Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jokes on you danster, you take those three and play them every week and the Dees at a minimum will have top 4 picks at the next 5 drafts.

It's called draft strategy, I don't mind Powell but the other 2 are dime a dozen in the lower leagues.
how is the joke on me? I literally said that they are scrubs i.e. dime a dozen? except for Powell who is decent at best.

Supposedly met with the Blues recently according to some of our 'ITK' posters. Don't see how it would be possible via trade, nor why we would be keen (purely from a list make up standpoint, obviously a superstar at his best).

If we start getting linked to him via the media I'd be expecting some big moves from the Blues this off season, would need to clear some serious cap space to even get to the table.

If you wanted him you'd have to be willing to let H go, can't see any other way the deal gets done.

Bolded is a fantastic outcome though. We're no longer in contention, spending two first-rounders on a 28-year-old half-back flanker would have been negligent.

Does any part of you want to blow the whole thing up and just go hard for picks to regen quickly?

Well if u check out the latest rumour on our board that might be on the cards... I can't see it happening either way though, Demons would be insane to trade him imo.

Agree on all fronts.

Actually think Carlton could really improve their list if they moved McKay on, but not many clubs have the balls to do that these days.

Agree on all fronts.

Actually think Carlton could really improve their list if they moved McKay on, but not many clubs have the balls to do that these days.
Move McKay and Curnow goes down and we're absolutely cooked though.

Imo we just need to replace some of our slower role players with some nimbler types who can help on the spread. Adding another star like Trac would be great but cap wise I doubt its possible without destroying any sort of balance we have on the list.

The problem.is petracca only wants to go to Collingwood for instant success. Collingwood don't have the draft or players to do any deal.

He'd be more chance of winning a flag at freo or gc, who both have draft hands to get a deal done.

He could possibly go to essendon, but not sure he'd go there or north but neither is sure thing to play finals next year

The problem.is petracca only wants to go to Collingwood for instant success. Collingwood don't have the draft or players to do any deal.

He'd be more chance of winning a flag at freo or gc, who both have draft hands to get a deal done.

He could possibly go to essendon, but not sure he'd go there or north but neither is sure thing to play finals next year

Source?

Collingwood are probably furthest trade collateral wise in the league to be able to get it done so it’s a pretty moot point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood are probably furthest trade collateral wise in the league to be able to get it done so it’s a pretty moot point.
Exactly so I can't see petracca leaving, but I'd imagine clubs would be lining up to try at the moment to lure him. You'd imagine a club entering the premiership window he'd want to go to.

If freo back out of baker and bolton they could land him, and so could gc, they've also got the ability to say play under dimma, he'll coach you and play you like dusty 2017-2020 as well. I can't see him leaving Melbourne, so I can't see him getting traded. More likely Goodwin out the door and coaching shake up

Exactly so I can't see petracca leaving, but I'd imagine clubs would be lining up to try at the moment to lure him. You'd imagine a club entering the premiership window he'd want to go to.

If freo back out of baker and bolton they could land him, and so could gc, they've also got the ability to say play under dimma, he'll coach you and play you like dusty 2017-2020 as well. I can't see him leaving Melbourne, so I can't see him getting traded. More likely Goodwin out the door and coaching shake up

Unless they get special AFL permission to tap into there 2026 draft haul.

By all reports his issue isn't with Goodwin. I reckon we'll dump a bunch of assistants and replace Alan Richardson.

Trac in our team next year will put us right back into premiership contention.
Write us off at your peril, we'll bounce back next year, with or without the addition of Trac.

Rubbish, if he nominates us, the trade will get done, make no mistake.

Generally players would only nominate clubs which have capital to get the trade done. Which is not Collingwood.

Not even nearly close enough capital hence why we arnt even seeing scenarios thrown up in this thread.

I have the perfect trade

Christian Petracca for Cam Rayner, Deven Robertson + 2025 1st and 2nd round picks

If we can just somehow make Petracca and Rayner swap teams, the world will be a happier place

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back