Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Turning Bailey Smith in to Petracca would be the best for dogs. Don't care how much they over pay.

Bevo can play him in the back pocket.

I just don't see how any club would satisfy Melbournes huge likely demand.

They would need probably 2 top 10 picks at a minimum maybe more.

I would love him at Hawthorn but he's contracted for ages, hasn't nominated anyone so if he does want to leave he's reliant on Melbourne to be lenient and they won't be
The bulldogs could do it if they were willing to lose one of Ugle Hagan or Darcy.

Is there enough time for Petracca to show he is physically able to perform at a high standard before trade period? I assume no, and therefore clubs would be averse to offering picks or players that match what we assume Trac’s value is.
BSI’s regardless of severity provided they weren’t removed have a similar healing timeframe

He should be running and lifting weights by trade period start, but he obviously needs a good chunk of conditioning

EDIT:
Running and lifting at a high intensity - he’s already training but it’s very very low key

If I was a Melbourne person I'd be pissed off at Petracca.

Won a flag, finished top 4 each of the last three seasons and at first sign of trouble he is agitating to get out. What happened to being a leader and being part of the solution?

If I was a Melbourne person I'd be pissed off at Petracca.

Won a flag, finished top 4 each of the last three seasons and at first sign of trouble he is agitating to get out. What happened to being a leader and being part of the solution?
I'm thrilled with him. He's bringing attention/pressure to the utter shitshow that is our current administration and club culture.

I'm thrilled with him. He's bringing attention/pressure to the utter shitshow that is our current administration and club culture.
His team leaking to Tom Morris cost you Dan Houston and potentially other trade targets.

No problem with him demanding more of the Dees but do it internally.

His team leaking to Tom Morris cost you Dan Houston and potentially other trade targets.

Bolded is a fantastic outcome though. We're no longer in contention, spending two first-rounders on a 28-year-old half-back flanker would have been negligent.

Club is rotten at its head and players want out.

I saw Garry Lyon getting salty at the suggestion on OTC the other night and said Melbourne had given Petracca 'everything', including a flag.

Well mate, I think it's the other way around. Melbourne don't win a flag without Petracca.

He should be grateful that he's bringing attention to it this way, instead of keeping quiet and suddenly demanding a trade a season's end.

Also, a lot of that 'gratefulness' would've disappeared when the club sent him back on the field after his injury instead of straight to the hospital

Melbourne need to rebuild, they won’t win another flag with this group or get anywhere near it.

Petracca would fill a gap at Carlton but we’ve got nothing other than picks to viably offer.

2024 first + 2025 first + 2025 second + 1-2 fringe players.

Probably not nearly enough. Doubt we can fit the salary in either.

Some of the suggestions here look too high to me (eg 2 first rounders + a player or + second rounders).

If there is truth to the story he wants out, then you’re talking about a disgruntled player, coming off a big injury, turning 29 next year. He’s an amazing player but all this has a discounting impact on the price when you compare him to the biggest trades of the past few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have the second worst list in the afl at the moment. They have 6 guns, one who might never get close to previous levels, a couple of good kids and about 12 list cloggers.

The problem is petracca won't want to leave Melbourne, no vic clubs have the draft hands to get a deal done so ge stays.

If Petracca was serious about leaving to win a flag, then his best options would be Freo, GWS or Brisbane.

If he left just to go to another Melbourne club, then he isn't serious about winning a flag before he retires.
Hawks or Geeelong could get something done but it would require a good young best 22 player

Met with Lachie Neale . Thinking he just wants out of the Melbourne bubble as much as anything.

Lions might feel confident in dumping all 2025 picks and maybe a guy like Berry

Supposedly met with the Blues recently according to some of our 'ITK' posters. Don't see how it would be possible via trade, nor why we would be keen (purely from a list make up standpoint, obviously a superstar at his best).

If we start getting linked to him via the media I'd be expecting some big moves from the Blues this off season, would need to clear some serious cap space to even get to the table.

The bulldogs could do it if they were willing to lose one of Ugle Hagan or Darcy.
Na. If Petracca insisted on the trade.

Hawks 1st (Smith trade) + Dogs future 1st + Collingwoods 2nd (from hawks for smith) would get it done.
They also might get a pick from English (re-signed?) or even Lobb.

Last edited:
Na. If Petracca insisted on the trade.

Hawks 1st (Smith trade) + Dogs 1st + Collingwoods 1st (from hawks for smith) would get it done.
They also might get a pick from English or even Lobb.
Dunno where to start with this.

Collingwood's first is going to Fremantle and has nothing to do with Bailey Smith.

Smith is likely to go to Geelong, not Hawthorn.

Hawthorn will likely give up their first to WC for Barrass.

Tim English has re-signed with the Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs have traded their first pick to Gold Coast.

Lobb, if he was to get traded, isn't getting anything significant in a trade.

Melbourne aren't going to accept a couple of picks in the teens for Petracca.

Last edited:
Dunno where to start with this.

Collingwood's first is going to Fremantle and has nothing to do with Bailey Smith.

Smith is likely to go to Geelong, not Hawthorn.

Hawthorn will likely give up their first to WC for Barrass.

Tim English has re-signed with the Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs have traded their first pick to Gold Coast.

Lobb, if he was to get traded, isn't getting anything significant in a trade.

Melbourne aren't going to accept a couple of picks in the teens for Petracca.
Sorry mistyped Collingwoods 2nd.

It works with Geelongs 1st and 2nd as well.

Didn't English re-sign? Okay.
Future 1st works as well.

Supposedly met with the Blues recently according to some of our 'ITK' posters. Don't see how it would be possible via trade, nor why we would be keen (purely from a list make up standpoint, obviously a superstar at his best).

If we start getting linked to him via the media I'd be expecting some big moves from the Blues this off season, would need to clear some serious cap space to even get to the table.
Seems he's meeting with all 17 clubs according to those ITK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back