Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun thread to read. Carlton posters are fuming and seeing Yarran and RFC as traitors and incompetent *%&U&%#. Tiger posters are fairly uncommitted about this. Keep 12 and 19 is a win!! Yarran for 19 good deal. Yarran for 12 not on. One side is committed to the cause - of feeling betrayed and wanting their pound of flesh. The other is fairly unbothered. Asymmetric attitudes by supporters and the clubs.

And if you feel betrayed what does a professional club like Adelaide feel about one of the top few players in the AFL doing the same or worse - they arrange the best deal they can and quickly. Danger is in Geelong for less than his worth but more than the alternative. That is what professional clubs do, talk to players they want and arrange things to the best advantage, even if it isn't all they desire. 17 club supporters are looking at this and thinking 'WTF are Carlton doing, this is a win win'

Buyers beware. Yarran will give you 3 good games out of 14. Other 8 will be suspended either by AFL or internally by the club
Then why is he worth more than pick 19?

A few things blue supporters are missing out on mate.

First the bridge is burnt between the blues and Yarran. Your club does not want him back, they have not even spoken to him since the season has finished, so if anyone believes he will walk back into the fold are dreaming, this is no walker situation here.

Secondly, the blues have put themselves in a real precarious position. You stated you wanted a first round pick, we get you one as 19 is technically a compo first round selection and the blues balk ? The message that sends to the players on your list currently and those that may want to come in the future is scary. Its ok for the blues on one hand to break a contract for example with menzel as long as it benefits the blues but if you serve 7 years and you want to go, we will crucify you.

The tigers risk here is minimal. We can now keep our 2 first picks, trade one of them for a jet like Steele, get Yarran to quit footy after the list lodgement phase do your list plays one short and his money is still included in your cap. Then we higher him as a training assistant for the year, so to keep him conditioned and get to bond with the players, then next year we draft him for a late 5th round and the blues get nothing at all.

Bottom line the AFL is corrupt, they hate bad press, they will force the Yarran trade, just watch lol. Personally, even though I rate Yarran and want him in my side, i would perfer if the blues dont accept 19 by lunch today, to walk away and let the above shit storm happen. We still at worst get 2 quality kids, or 1 quality kid and a quality trade and get yarran next year for nothing and the blues get zero.

he is not selfish, are you bitter he just wont talk to anyone but the tigers ? When it looked like the Hawks would swoop, you did not have that view of yarran then.
he cracked the shits halfway through the season and pretty much refused to try. how is this not selfish?

i dont really care who he talks to as long as it isnt Hawthorn. we can do without that sort of player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can keep him, we'll keep pick 19. We'll get him as a RFA next year and you will get a second round compensation pick which is worse than pick 19...

Then you can shove the 2016 wooden spoon up your arse sideways. campaigners.
I just don't get the tactic.

Pick 19 is fair value for Yarran given his inconsistent year, if anything it is slight overs.

Demanding Pick 12 is pure fantasy for SOS and CFC, no other club other than CFC believes he is worth Pick 12.

CFC think they have the power, sure he is contracted and wants out, but he isn't a superstar or a jet. Yep has the potential. With potential comes risk.

Pick 12 in any draft, if traded, would seek a gun player. Yarran doesn't fit this mould. Again, has the ability, but his past performances have downgraded this. I think Richmond are happy to sit firm on 19 or leave it be, whilst exploring other potential trade options.

Damn, i hate it when i make sense...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Buyers beware. Yarran will give you 3 good games out of 14. Other 8 will be suspended either by AFL or internally by the club
So he is a pick 120 in your eyes.

Personally I wouldn't of been too fussed if we accept #19 and move on. Cut our losses and hit the draft.

However SOS not accepting #19 suggests he told Richmond what it would take to yield Yarran and they've completely ignored that. Instead trying to muster up something closer to what they believe his value to be.

He is contracted thus Carlton is the price maker... you can't slam SOS for trying to get the best deal possible for an 18th placed team with close to one of the worst lists in modern football.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens... does Richmond end up giving #12 knowing it's their only shot at Yarran this year and that they have another first rounder a few spots down the order... or do Carlton just accept #19 and be gone with it.

Yarran doesn't have drug charges hanging over his head

Maybe the AFL player ratings can shed some light on the situation?

Please tell us again where Chris Yarran is rated, so we can confirm how many ****s we don't give.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back