Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

haha don't get me wrong, he's probably 2nd on my favourite player list but I can still see areas he needs to work on.

Gen E-ral :rolleyes::p
I'm not one to highlight individual plays, but in the game against the Saints, Yarran's poise and balance in heavy traffic to tap it clear and then get it out to Simpson was...

homerdrooln.jpg

Name a 19 year old who doesn't need to improve? :confused: ;) :p

Comments from the Supercoach

Tell me, was the decision to take Watson with our first pick incorrect? Will he be a dude?

Of course he will be a dude...

You dont think he will be a dude .. or you think he will be a dude??

I dont get your point.. dude!!!:confused:

Was he the right choice as pick 18???

Im not convinced... are you convinced????

Of course he will be a dude...

You dont think he will be a dude .. or you think he will be a dude??

I dont get your point.. dude!!!:confused:

Was he the right choice as pick 18???

Im not convinced... are you convinced????

Hey THS, you didn't let me down!

(LOL) Knew you'd respond

You really crack me up!

... am waiting for your next instalment :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted by The Pyschologist on TC:

Saw Yarran yesterday. Looks pretty good but still needs to trim down a bit. Had a good long conversation with Eddie Betts and Jeff Garlett who said that Yarran is having a great pre season and Ratts has been using him off HB in practice (Finally!!!!!) and he has been starring. Betts comment was he will be the next Andrew McLeod (where have I heard that before).

Very positive news IMO!!!!!! :smoking:

Turned 20 today.

The next ten years will be a great ride for Carlton supporters. :thumbsu: :) :cool:

Happy birthday Silk!

Head down, bum up and 2011 will be your break out year my boy.

Very much looking forward to watching you winning a couple of flags and a Norm Smith with the Blues over your career - as well as setting up both yourself and your family for life. :thumbsu:

You don't know and love football if you think the decision to draft this player was a mistake.

[YOUTUBE]uzfvoLy3dmQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lZNdf914_94[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ANe4vSZi0C4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HZ5eIv-zggo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FAULsCuE0MU[/YOUTUBE]

Runs flat chat to take bouncing balls cleanly with speedsters on his hammer like he's in the matrix.

You need a physicist to explain how he squeezed out three kicks with at least one Collingwood, Adelaide and Fremantle player trying to smother the ball.

My favourite goal was the set shot against Geelong from the boundary line.

Fev-like with his awareness and the way he kicks through the ball.

Im going to enjoy following Yarran next year. This kid has some serious talent and I'm confident that he will make an impact during the season.

Reports from training say that he has been tearing it up on the track. These words make me look forward to the 2011 season and beyond.

Training reports also suggest that he may spend some time playing from half-back next season as he is being played in that position at training. I'm all for this idea as we could use his silky skills and blistering pace coming out of the backline.
Im certain that he will spend short stints in the midfield as well which can only be a good thing.

OK, that's all I have for now, so Adios Amigos!

Just some quotes from other posters about his work ethic at training:

Chris Yarran - played in the midfield in the short hitout they had and he was everywhere. Ready to take that next step as an outside mid as they just cant catch him

Yaz looked polished and made about two mistakes all day, causing him to swear at himself in the process.

- Yarran, sublime

If that is true then he will definitely be spending more game time in the midfield. He can also play forward and is being trained to play halfback so he will be used as a utility player and not as the substitute.

I can't wait to see him dodging and weaving through opposing players and kicking it lace out to one of our forwards (or kicking the goal himself).

They were in groups of three :D

Nah, they were in two halves.

Nice work Sin :)

Great to see the improvement. Be interesting to see where Yaz plays this year.

Think there was word they working towards Yaz playing off half back this year.

Eventually, be great to see him as a mid, but given he's been in and out of the side, would much prefer to see him learning more of the game from the half back flank in playing a defensive role on an experienced mid size player, then moving to the middle

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back