsu:

I heard in this match there are no boundary lines or any white line markings at all.

Too soon?

Not enough love for this post :D :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Chris Mainwaring Legends Match - Eagles vs Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back