Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Melb media are vicious.

Trac has trauma and melb nearly killed him is the headline. As well as caused wife to suffer from trauma/ptsd

None of this flags/crowds/brand nonsense should be a headline. Vicious melb camp. You literally nearly killed an afl footballer.

WCE are the perfect club for trac.

1. We have world class facilities
2. We have the most money so we can hire an elite medical team
3. Takes him away from melb circus/fishbowl and aids him with trauma recovery. If he gets traded to rival melb club then circus continues
4. Big crowds (big selling point)
5. Beaches for his tiktok
6. I think him wanting flags is nonsense melb camp hit piece

Trac will use the nuclear option and come to wce for unders

The chance of petracca wanting to live in WA is zero.

We can afford to keep him otherwise yes it goes to the highest bidder.

I’m not concerned by the amount of bidders for Trac. Would be 17 teams lining up to get a bid in. As evident by the Collingwood blokes on this thread stretching everything they can to suggest reasonable offers.
Nah patracca will choose a club soon, and Melbourne and that club will discuss a trade. I very much doubt more that he goes for the packages I have seen you suggest

Nah patracca will choose a club soon, and Melbourne and that club will discuss a trade. I very much doubt more that he goes for the packages I have seen you suggest

Probably will, but at same time go for more than you have suggested.

Its just how Bigfooty works in these threads.

Its just how Bigfooty works in these threads.

"Yeah Trac, just jog it off and tell your missus to drink some concrete"
Most Melbourne fans the past 24 hours

If he goes to a rival vic club the cirus will follow him there. Do you reckon he wants that circus to follow. I can see him now being more open to go anywhere quiet without melb fishbowl

No i think hes exactly the type of player that wants melbourne (city not club).

Look let's be logical.

If it's no deal then he's going nuclear. You don't understand the bridge is burnt. Once you nearly kill the guy and cause wife trauma it's like point of no return.

Interesting trade though. To high for when he pulls nuclear option.

He can go nuclear if he wants. Won’t do his brand any favors.

End of the day clubs will still need to trade for him, after he puts himself publicly through that ordeal. And that’s if he actually wins going nuclear which no one ever has before.

Fairly certain interested parties will put forward offers before he goes nuclear anyway and club can work out if they are trash or not and go from there.

He probably shouldn't have signed a seven year contract then, stupid campaigner that he is.
Dee for life.

Eat shit BrAnD PeTRACcA you flog.
I'll come down and cheer for you at Casey!!!
Jesus christ.
No wonder he wants to get the hell out of there.

Great culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He probably shouldn't have signed a seven year contract then, stupid campaigner that he is.
Dee for life.
I doubt he anticipated medical negligence would come into it when he signed that big contract

I would argue he is in his prime now.

More players peak at 28-29 than they do 25-26
Most players don't make it in the AFL to 28 or 29. Some do peak at that age but most start going down hill at 30. He is about 16 months off being 30 and there is a chance that his current injury causes him to miss a big chunk of the season when he is 29. He is well past his peak imo.

Sorry, are you saying that you reckon it would take McKay + a top 5 pick + up to 1.7m a year for a 29 yo dude whose feeling litigious and cant get his heartrate above 100bpm atm?
Yep. Contracted and required player. Dees hold the upper hand. It will have to be a bloody big haul for Dees to trade. McKay for Trac us absolutely laughable.

Most players don't make it in the AFL to 28 or 29. Some do peak at that age but most start going down hill at 30. He is about 16 months off being 30 and there is a chance that his current injury causes him to miss a big chunk of the season when he is 29. He is well past his peak imo.
Well passed his peak? You're joking right?

I doubt he anticipated medical negligence would come into it when he signed that big contract
Say It Again Paul Rudd GIF by MOODMAN

Melb media are vicious.

Trac has trauma and melb nearly killed him is the headline. As well as caused wife to suffer from trauma/ptsd

None of this flags/crowds/brand nonsense should be a headline. Vicious melb camp. You literally nearly killed an afl footballer.

WCE are the perfect club for trac.

1. We have world class facilities
2. We have the most money so we can hire an elite medical team
3. Takes him away from melb circus/fishbowl and aids him with trauma recovery. If he gets traded to rival melb club then circus continues
4. Big crowds (big selling point)
5. Beaches for his tiktok
6. I think him wanting flags is nonsense melb camp hit piece

Trac will use the nuclear option and come to wce for unders
PM me where you get the good gear in Perth

Either way I simply don't see a way he gets to Collingwood. I mean a contracted Trac is worth a large haul which Collingwood simply do not have. Carlton won't have players willing to go nor will they want to give up any of their top 6 players. There could be a mega trade that will possibly unlock it, but the Dees hold the upper hand with a 5 year contract. To fight negligence will be a long and ugly path Trac won't want to take. If he truly just wants out, then Richmond and maybe Essendon hold some interesting pieces that could potentially satisfy. Gold Coast definitely do and I can see Hardwick getting in his ear at some point. I doubt he'll move away from Vic though but their high picks and talented list might come into play. I'm sure Dees are looking for a couple of top 10 picks(possibly one top 5) plus a player. And I think that's fair for a consistently top 10 player in the comp, some would argue top 3 that rarely(besides this one injury) gets injured and is in his prime.

From a Dees supporters POV, I'm confident the club will try and get a deal. But it will have to be a bloody good deal. I mean the McKay for Trac talk was rubbish. If it came with a top 5 pick then I'm sure the Dees would take it. But clubs haven't had the time to plan for this so it will rule out a lot of clubs unfortunately for Petracca. Money wise it's a hell of a lot to take on. I think 1.7mil at the pointy end. And clubs haven't planned for the picks to trade.
You can cope with all this Collingwood can’t get a deal done… Carlton have to pay more than a happily contracted key forward all you want.

At the end of the day the only club with a serious issue is Melbourne. Your no 1 player wants out for reasons no one fully knows yet. It could be best case scenario that petracca is just being selfish and gets told to pull his head in and all is well. It could also be that he has genuine reasons of mismanagement, knows things that are seriously damaging to your club and willing to use them.

It’s not as if clubs have approached him he is shopping himself around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back