Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

And who would that be, and why?
Christianity has been one of the few institutions to have helped end slavery over the past 1800 years -- particularly if you look at Western Europe prior to the Transatlantic slave trade and then also helping to end that.

Making up your own misguided version of history because you dislike Christianity says more about you than anything else.

Christianity has been one of the few institutions to have helped end slavery over the past 1800 years -- particularly if you look at Western Europe prior to the Transatlantic slave trade and then also helping to end that.

Making up your own misguided version of history because you dislike Christianity says more about you than anything else.
Get off the thread with your culture war crap and show some respect.

Coal is phasing out and being replaced by renewables.
I'm not convinced renewables will be able to cope with the sheer level of power required to facilitate the current economic interconnectedness of the world (i.e. shipping literal tonnes of resources at a time) at least for the moment. I think we require an immediate dramatic reduction in scale of trade to mitigate the climate change which is already inevitable, and it will take some time for renewables to catch up. (Bearing in mind I'm no expert, so speculating and not speaking from authority).

Given you've already stated in this thread that you have no interest in learning the beliefs of your enemies, you're in danger of basing your opinions of others entirely on 'prejudice'.
So you really think that this murderous arseh*le might have some good points to make? If not, why the **** would I want to read them. Either way, I don't need to read what he said when you espouse the selfsame bullshit.

I think as a society we enable it.

Websites like stormfront, 4chan, 8chan are allowed to exist infetted.

What sort of society do we live in where it is is possible that the whole thing can be streamed live on Facebook?

With zero repercussions to anyone.

A lot of things are very very wrong.

Yeah there are a lot of traps to fall into. This is where parenting comes in.

40 people who were minding their own business are dead.

They're not going home tonight BECAUSE of politics.

40 dead New Zealanders and BigFooty's right wing nut jobs say the solution is to not let in people who look like them. And feigning outrage when told to get bent and Teh Left are really culpable because of our words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a clear threat coming from right wing terrorists. They need to be dealt just as campaigners who believe Mohommad is the best and will kill others to prove it are dealt with.

You want to interpret that as violent retaliation, good.
At least your honest I suppose I wish your tribe all the best Il sit this one out.

Insane crime.

From what I understand there are tie-ins with sites like 4chan.

ohshit-png.695030

Christianity could have ended slavery at any point in the two thousand years before it did end. Excuse me for not giving them a gold star for effort.

So you really think that this murderous arseh*le might have some good points to make? If not, why the **** would I want to read them.

It's not about whether his points are good or not, it's about understanding what they are, where they come from, and how to combat them.

Either way, I don't need to read what he said when you espouse the selfsame bullshit.

Ah, so now I share the views of the shooter? Would you care to point out which views I apparently share with him?

If I believe women should be subservient to men and you don’t, or if I believe it’s right to strike my children and you don’t, or I believe that criminals should be executed and you don’t, and I’m willing to apply said beliefs, where is the common ground?

On striking children it's a matter of degrees isn't it? A smack on the arse will produce a screaming child but I don't know if it's a 'societal evil'. If you believe women should be subservient to men and you actually FIND one who'll put up with that shit, well what can I do? As long as you aren't raping her (sexual subservience) or keeping her against her will there is not a great deal I can do.

Ditto capital punishment. If you were to go round executing criminals yourself that might be a bit of a problem legally anyways, but voicing your opinion? Go for it. All I can do is disagree.

You're a human. I'm a human. We both have beliefs formed, at least in part, by how we grew up, who our families associated with, etc. This leads to long-entrenched beliefs and, unless we have these beliefs exposed and examined by others, they'll just continue to fester in there somewhere.

Talkng about our beliefs and attempting to justify them in the face of opposing views is good. Its healthy, even. It may seem like empty motherhood wank but recognising this right regarding others yields a patch of common ground.

Only a left leaning loon would allege that posters who they disagree with would commit the same sort of acts with no basis. You really are filth.
No, the filth are the ones in NZ who gunned down innocent people.

You have interesting priorities.

On striking children it's a matter of degrees isn't it? A smack on the arse will produce a screaming child but I don't know if it's a 'societal evil'. If you believe women should be subservient to men and you actually FIND one who'll put up with that shit, well what can I do? As long as you aren't raping her (sexual subservience) or keeping her against her will there is not a great deal I can do.

Ditto capital punishment. If you were to go round executing criminals yourself that might be a bit of a problem legally anyways, but voicing your opinion? Go for it. All I can do is disagree.

You're a human. I'm a human. We both have beliefs formed, at least in part, by how we grew up, who our families associated with, etc. This leads to long-entrenched beliefs and, unless we have these beliefs exposed and examined by others, they'll just continue to fester in there somewhere.

Talkng about our beliefs and attempting to justify them in the face of opposing views is good. Its healthy, even. It may seem like empty motherhood wank but recognising this right regarding others yields a patch of common ground.
What if I think your permissiveness is decadent and worthy of violence towards you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back