Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Pies fans so confident lmao, they have nothing at all to trade.

F1? their 2nd rounder tied to the Hawks? LOL nice jokes pies fans.
No one is confident that the Pies can or will get it done.

It’s only because it’s “rumoured” he wants to go to Collingwood.

Not sure what the jokes are about, I’m sure if that’s the case, both parties will sit down and work out what a trade looks like, and for Melbourne you would think that the biggest issue in a player not wanting to be there is whom can take on the large contract he signed with them.

Collingwood are one of the few clubs who can do this.

Cats landing both Oliver and Trac. Dees trying to get Oliver off the books, Trac wants to get to the Cats.

Trac ain't going to the same team as Oliver.

Petracca has been reported as saying that he is unhappy with the lack of professionalism in certain sections of the club but stresses this not directed at Goodwin.
So who is he lining up? Oliver? Maxy? Pert?
The property steward called him a campaigner because Trac torped 7 footys onto the road at the end of a training session

It’s him or the property steward

Cats landing both Oliver and Trac. Dees trying to get Oliver off the books, Trac wants to get to the Cats.
So getting Oliver, Trac AND B.Smith?

In what world do the Cats have enough trade capital to get all three of those players in?

You'd need to trade out Holmes and Miers for a start.

I think this whole 'life threatening' thing has been totally overblown. It was a very bad injury but I don't think his life was ever in question.

I'm starting to get some narcissistic vibes from Trac now. Like Christian, go through your rehab, use the club appointed sports psychologist that's available. He has access to better medical treatment than the average citizen and focus on your own game. Your goal kicking accuracy was the worst in the afl over a 3 year period. That's never improved. You were in a midfield group that got spanked by 100 points to Freo. You were a non-factor against one of the worst teams in the comp (wce) when we got smashed in the midfield again and lost badly. Just because you've had time to reflect, doesn't mean you should be taking down the whole club with you.

Happy to see him go for 2 firsts.

I think this whole 'life threatening' thing has been totally overblown. It was a very bad injury but I don't think his life was ever in question.

I'm starting to get some narcissistic vibes from Trac now. Like Christian, go through your rehab, use the club appointed sports psychologist that's available. He has access to better medical treatment than the average citizen and focus on your own game. Your goal kicking accuracy was the worst in the afl over a 3 year period. That's never improved. You were in a midfield group that got spanked by 100 points to Freo. You were a non-factor against one of the worst teams in the comp (wce) when we got smashed in the midfield again and lost badly. Just because you've had time to reflect, doesn't mean you should be taking down the whole club with you.

Mate people have died with less severe BSI’s

He would’ve died had he got hit in the same spot again, he suffered huge internal bleeding

This is the worst post of yours ever

He is still a Melbourne player as of now

Mate people have died with less severe BSI’s

He would’ve died had he got hit in the same spot again, he suffered huge internal bleeding

This is the worst post of yours ever

He is still a Melbourne player as of now
I'm not disputing that. You can't say 'would've'. He 'could have'. But not with the injuries he had so you're using a hypothetical, 'if he got hit in the exact spot again' I've spoken to many doctors about this and the injuries he sustained, coupled with having immediate access to the medical doctors and an ambulance it was highly remote that it would be life threatening. That's just what I've heard from medical professionals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reach the point where a team can't justify it though. That's an amount no one is paying so it's a moot point

That’s the buying clubs problem, Trac is contracted and club wants him to stay. Why would club discount it so other clubs can “justify it”, as it goes against the prime objective of keeping him.

Need to be able to justify our best player, multiple AA, Norm Smith medalist / future captain leaving in his prime if he does and a pick 8 and 18 doesn’t do that.

Would you have traded prime contracted Fyfe for a pick 8 and 18?

Clearly issues at Melbourne currently.

I'll ask this question.

Why would you want to keep a bloke who doesn't want to stay?

This is a leader of the club not a Harrison Petty, I'm not sure how this would help the culture it's only going to damage it long term.

Club is bigger then one player.

Petracca has been reported as saying that he is unhappy with the lack of professionalism in certain sections of the club but stresses this not directed at Goodwin.
the on-going Oliver situation would be playing a big part in this.
he wont leave, but dont blame him for wanting out

I'll ask this question.

This is a leader of the club not a Harrison Petty, I'm not sure how this would help the culture it's only going to damage it long term.

Back yourselves in to work through the issues he's having. I find it hard to believe this is an unresolvable situation. If nothing changes in a years time look at it again.

Joel Smith
Clayton Oliver
Lachie Hunter

All pretty cooked units. I'm sure there are other players that dabble or are loose (Stephen May)

At the end of the day, we all saw him on the sidelines before he was returned to the field.

Anyone with an iota of real life experience could see that when Trac's face was turning the colour of a zucchini he was experiencing serious internal damage of some description and he needed urgent medical assistance.

Everyone, except for those on the Dees bench.

If I was one of his relatives, I'd be pissed off too.

I get Dees supporters frustration at how this is playing out, but to suggest the frustration at his treatment is unjustified is preposterous.

He’s not leaving but I can’t even see what team would have a good enough package to get him. Maybe Melbourne would want one of our key forwards but don’t think that would be enough. For me he’s the Cripps Bont Daicos category as a top 4-5 player in the game. Should be 2 firsts and an all Aus player minimum if I was melbourne

Back yourselves in to work through the issues he's having. I find it hard to believe this is an unresolvable situation. If nothing changes in a years time look at it again.

Key names that have left.

Ablett - 2010
Cats win 2011 GF

Franklin - 2013
Hawks win 2014 GF

Beams - 2014
Pies make GF 2018

Dangerfield - 2015
Crows make GF 2017

Cameron 2020
GWS lose 2024 prelim by a 1

Players come and go, the culture is the most important thing in a footy club and you can't continue to improve culture with people who don't want to be apart of it.

I'll ask this question.

Has he told you he wants to leave?

Key names that have left.

Ablett - 2010
Cats win 2011 GF

Franklin - 2013
Hawks win 2014 GF

Beams - 2014
Pies make GF 2018

Dangerfield - 2015
Crows make GF 2017

Cameron 2020
GWS lose 2024 prelim by a 1

Players come and go, the culture is the most important thing in a footy club and you can't continue to improve culture with people who don't want to be apart of it.
Apart from I think Beams all of those guys were OOC. If they had been in contract their clubs would have held onto them.

On the flipside of that you've got Dustin Martin who nearly left Richmond and Ryan O'Keefe who nearly left Swans both went on to win Norm Smith medals.

If we're talking about culture, Petracca is a consummate professional. If his issues are with the direction of the club, go through the footy department and bring in some new talent. If it's an issue with players messing around off-field, I'd rather get rid of those guys than Petracca.

He was happy to commit himself to the club for the rest of his career only a couple of years ago. He's a premiership hero and our best player. It's incumbent on the club to sort this out.

So future 1st and Maynard (you can do what you want with him ;) )

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back