Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

lol. not a chance. Josh Ward is a spud. Mackenzie is a Tom Sparrow clone. be realistic. You wouldn't get Petracca without coughing up multiple firsts (with an early top 5 pick) or a top 5 best 22 player and a future 1. I love how people think that accumulating junk equals treasure.

Josh Weddle and F1.
Freo would offer 3 1st rounders for Petracca if there's an actual possibility he would leave. We have a ton of salary space in our cap which is why we are linked to so many players. What offer would you accept? Its all hypothetical as I think he'll stay at Melbourne but if he was to leave what trades would you accept.

Freo would offer 3 1st rounders for Petracca if there's an actual possibility he would leave. We have a ton of salary space in our cap which is why we are linked to so many players. What offer would you accept? Its all hypothetical as I think he'll stay at Melbourne but if he was to leave what trades would you accept.
yeah, I'd personally accept even 2 rounders , provided one is early. or 3 if they're late. I'm so checked out of Melbourne ever since we showed interest in Dan Houston. So yeah, I'd like to hit the draft hard.

lol. not a chance. Josh Ward is a spud. Mackenzie is a Tom Sparrow clone. be realistic. You wouldn't get Petracca without coughing up multiple firsts (with an early top 5 pick) or a top 5 best 22 player and a future 1. I love how people think that accumulating junk equals treasure.

Josh Weddle and F1.

Both Mackenzie and Ward were top 7 picks are will become excellent players. In their 2nd and 3rd year mind you.

Them, plus a first, is already a huge gamble for a 29 year old, no matter how brilliant. Would set up your rebuild perfectly.

But I think hawks fans would be pretty happy to keep our guys around. Maybe check back in a few years to see how that “junk” is faring.

I’m not going purely off player ratings.

He’d rank top 2-3 at Melbourne in pretty much ever statistical category behind just Petracca or Viney.
Powell is fringe. And he'd be fringe at Melbourne. He doesn't break the lines. He's a smooth mover and finds space ok but North have moved him around all over the ground trying to find a spot for him.

Both Mackenzie and Ward were top 7 picks are will become excellent players. In their 2nd and 3rd year mind you.

Them, plus a first, is already a huge gamble for a 29 year old, no matter how brilliant. Would set up your rebuild perfectly.

But I think hawks fans would be pretty happy to keep our guys around. Maybe check back in a few years to see how that “junk” is faring.
I don't care what picks they were taken. Ward is slow and has poor foot skills and he couldn't break into your team, even when you were a bottom 6 team. I've seen more from Mackenzie.

Yeah we can check back in a few years, but you've seen guys like Weddle and Watson play well immediately, Mckenzie and Ward haven't. The dees wouldn't trade out a known superstar for 2 fringe players and a late first. Mackenzie and Ward wouldn't fetch a top 10 pick now. Ward would be worth a pick around 40 and Mackenzie about 30. Elijah Tsatas is in the same boat. If they don't show much straight away, their value drops quickly.

lol at thinking Powell, Phillips and Scott would have any value in a Petracca trade. You're not going to be a contender in the time that Petracca is playing so he's not a good choice for North.

Jokes on you danster, you take those three and play them every week and the Dees at a minimum will have top 4 picks at the next 5 drafts.

It's called draft strategy, I don't mind Powell but the other 2 are dime a dozen in the lower leagues.

Petracca is exactly the kind of player North should be making a play for. Reckon they can start contending in around 3 seasons and he'll still be around then.

A player like him will demand the best from the group and won't be there to collect superannuation, like many of their previous older players traded in.

Would be very interesting if Melbourne would bite should North actually make a serious offer for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the classic “will you take our fringe player for your top 5 player in the league Norm Smith Premiership player” being rolled out here.

Tom Powell
Will Phillips
Josh Ward

Keep ‘em coming.
Can I interest you in some Bailey Banfield? Would you like Wags back?

Banners + Wags + Port 1st for Trac :whitecheck:

Can I interest you in some Bailey Banfield? Would you like Wags back?

Banners + Wags + Port 1st for Trac :whitecheck:
How about Motlop for Collingwoods 2024 1st, how’s that tracking? I imagine it couldn’t be higher than 17 based on how Pies fans were yapping! Jack Carroll for a second rounder too.

Melbourne always wanted Cerra, so we can send that their way, along with our first rounder and the picks we got from Freo

Okay so, here we go
Carlton out:
Motlop
Carroll
Cerra
Pick 10 or whatever we have

Freo out:
Collingwood 2024 first (must be 17! Right?!)
2024 2nd

Melbourne out:
Petracca
Court case Petracca vs Melbourne

Carlton in:
THE ROLLS ROYCE

Fremantle in:
The best Motlop of all time
a hot fast mid

Melbourne in:
Petracca but slower and less good
Pick 10
Pick 17 (surely! Can’t be any higher!)
Pick whatever second round Freo have

We should be list managers

How about Motlop for Collingwoods 2024 1st, how’s that tracking? I imagine it couldn’t be higher than 17 based on how Pies fans were yapping! Jack Carroll for a second rounder too.

Melbourne always wanted Cerra, so we can send that their way, along with our first rounder and the picks we got from Freo

Okay so, here we go
Carlton out:
Motlop
Carroll
Cerra

Freo out:
2024 2nd

Melbourne out:
Petracca

Carlton in:
THE ROLLS ROYCE

Fremantle in:
a hot fast mid

Melbourne in:
Pick 10

Cerra will ping a hamstring on the drive there

Weddle. The kid on Sunday kicked three goals while playing down back …… think about that for a moment! And a first 😂
like that's the norm? That's half his goal tally for the season. Petracca is one of the best players in the league. accolades speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Okay so, here we go
Carlton out:
Motlop
Carroll
Cerra

Freo out:
2024 2nd

Melbourne out:
Petracca

Carlton in:
THE ROLLS ROYCE

Fremantle in:
a hot fast mid

Melbourne in:
Pick 10

Where's carroll going?

No. Its a bad injury but it's nothing that will have future complications.
Ablett Junior
McLeod
Danger
Aker
Ricciuto

Just 5 I can think of who were explosive and played a lot of footy

Boomer

I think explosiveness leads to higher probability that you’ll get soft tissues as the body is under more load, simple equation; but if you are conditioned really well and have the genes to support it there’s no reason that you couldn’t play 300+ as a bull

I reckon we’ll see more 350+ gamers over the next 10 years than we’ve ever seen
I would be concerned Petracca is more like Dustin Martin than Ablett in terms of longevity. Both had internal injuries which appears to shortened Dustys career, or perhaps it was more the family circumstances

Powell is fringe. And he'd be fringe at Melbourne. He doesn't break the lines. He's a smooth mover and finds space ok but North have moved him around all over the ground trying to find a spot for him.

Lol, he has attended 50% of North’s CBA’s this season.

Averages 21 disposals a game, over 4 clearances and has kicked significantly more goals than any mid at Melbourne this season apart from Petracca.

If that’s fringe, Rivers and McVee are VFL players.

Like I said, he wouldn’t be on the table anyway. Phillips would be the one added to a deal, not Powell.

Last edited:
Lol, he has attended 50% of North’s CBA’s this season.

If that’s fringe, Rivers and McVee are VFL players.

Rivers and Mcvee have won more matches in there sleep than Powell has.

Whats it saying about his ability if he is in 50% CBAs and you blokes have only won a dozen games over the past few years? Surely we should expect the same results if he came over.

Love the classic “will you take our fringe player for your top 5 player in the league Norm Smith Premiership player” being rolled out here.

Tom Powell
Will Phillips
Josh Ward

Keep ‘em coming.
We'll give you our 1st and Henry Hustwaite. Pay some of his contract and we'll throw in a future 2nd. Win/win/win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back