Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Walters > Yarran.

Better kick, better deffensive pressure. Yarran would be a depth player at the moment...not that there's any way Yarran's leaving the Blues.

Silly rumour.

Entirely incorrect.

Yarran is a very solid prospect with skills better than Walters.

In our favour here is there close reationship and the fact that his other best mates plays down the road.

A new 2 year deal means nothing when it comes to the trade table.

Do not discount.

If yarran gets traded anywhere it will be to egirls an it will be because they threw the house at him to get him.
Think its more likely he will stay at carlton though.

Walters has better foot skills and defensive pressure.
But Yarran has size an strength, more likely to kick goals, skillful and if he ever gets the fitness will be a very handy midfielder.

Due to his size he will always be rated alot higher than walters.

As much as I hate to say this, and I pray that my information is wrong but I was told last weekend that Davis is a very good chance to be in the purple next year. This was told to me by someone close to Davis.

Nick or Leon?

I'm not saying he's a gun, but I don't think Carlton over rated him by 2 rounds. He may not be the best fit for us anyways, so we'll see how things go down.

Let's delist Des, and trade in Neon Leon. It wouldn't feel right without a talented list clogger who disappears when it matters, on our list.

No, let's delist Murphy and Des and trade in BOTH Leon and Nick Davis. Two for two really...

September called.

It wants its joke back.

Not funny.

September has the Bulldogs and Saint Kilda already, how many more jokes does it need??

Our recruiters rated him at #2 in the 2008 draft, he has just inked a 2 year extension, and from all accounts loves playing with WA boys Gartlett, Armfield and Betts.

Your recruiters are ****ing idiots. They probably rate Armfield as well. Garlett - well, they got lucky there. Easily the best prospect in your forward line.

I can't work out what anyone sees in Yarran. The guy deadset craps himself whenever someone grunts in his general direction.

Tarrant and our first round..Take that in a second.

I think we need to chase Yarran pretty hard if he wants to go home, massive upside and would be playing with a fair few of his mates from his junior days.

If Mundy is destined to leave, then we'd want to look at getting Yarran in some kind of deal as well.

Your recruiters are ****ing idiots.

You might want to let Emma Quayle know in her drafting thread on your board:

She also rated him at #2 in that Draft:

2. Chris Yarran
(Swan Districts, 180cm, 83kg)
For the past few days I’ve been thinking: can you really have Chris at No. 2? But I'm backing him in. He is just an exceptionally gifted player.

People are going to love watching him. He has beautiful skills and an ability to either involve those around him or just do it himself and kick goals. He hasn't proved himself as a midfielder, but as he develops his fitness — and I think he'll thrive in an AFL environment — he'll spend increasing time in there. Eighteen months ago, Chris was incredibly shy, he almost didn’t even want people to notice him. Now, he seems so much more content and confident in himself. I think he’ll be a great player.

They probably rate Armfield as well. Garlett - well, they got lucky there. Easily the best prospect in your forward line.

Are you serious? Or is this an anti Swan districts troll?

Both great (young) players. Are both top 10 in our B&F with considerable scope for improvement (Gartlett being too skinny and easily worked off the ball, and Dennis needing polish on his disposal to match his hardness and run)

I can't work out what anyone sees in Yarran. The guy deadset craps himself whenever someone grunts in his general direction.

Im sorry, how many goals did you kick in your three years of WAFL/ AFL senior matches from the ages of 17 - 19? And how many AFL rising star noms did you get?

He needs to work on his motor, and he is still guilty of ball watching a little too often, but if you cant see the obvious talent in this kid, im a little amazed.

You remind me of some of the Pies posters in this thread on Dane Swan:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95758

I really can't see him getting a game on merit. I haven't seen anything to excite me at all.

Don't think he's good enough.

Reasonable skill but prone to errors, no great depth in his kicking, one-paced, not especially good overhead, but a good football brain. In other words, no particular aspect of his game makes him stand out.

Should we have dropped him and left room for another draft pick or a PSD pick? In hindsight we could have drafted Gayfer. Swan is not the worst player we carry on our list but I cant see how or why he will make it.

Swan will always be a fringe player, someone who gets a game if we have a deep injury list. Nixon on the other hand looks like he will be a handy type.

I have seen Swann play a few times. He gets the ball ok but is prone to making skill errors. To my mind if he continues to do this during 2004 then we would have to look at delisting him.

Im also reminded of the unfair Hill/ Rich comparisons.

And I reckon you guys got that one right by a country mile.

Give it up Malfice. He is NOT highly rated at Carlton anymore. Not after Yarran conveniently "forgot" to tell them about a certain significant detail before they drafted him. Court orders prevent anyone talking about it as it relates to when he was a minor (i.e. just before he got drafted).

Take it on good advice. He is damaged goods and better left in Melbourne lest he end up like Krakouer. Stop trying to unload him on others.

Give it up Malfice. He is NOT highly rated at Carlton anymore. Not after Yarran conveniently "forgot" to tell them about a certain significant detail before they drafted him. Court orders prevent anyone talking about it as it relates to when he was a minor (i.e. just before he got drafted).

Take it on good advice. He is damaged goods and better left in Melbourne lest he end up like Krakouer. Stop trying to unload him on others.

:eek:

Not only did the club find out over a year ago, they also offered him a new contract this season. You talk a lot of shit.

Call me crazy but I still think Yarran will be a star. Would love him at Freo playing with Walters.

I too exepct big things from Yarran.

This day and age we seem to expect draftees (and first round draftees in particular) to dominate from the get go.

And yes, a few definitely do stand out. But for the most part these are just kids who need to grow up, mature, and adjust to living their life in totally new surrounds.

Give him time. Yarran will be an exceptional footballer. I'd love him at Fremantle.

If palmer wanting a trade rumour true...

Taz + Palmer for Yarran...

Wouldnt be pumped about it but wouldnt be annoyed either.

However I doubt it would happen and for those saying stupid things about Yarran, you will feel stupid in a few seasons time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If palmer wanting a trade rumour true...

Taz + Palmer for Yarran...

Wouldnt be pumped about it but wouldnt be annoyed either.

However I doubt it would happen and for those saying stupid things about Yarran, you will feel stupid in a few seasons time.

No chance in hell of Carlton trading Yarran for Tarrant, Tarrant has told Freo he wants out..he is 30 years old and had injury concerns this season.

I for one hope Carlton steer clear of him unless they get him for next to nothing.

I think your best bet is to try and get something from the Hawks as they have just lost Brown and need some defenders big time.

Yarran will be a gun.

Indeed. It's worth noting that his career to date stacks up pretty similarly with a bloke they'll be hoping he can emulate in Alan Didak.

In what way does it stack up? Didak was a key member of a GF side at exactly the same point Yarran is at now. Unlike Yarran, he was dropped numerous times during the year.

You might want to let Emma Quayle know in her drafting thread on your board:

She also rated him at #2 in that Draft:

No doubt another amateur who watched the highlights video only and made a call based exclusively on that.
I saw a fair bit of Swans that year, both live and on TV, and I was never convinced on Yarran. Huge upside for sure, but there were questions over his temperament and discipline. Those questions still exist.

Are you serious? Or is this an anti Swan districts troll?

Both great (young) players. Are both top 10 in our B&F with considerable scope for improvement (Gartlett being too skinny and easily worked off the ball, and Dennis needing polish on his disposal to match his hardness and run)

Armfield is just a terrible decision maker. If he can sort that out he'll be a good honest player.

But from what i've seen of Garlett, he's genuine quality, I rate him light years ahead of Yarran.

Im sorry, how many goals did you kick in your three years of WAFL/ AFL senior matches from the ages of 17 - 19? And how many AFL rising star noms did you get?

What relevance is that, given i'm not pretending to be an AFL player?

He needs to work on his motor, and he is still guilty of ball watching a little too often, but if you cant see the obvious talent in this kid, im a little amazed.

You remind me of some of the Pies posters in this thread on Dane Swan:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95758

Fair enough - people thought Dane Swan was shit. People think Yarran is shit, therefore Yarran = Dane Swan.

Let us know when Stephen Dodd becomes a superstar.

In what way does it stack up? Didak was a key member of a GF side at exactly the same point Yarran is at now. Unlike Yarran, he was dropped numerous times during the year.

Probably because Yarran averages more disposals, marks, tackles and almost as many goals at the same stage of their careers you idiot troll.

Yarran was only dropped once this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back