Toast Chris Mayne's a Legend. Re-signed until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot of trash on this team. Guys like Adams, Josh Thomas, for his flair.. Hoskin Elliot does some dumb ass stuff, Varcoe?

I saw Mayne throw himself at the ball on Saturday night. He was under a few tackles where he got crunched. The guy might not be a great player, but he goes in hard, unlike some of these other clowns that just run around doing sweet f all. If he keeps playing like that, I don't care if he gets 10 disposals a game.

I kind of hope he improves and and prove some people wrong about himself. I feel bad for him with the bad publicity he gets. He didn't trick Collingwood into the contract. If a footy club offered you 500k a year for 4 years, would you take it? or would you refuse and say "i'll only take 50k because I'm not a good enough player for the 500k". Blame the recruiters for the contract, not the man.
Firstly none of us know what money he is on so no relevance.

The things you mention Blair also does and every time he is picked there is outrage, as to output they are on par.

Mayne at the moment is a very ordinary player and is a fill in due to injuries.

I wouldn’t call Adams trash nor WHE, think you are being disrespectful.

If he plays I support him.

I don’t get the nastiness directed at him?

He’s not elite, he’s not a star, he seems a yard slower, he doesn’t kick as far as he used to.

But he’s going ok as a near medium level player at the moment.

He’ll make way as better ones come in, but he’s been serviceable.

Also seems like a decent enough bloke, good attitude.

Wish him well.

Totally agree. And I’m sure there’s more than half the posters here who aren’t worth what they are being paid.

Let it go and just judge him on his contribution.

Firstly none of us know what money he is on so no relevance.

The things you mention Blair also does and every time he is picked there is outrage, as to output they are on par.

Mayne at the moment is a very ordinary player and is a fill in due to injuries.

I wouldn’t call Adams trash nor WHE, think you are being disrespectful.

Josh Thomas ‘trash’? The word in itself relating to players is disrespectful.

No idea.

Nastiness?

He's just not a very good player. No nastiness just stating facts.

I don't get the overwhelming praise for someone doing a below average job.

No one is overwhelming in their praise. Everyone knows the guy’s limitations. But good on him for making it to an okay role player who contributes to the team and tries his guts out.

I honestly think the only reason he is getting a game is cos the club needs to justify his contract, he is a very average, very slow, adds not much to the team, would much rather see one of our younger guys given the chance

Good bloke tho

I honestly think the only reason he is getting a game is cos the club needs to justify his contract, he is a very average, very slow, adds not much to the team, would much rather see one of our younger guys given the chance

Good bloke tho
not sure i agree with this, the match committee have been more then happy to play him in the seconds. infact i'd argue the opposite effect on playing him, it shows if you work hard and consistently play well in the 2nds and on the training track you'll be rewarded, which gives all players hope.

Good bloke tho

Nah, the McGuire/Buckley regime desperately needs wins. They wouldn't do anything to jeopardise that. He's getting a game because Aish is injured.

Mayne has helped us win two games this year, and will be three if the rest of the team match his commitment on Friday.

You prefer your sausage being sizzled.
I prefer my sausage less cooked than MaynE

IMG_3832.JPG

Must say I was completely surprised when on the broadcast this week they mentioned Mayne had “ A career high 25 disposals” the week before.
If his contract is as reported, that’s a stunning recruiting decision, and price, to be paying.
Anyway, credit to him, he has been serviceable this year.

At first I was surprised also but thought in the main role he played 25 possies would be rare. Thought wonder how Fas and Elliott go on that.

Elliott has never had 25 possies and Fas reached 25 possies once and I reckon that was during his HB stint.

Just drop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll happen at some stage, but you know that it won't be this week.

It should be this week if we are fair dinkum.

SEN was talking about T Lynch (Adel) monetary value and they suggested 600K. It got me thinking about Mayne’s contract. Surely there’s more to the story than someone thought it was a reasonable offer. It looked overs in time and value right from the start and I’ve often wondered if there was some other agenda to this deal which fell over. I almost feel Gubby (and others) have intimated as much at times. The deal on its own just doesn’t make sense.

SEN was talking about T Lynch (Adel) monetary value and they suggested 600K. It got me thinking about Mayne’s contract. Surely there’s more to the story than someone thought it was a reasonable offer. It looked overs in time and value right from the start and I’ve often wondered if there was some other agenda to this deal which fell over. I almost feel Gubby (and others) have intimated as much at times. The deal on its own just doesn’t make sense.

There are just some things in this life, like the Mayne contract and the fact that some people voluntarily listed to George Michael, which are not meant to be understood. Ever.

There are just some things in this life, like the Mayne contract and the fact that some people voluntarily listened to George Michael, which are not meant to be understood. Ever.

bcbcbcbcbc.gif

There are just some things in this life, like the Mayne contract and the fact that some people voluntarily listed to George Michael, which are not meant to be understood. Ever.
Have you considered the possibility that when Mayne’s contract was being done
George Michael’s music was playing in the background?

Have you considered the possibility that when Mayne’s contract was being done
George Michael’s music was playing in the background?

Honestly SV, I more pictured that scene in 'Apocalypse Now' where Martin Sheen drowns in alcohol, memory and insanity in an overheated Saigon hotel room, to the maddening strains of 'The End' by the Doors.

Honestly SV, I more pictured that scene in 'Apocalypse Now' where Martin Sheen drowns in alcohol, memory and insanity in an overheated Saigon hotel room, to the maddening strains of 'The End' by the Doors.
And a great song it is too!

I’m sticking to it being George Michael or was it Boy George?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Chris Mayne's a Legend. Re-signed until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back