Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Trac wants a flag. He won't go to North or some other team that is very early in their development period. It would be to a top 8 team or Gold Coast.
North will shoot up the ladder pretty quick IMO. This group of young guns have played a fair bit of footy together now.

Have I missed something? Has Trac spoken?

Or is it Tom just having a fantasy again, this time involving a player rather than a work colleague?
I think the fact that Melbournes CEO decided to put out a press release that he will be held to his contract shows clearly there is a lot of truth to it.

Petracca doesn't seem the sort to publicly bad mouth the club though. I expect he'll ask for a trade and either the club will demand the world from any possible suitor, or he'll still be in red and blue next year

North Melbourne truly in the box seat here.

• Early picks available for trade
  • Quality/promising young players likely available for trade (Powell, Phillips, Scott, etc)
  • Cap space
  • Young stable core under contract that Petracca can step into without having to carry an unduly share of the load
  • Proven Head Coach
  • Join a team that's near the bottom of the ladder so doesn't attract the 'bandwagoner' tag
  • Everyone looks good in the Royal Blue and White

Make it happen Euge.
lol at thinking Powell, Phillips and Scott would have any value in a Petracca trade. You're not going to be a contender in the time that Petracca is playing so he's not a good choice for North.

An explosive contested bull like Petracca is exactly the type that you wouldn't expect to have a high quality extended career. No idea what some of you guys are on about
Ablett Junior
McLeod
Danger
Aker
Ricciuto

Just 5 I can think of who were explosive and played a lot of footy

Boomer

I think explosiveness leads to higher probability that you’ll get soft tissues as the body is under more load, simple equation; but if you are conditioned really well and have the genes to support it there’s no reason that you couldn’t play 300+ as a bull

I reckon we’ll see more 350+ gamers over the next 10 years than we’ve ever seen

Petracca is exactly the kind of player North should be making a play for. Reckon they can start contending in around 3 seasons and he'll still be around then.

A player like him will demand the best from the group and won't be there to collect superannuation, like many of their previous older players traded in.

I’m loving the thought of him coming to North. But as much as I hate saying this, wouldn’t Hawthorn or Essendon be a better fit for him?

I’m loving the thought of him coming to North. But as much as I hate saying this, wouldn’t Hawthorn or Essendon be a better fit for him?

If North dont go straight past Essendon within the next couple years they have butchered things and Hawks aren't going to have the picks to get Barrass and Trac

I don't know why people reckon he is completely untouchable as a trade target

He was so poorly handled by his club after his injury, and has seen the same happen with Steven May weeks later

How can you play in good faith if you've got no confidence in your team? A fresh start might be what both parties need. He would attract plenty of currency (granted he is one of a kind as a player - up there with Bont, Cripps, Daicos) but Melbourne could easily net a slight downgrade in player value but get someone with more quality years left and some great draft picks.

Do Melbourne think they'll be contending next year, or in the next couple given Gawn is approaching the end? Steven May?

In terms of talent under 25 at the end of the year, here are their best players:
  • Petty (if he can be a backman again)
  • Pickett
  • Rivers
  • Bowey
  • JVR
  • Windsor
Is this a core that can lead you to another flag? Or would they be better suited taking a player who is a lesser light (but still a B+ or A grader) + some high end talent via the draft?

In saying that, I would be devastated if we lost Cripps or Curnow for example.

I just don't know that they can go to the promised land again next year, or the year after.. then, there's a steep drop off.

North Melbourne truly in the box seat here.

• Early picks available for trade
  • Quality/promising young players likely available for trade (Powell, Phillips, Scott, etc)
  • Cap space
  • Young stable core under contract that Petracca can step into without having to carry an unduly share of the load
  • Proven Head Coach
  • Join a team that's near the bottom of the ladder so doesn't attract the 'bandwagoner' tag
  • Everyone looks good in the Royal Blue and White

Make it happen Euge.

Chad,

we all know you laughed while you wrote this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If North dont go straight past Essendon within the next couple years they have butchered things and Hawks aren't going to have the picks to get Barrass and Trac

if finishing 5 straight years in the bottom two isn't butchering it, i dunno what it.

The chances of Petracca going to North are the same as Essendon winning a final anytime soon.

Sweet **** all.

Why would Petracca want to come to Essendon's shit show?

Hawks would be a good team for him though.

All the Demons statement means is "We expect 2 top 10 picks and a player".

Nothing more, nothing less.
don't blame them either.
yet, there still is how he will return after his injury?
Just like Dusty he was never the same returning after his bad injury.
time will tell, just can't see him leaving the Dee's

lol at thinking Powell, Phillips and Scott would have any value in a Petracca trade. You're not going to be a contender in the time that Petracca is playing so he's not a good choice for North.

Powell would absolutely walk into the dads army Melbourne midfield.

In fact, if going by this year, he'd be Melbourne's best midfielder if Petracca left.

He's not for sale, or if he is, the draft picks on offer are heavily reduced. What value would you put on Trent Rivers?

1723531123799.png

Powell would absolutely walk into the dads army Melbourne midfield.

In fact, if going by this year, he'd be Melbourne's best midfielder if Petracca left.

He's not for sale, or if he is, the draft picks on offer are heavily reduced. What value would you put on Trent Rivers?

View attachment 2078158
those are so deeply flawed those player ratings they don't even need addressing. Powell couldn't even solidify a midfield spot in a bottom 3 team.

I don't know why people reckon he is completely untouchable as a trade target

He was so poorly handled by his club after his injury, and has seen the same happen with Steven May weeks later

How can you play in good faith if you've got no confidence in your team? A fresh start might be what both parties need. He would attract plenty of currency (granted he is one of a kind as a player - up there with Bont, Cripps, Daicos) but Melbourne could easily net a slight downgrade in player value but get someone with more quality years left and some great draft picks.

Do Melbourne think they'll be contending next year, or in the next couple given Gawn is approaching the end? Steven May?

In terms of talent under 25 at the end of the year, here are their best players:
  • Petty (if he can be a backman again)
  • Pickett
  • Rivers
  • Bowey
  • JVR
  • Windsor
Is this a core that can lead you to another flag? Or would they be better suited taking a player who is a lesser light (but still a B+ or A grader) + some high end talent via the draft?

In saying that, I would be devastated if we lost Cripps or Curnow for example.

I just don't know that they can go to the promised land again next year, or the year after.. then, there's a steep drop off.
Stopped reading when you didn't have Judd McVee at the very best young player on our list outside of Pickett. Come on mate, this guy is an absolute jet. Far beyond these oversights.

How do Melbourne fans feel about Cam Mackenzie, Josh Ward and F1

Kickstarts your rebuild pretty nicely…
lol. not a chance. Josh Ward is a spud. Mackenzie is a Tom Sparrow clone. be realistic. You wouldn't get Petracca without coughing up multiple firsts (with an early top 5 pick) or a top 5 best 22 player and a future 1. I love how people think that accumulating junk equals treasure.

Josh Weddle and F1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back