Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

TLDR this thread for anyone just joining:

If he wants to come to [My Club] then he's a bloke pushing 30 who's banged up and injured and only has 1-2 good years left in him. Late teens pick at most.

If he wants to come to [Club I don't like], then he's an absolute jet who'll win the flag for them, and they need to give up 3 first rounders and a good player.

TLDR this thread for anyone just joining:

If he wants to come to [My Club] then he's a bloke pushing 30 who's banged up and injured and only has 1-2 good years left in him. Late teens pick at most.

If he wants to come to [Club I don't like], then he's an absolute jet who'll win the flag for them, and they need to give up 3 first rounders and a good player.
It's all in the book:

How to Bigfooty 101.

I think this whole 'life threatening' thing has been totally overblown. It was a very bad injury but I don't think his life was ever in question.

I'm starting to get some narcissistic vibes from Trac now. Like Christian, go through your rehab, use the club appointed sports psychologist that's available. He has access to better medical treatment than the average citizen and focus on your own game. Your goal kicking accuracy was the worst in the afl over a 3 year period. That's never improved. You were in a midfield group that got spanked by 100 points to Freo. You were a non-factor against one of the worst teams in the comp (wce) when we got smashed in the midfield again and lost badly. Just because you've had time to reflect, doesn't mean you should be taking down the whole club with you.

Happy to see him go for 2 firsts.
You’d be lucky to get two second rounders for the player you just described.

So the mail from Hutchy is that it’d be Carlton or Collingwood

We’d have to restructure deals and pull capital out of our ass + trade out of this years first round OR move big contracts and players to Melbourne to get it done

Collingwood would have a harder time getting capital but may have an easier time getting cap space

If we are into Houston I don’t see how we could get Trac done without completely throwing our plans out the window

I still think Essendon or the Dogs are more likely in practice, I do feel like he leaves

We’d have to restructure deals and pull capital out of our ass + trade out of this years first round OR move big contracts and players to Melbourne to get it done

Collingwood would have a harder time getting capital but may have an easier time getting cap space

If we are into Houston I don’t see how we could get Trac done without completely throwing our plans out the window

I still think Essendon or the Dogs are more likely in practice, I do feel like he leaves

Interesting, where did Hutchy say this and does he have form or is it all media heresay?

Can someone tell me how old Petracca is? Don’t think it’s been mentioned enough in this thread.
He’s older than Judd and Jezza and every other big trade so he’s worthless!!!! Banged up spleen! Lucky to get a 3rd rounder mate

Spare me

If he goes it’ll be considerable

Up there with the greats of the modern era

Interesting, where did Hutchy say this and does he have form or is it all media heresay?
“The jungle drums” or some other media bullshit

AKA he has mail but won’t speak to the veracity of it

Hence I think Dogs and Dons are more realistic, even though I’d love nothing more than to have him at Carlton

I don’t see any way we get Petracca without giving up McKay.

Whether we should or shouldn’t go down that path is one discussion, whether we will is another…and I can’t see us doing it.

Houston, different story. He’s a much easier deal to orchestrate.

Whether we should or shouldn’t go down that path is one discussion, whether we will is another…and I can’t see us doing it.

Why not Cerra?

I would be ok with losing McKay if it were something he was open to and we’d already discussed with him prior to the fact that we might look to trade him

Otherwise it has the ability to really mess with the playing group, throwing a star player up on the trade table because of a good opportunity

Would Melbourne want that though? Probably depends on Clarry and Viney and whether or not they stay, because why would they want a star KPF without a midfield to kick it to him? They need to retain 2 out of their best three mids otherwise they’d be better off looking for capital in this years draft which is by all means a super draft

Why not Cerra?
I’d be way happier giving up Cerra and I suspect Melbourne would prefer this if they were losing two of their best three mids, given Cerra is relatively young

I would be ok with losing McKay if it were something he was open to and we’d already discussed with him prior to the fact that we might look to trade him

Otherwise it has the ability to really mess with the playing group, throwing a star player up on the trade table because of a good opportunity

Would Melbourne want that though? Probably depends on Clarry and Viney and whether or not they stay, because why would they want a star KPF without a midfield to kick it to him? They need to retain 2 out of their best three mids otherwise they’d be better off looking for capital in this years draft which is by all means a super draft

I’d be way happier giving up Cerra and I suspect Melbourne would prefer this if they were losing two of their best three mids, given Cerra is relatively young

Personally I might be against the grain but would prefer Cerra over McKay. We have 4 young key forwards in JVR, Jefferson, Turner and Petty starting to gain some momentum (Kicked 10 between them against Suns last weekend). Our midfield would need bolstering more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I might be against the grain but would prefer Cerra over McKay. We have 4 young key forwards in JVR, Jefferson, Turner and Petty starting to gain some momentum (Kicked 10 between them against Suns last weekend). Our midfield would need bolstering more.
I would think that deal makes a lot of sense to Carlton too, I just do wonder what else would need to come ontop given Cerra has less value than Harry

Reckon we’d be trading out of this years first at a minimum too, but maybe that would be okay if we are getting two good kids in the Campo boys (well one AFL ready, one is more of a project)

Can someone tell me how old Petracca is? Don’t think it’s been mentioned enough in this thread.

27 according to you.

Wonder if a scenario that gets

Trac to carlton
Houston to Carlton
Cerra and picks to Dees
Pickett to Port
This would be membership in the microwave stuff for me Mich0

Hutch is a Carlton man

Wonder if a scenario that gets

Trac to carlton
Houston to Carlton
Cerra and picks to Dees
Pickett to Port

wtf kinda deal is that for Melbourne?

They lose Pickett + Trac for Cerra and "some picks"

What are those picks? 1 & 2 lol?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad