Nooka

Debutant
Sep 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man U, Attadale Bombers, B.R.C
7 News just reported that Chris Yarran could be in the mix for the Tarrant Deal, out of all the other options they proposed (Medhurst, Leon Davis and Carl Peterson) he is definitely the best.

It is extremely unlikely that Carlton will be willing to get rid of this future gun, but there were reports last year that he was homesick and was visiting home, at least once a month. Which is odd for an interstate player, as under the CBA players are scheduled 2 flights home during the year.

If we can get Yarran for Tarrant and possibly a swap of 2nd/3rd picks (we give them our second) I would do it in a heartbeat.

Thoughts?

They were probably just wheeling off names of WA players from those clubs, wouldn't read much into it. I'm not sold on Yarran yet and he's definitely not the type of player we should be targeting, Carlton would probably be asking a lot as well.

They were probably just wheeling off names of WA players from those clubs, wouldn't read much into it. I'm not sold on Yarran yet and he's definitely not the type of player we should be targeting, Carlton would probably be asking a lot as well.

Agree.

However if they throw that up id take it in a heartbeat also. Yarran would be more then handy on Subiaco plus he's a kid so upside is endless.

Taz and our first for Yarran and their 2nd maybe. Pretty hard to put a value on what Tarrant is worth tbh, but I reckon they'd want a bit more than Taz and an upgrade on their 3rd round

Definately a name I'd be interested to hear more of.

After the past few trades for Carlton, I'm beginning to think the problem wasn't all Schwabolly. Being Ick'd is the new Fremantled perhaps?

would probably require tarrant + our first rounder just to get him. in a compromised draft like this i wouldn't be upset if this happened but even so its still highly unlikely.

we need more kpp's and rucks so they're first priority imo

I'm not sold on Yarran yet and he's definitely not the type of player we should be targeting, Carlton would probably be asking a lot as well.

Why not?

We've seen that sublime skills are priceless with Mundy and Walters.

I know he's had family problems and all that but I think someone like Harvey would be good for him.

Hypothetically, would get to play with mate Walters, and in Ballantyne, Yarran, Walters and Mayne we'd have our small and medium forward brigade unstoppable for nearly 10 years.

We wouldn't have to draft a forward for 4 years or so, and could just focus on getting the smalls into the middle, rather than anything else.

We're not getting rid of one of our most talented players and he doesn't want to go.

Yarran inks two-year deal

“I’m happy to sign a new two-year deal with the club,” Yarran said at Visy Park today. It’s good enough for me that the coaches and everyone have got faith in me for a two-year deal. I was rapt with it when I got it and hopefully I can return the favour and play some good footy to the end of this year and in the two years to come.”

“Luckily the contract came through [because] I love Carlton, I love the club and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else,” Yarran said.

Yarran inks two-year deal

would probably require tarrant + our first rounder just to get him. in a compromised draft like this i wouldn't be upset if this happened but even so its still highly unlikely.

we need more kpp's and rucks so they're first priority imo

This. Even then, your first rounder will be 20 or so. Yarran for a 30 year old coming off an injury ravaged year + pick 20?

Pass. Not going to happen. Just signed a 2 year contract anyway.

Yarran?

Do_Not_Want_Dog.jpg

Too soft, is totally contrary to the gameplan. Would rather a late 2nd rounder.

There's big question marks on his fitness and work rate. With his body and skill set, his ideal position is playing midfield but he hasn't got the tank for it yet and may never develop it. We've got enough quality flankers with good disposal coming through, we really need to recruit some talls and some genuine ball winners.

The fact that Yarran signed a new deal 8 weeks ago illustrates how shithouse 7-Perth are. Those clowns are certainly something I don't miss since moving interstate.

We can take the rest of those names with a pinch of salt now too, but Medhurst, Davis and Peterson would all be handy. Medders would have to come with a sweetener though.

Carlton were furious with Yarran last year for something that Yarran didn't tell them (although he had no legal obligation to tell them) when he was drafted. So can understand if he is not that highly valued down there.

We would be well advised to avoid him, more so because he is better off in Melbourne away from certain people he associated with in WA prior to getting drafted.

Don't want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's big question marks on his fitness and work rate. With his body and skill set, his ideal position is playing midfield but he hasn't got the tank for it yet and may never develop it. We've got enough quality flankers with good disposal coming through, we really need to recruit some talls and some genuine ball winners.

He only needs to get fit enough for stints in the middle though, could you imagine having Walters, Yarran and Balla's each playing 30% of each game on ball, 30% half forward and 30% in the pocket. :thumbsu:

Yarran?

Do_Not_Want_Dog.jpg

Too soft, is totally contrary to the gameplan. Would rather a late 2nd rounder.

Totally agree. Who would you replace? Ballas? Mayne? DeBoer? Walters?

I for one am tired of the days that we gave away our first round draft picks (no matter how late they are and a quality player.

What used to happen is that the player we gave away does better than the one we recruit to the club and we lose our first Round Draft pick.

No Dice! We get an early round draft pick and/or or a quality player from the Hawks/Blues/Pies. No more giving away quality and getting Crapola!:thumbsdown:

Yarran would be nice but this is far from reality. If it was Jacobs or Hampson plus an up grade on a pick (their 2nd for our 3rd?)then we are getting close.

Yeah but we gave away our first picks for 28 year old hacks, even if he didn't turn out a full on gun, at least we'd get 10 years from a player with good skills.

He went 6th in a pretty good draft, so you'd think he is worthy of t20 in this one. Has a bit of the Mundyesque class.

As much as I hate to say this, and I pray that my information is wrong but I was told last weekend that Davis is a very good chance to be in the purple next year. This was told to me by someone close to Davis.

He went 6th in a pretty good draft, so you'd think he is worthy of t20 in this one. Has a bit of the Mundyesque class.

So because Carlton can't pick decent players for shit and grossly overexaggerate his worth 2 years ago, that somehow makes him a decent player now?

He's an undisciplined, soft, lazy frontrunner. The ability to pull the occasional goal out of your arse does not a quality AFL player make. I don't think he's beyond hope, but he's a long way from it atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back