Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

It just has a feel that it’s stay at Dees or he gets to Pies however that gets done.

Collingwood fan growing up, close ties with the Daicos boys.

End of day it’s up to CP.
I think it is hard to say. With Gawn, May Lever,Viney, Oliver, Fritsch, Pickett all with good prospects for 2025, Melbourne doesn't want to take itself out of premiership contention by trading Petracca for 19 year old draftees.
The only good solution i can think of is for maybe Melbourne can promise to trade him at end of 2025 of it is clear they are out of premiership contention.

Why are Pies fans so confident lmao, they have nothing at all to trade.

F1? their 2nd rounder tied to the Hawks? LOL nice jokes pies fans.
Dogs most likely with Smith cap space outgoing + good picks in

Plus, they have three superstar KPF’s that Melbourne desperately need, any of them could go a long way to getting it done

We’d only be able to do it with McKay but I don’t think we’d do that to him unless he’d indicated he wanted to

Cerra was rumoured to want to go to Melbourne but he would need to come with serious draft capital on top of that

I think he does leave and as much as I’d love it to be us I just don’t see how we’d do it without disturbing the culture by shopping players around

Dogs most likely with Smith cap space outgoing + good picks in

Plus, they have three superstar KPF’s that Melbourne desperately need, any of them could go a long way to getting it done

We’d only be able to do it with McKay but I don’t think we’d do that to him unless he’d indicated he wanted to

Cerra was rumoured to want to go to Melbourne but he would need to come with serious draft capital on top of that

I think he does leave and as much as I’d love it to be us I just don’t see how we’d do it without disturbing the culture by shopping players around
Yeah I cant see Carlton getting it done without losing Mckay or something like you said.

Dogs are a good target, theyre in a premiership window and have trade capital.
They probably just need to convince one of their KPP to leave to go to the rabble that will be Melbourne with no Petracca, which would be incredibly unlikely.

Essendon might actually just be the best one though.
Theyve got young mids taken with high picks sitting in the VFL in Tsatas and Hobbs who would walk straight into Melbournes midfield, theyve no need for their 1st pick with Kako there to match early on, and theyve seemingly got most of the other pieces in place.
If the Bombers go for it then I could see Tsatas + pick 8 for Petracca with whatever else to even it out.
Dees go into next year with Tsatas and 2 top 10 picks to start a rebuild

Yeah I cant see Carlton getting it done without losing Mckay or something like you said.

Dogs are a good target, theyre in a premiership window and have trade capital.
They probably just need to convince one of their KPP to leave to go to the rabble that will be Melbourne with no Petracca, which would be incredibly unlikely.

Essendon might actually just be the best one though.
Theyve got young mids taken with high picks sitting in the VFL in Tsatas and Hobbs who would walk straight into Melbournes midfield, theyve no need for their 1st pick with Kako there to match early on, and theyve seemingly got most of the other pieces in place.
If the Bombers go for it then I could see Tsatas + pick 8 for Petracca with whatever else to even it out.
Dees go into next year with Tsatas and 2 top 10 picks to start a rebuild

Dogs are going to have pay Darcy a massive contract next year.

Naughton, JUH, English and Darcy all probably on close to a million.

I would be shocked if they could afford him.

I think one of the forwards out is how they’d do it

I also agree with essendon as a potential suitor but Tsatas I have heard is very FIGJAM and not liked amongst the youth there, though is well received by the senior players

So maybe Tsatas +8 could do it, cap space mightn’t be an issue if Shiel is gone to the Saints

Yeah like I said I cant see it getting done unless they convince one of their young KPPs to leave. None of them will want to go to Melbourne without Petracca, so a 3rd club probably has to get involved.

If the Bombers(idk) trades for Naughton, then the Dogs on trade that + the pick from Bailey Smith that might get it done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlike Bolton and Tigers there is no indication Melbourne plans on restarting. They were bizarrely up for paying the world for Houston. I think it would have to be close to untenable to actually trade him but if they did, you assume his ribs are cleared and then it's a top 10 and another first as a minimum

Unlike Bolton and Tigers there is no indication Melbourne plans on restarting. They were bizarrely up for paying the world for Houston. I think it would have to be close to untenable to actually trade him but if they did, you assume his ribs are cleared and then it's a top 10 and another first as a minimum
This mess with Petracca is probably the best thing that could happen to them. Might end up saving them from themselves.

I reckon 2 first rounders. With 1 in the top 10. That's reasonable. Especially if Port want 2 firsts for Dan bloody Houston.

2 top 10 for me and a player

Or one top 5 and a later first

Gold coasts haul 5,13,20 gets it done to.

He is our best player and contracted, dinky first and second isn’t gonna cut it.

And yes I rather blow up the list also.

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

2 top 10 for me and a player

Or one top 5 and a later first

Gold coasts haul 5,13,20 gets it done to.

He is our best player and contracted, dinky first and second isn’t gonna cut it.

And yes I rather blow up the list also.
You reach the point where a team can't justify it though. That's an amount no one is paying so it's a moot point

If any of Naughton, JUH or Darcy is involved in a trade for Petracca, it would be picks coming from melbourne not the other way around. The guy just had his spleen vaporized. He might not get back to what he was. There is risk there. The mental recovery is something it sounds like he's struggling with. A 29yo superstar with 0 games proven after an injury like that vs a 21yo-24yo gun KPF?

In trade currency terms, age/peak years left is a big factor. None of it will happen anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back