Toast Chris Mayne's a Legend. Re-signed until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

To have reinvented himself in a new role to the point where he is playing acceptable footy, at his age with his lack of a skill set and all the flak he was copping is remarkable.

He's not much of a player, but I tip my hat to him. It's a fantastic effort for him to be a player at all.

Back handed compliment if I ever saw one
Nah. To succeed with limited ability is far more praiseworthy than to succeed with a heap of ability. This guy is a legend. Very very few at his stage of a career would have been willing or able to do the work or have the resilience to bounce back. Love him.

Chris Mayne is a flag bearer for all us hacks, journeymen, and underperformers who keep showing up and having a go despite our manifest inadequacies

If ever there was a mascot for this board it is Chris

Get around him comrades - we are Chris, Chris is us
I'm not Chris. I'd be drinking beers in the forward pocket at VFL laughing about my pay check and all the extra work that Bucks said I needed to do to get back into the AFL.

I've never really minded Mayne too much (mostly because he hadn't been in more than 3 senior games) but it's promising to see him generate some form, regardless of how good the teams he's playing against are.

I think I can speak for everyone on this board by saying no one wants Mayne to fail.

Let's see what he can do from here on. He's put on a good enough performance to stay inside the 22.

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry1_zps9e35dff8-420x133.jpg

I am impressed with Mayne this year. He is doing his job and he's doing it pretty adequately right now.

I think with a fully fit 22 he doesnt stay in. But right now he's earned his spot and he's earned the right to stay in.

Be nice to see him dob one now and again and I do not mean off the shin,but he is playing his role well enough to stay in atm but if we ever get back to having a full list to pick from he probably goes out.

A fair effort to get back in though and fair credit to the way he is going about it,it would be easy to take the money and run but he is having a go and that is good to see it shows a sense of pride good on him.

I actually reckon he has been OK last week and this. There isnt much with his kicking (what has happened to his kicking - at one point he was a real dead eye dick with Freo) but he has been getting to contests and contesting. Good on him I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work Mayne, he got a contract that he didn't deserve and now is getting games he doesn't deserve.

And doing enough to hold his spot.

Give me a team of Chris Maynes and I will give you a wooden spoon, but imbue a decent list with Chris Mayne's attitude and I'll give you a bloody dynasty.

Chris Mayne is a flag bearer for all us hacks, journeymen, and underperformers who keep showing up and having a go despite our manifest inadequacies

I’m Chris and so is my wife

And doing enough to hold his spot.

Give me a team of Chris Maynes and I will give you a wooden spoon, but imbue a decent list with Chris Mayne's attitude and I'll give you a bloody dynasty.

He has a good attitude but he's no legend.

His attitude has been fantastic and he does get himself involved through sheer work rate, however despite getting heaps of the ball I feel like he really offers us very little. Most of his possessions are defensive side of the wing and have been chip kicks to him out on his own, seems to have his tackles broken a little bit too if I’m honest. Definitely doing just enough to keep his spot for now but he needs to be doing a little more if he’s to keep his spot. I never root against a player in black and white so I wish him the best but don’t let his numbers from the last couple of weeks fool you.

I am impressed with Mayne this year. He is doing his job and he's doing it pretty adequately right now.

I think with a fully fit 22 he doesnt stay in. But right now he's earned his spot and he's earned the right to stay in.
i think he loses his spot to Aish but is on the cusp, maybe in the 25.

I know this is fonzies positive thread.....but did anyone else notice how times his teammates ignored him when he was on his own?

So youre saying Chris is a nuff-nuff halfwit! Bit harsh.

And to net yourself a $500K a year salary as well, that's squeezing the absolute best out of yourself. Should try it with my employer...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Chris Mayne's a Legend. Re-signed until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back