Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

So which club posted has raised your eyebrows?
Is it one that I included or one that I didn’t include?

It is not difficult to list these clubs, everyone could do it, regardless of whatever inside information they claim to have.

Strange that you are so reluctant to expand on the information you claim to have. I wonder why?

It’s true. But it does’t change the fact Petracca wants Collingwood. Unfortunately not everyone gets what they want in life.

I’m a bit bemused by the Cameron comparisons. Is pick 20 a first rounder?

I’d like to think they gave up 2 late first rounders and an early 2nd. Also had some sweeteners come back in the form of two second rounders.

If you total it all out it really only cost Geelong on an average around the pick 8-11 mark.
Might want to read up what a fact is.

Surely the injury and potential that he doesn't get back to his best brings his value down in the eyes of the clubs that want him. There has to be some risk rheee. Only thing is he is contracted so Melbourne will want overs for him.

I'd be betting there is a heap of noise but ultimately no deal gets struck this year.

A few years back though if you were going to put a value on him I'd be saying pick 1 or the equivalent would be just about it.

I know player swaps don't happen now, and I'm not sure if this has been written as a hypothetical yet but if was suggested and both players were open to it who says no for H McKay and say a 2nd round pick for him? Melbourne get a tall forward of note to go with van rooyen and Fritsch and carlton has another class mid along side Patty and Walsh

I'd agree with you if Melbourne were in Premiership contention. But they aren't, and they won't be for another 3 - 4 years, when Petracca is in his 30's. Hard player so injuries will start to limit his games played in the coming years.

So Melbourne can keep a player that doesn't want to be there, who will more than likely become injury prone and needs to be managed, eventually plonked in the forward line due to having limited movement.

Or... they can offload him, get rid of a huge contract, do a mini rebuild and be back in contention in a few years. Collingwood will still be able to put up a deal. There can be players, future picks, cash payments and under the table talks such as Collingwood giving you an early draft picks for an absolute dud of a player in a few years time. If a team really wants a player, a trade will get done.
:D:D:D

Wonder why his channel 7 interview got cancelled
He wasn’t in the rooms alongside the other players not playing, cheering on the 64 premiership team either, nor is he in the box with them.

Somethings a bit stinky.

Edit: never mind, he’s in the box.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn’t in the rooms alongside the other players not playing, cheering on the 64 premiership team either, nor is he in the box with them.

Somethings a bit stinky.

Edit: never mind, he’s in the box.

Busy prioritising posting commercials on social media.

Lol, he has attended 50% of North’s CBA’s this season.

Averages 21 disposals a game, over 4 clearances and has kicked significantly more goals than any mid at Melbourne this season apart from Petracca.

If that’s fringe, Rivers and McVee are VFL players.

Like I said, he wouldn’t be on the table anyway. Phillips would be the one added to a deal, not Powell.
lol. a mighty fine 8 possessions today. with 2 kicks.

North should throw the kitchen sink at Trac. Pick 2 included.

Too many kids but who is leading them?

Trac is a genuine star of the comp, a winner and a model professional off the field. They will get 3 years of prime midfield service out of him and he could probably spend another couple of years in the forward pocket as he slows down.

North should throw the kitchen sink at Trac. Pick 2 included.

Too many kids but who is leading them?

Trac is a genuine star of the comp, a winner and a model professional off the field. They will get 3 years of prime midfield service out of him and he could probably spend another couple of years in the forward pocket as he slows down.

Doubt he would want to go to North. They just got flogged by 130 points

Doubt he would want to go to North. They just got flogged by 130 points

Scrooge Mcduck Disney GIF

W A R C H E S T

Collingwood don't have the currency, but also, in terms of team fit, a midfield of Petracca, DeGoey and Naicos sounds amazing on paper, but in reality, it would all be far too much one way running.

Don't think Collingwood and Trac suit one another unless DeGoey gets traded, which won't happen.

Collingwood don't have the currency, but also, in terms of team fit, a midfield of Petracca, DeGoey and Naicos sounds amazing on paper, but in reality, it would all be far too much one way running.

Don't think Collingwood and Trac suit one another unless DeGoey gets traded, which won't happen.
To be fair all 3 of those players are multipositional, it's not like they are Tom Mitchell, Ollie Wines and Brad Crouch. Both DeGoey and Petracca would be resting forward to some extent.

Last edited:
Two be fair all 3 of those players are multipositional, it's not like they are Tom Mitchell, Ollie Wines and Brad Crouch. Both DeGoey and Petracca would be resting forward to some extent.

I would not want DeGoey and Trac in the fwd line at the same time. Everyone focuses on the damage they could cause, but they wouldn't chase. I'm not being critical, they are superstars of the game who want to be offensive and win it for their team.

They all have less defensive focus than a guy like Pendles or Selwood or Dunkley or even Tom Mitchell for us last year.

There’s certainly something to this Trac wanting out. A poster who has been correct before on another site says Trac went to his manger asking if a trade would be possible. He was told no chance. That got leaked and he we are. Not sure if that’s true but sounds possible. Reality is pies have no trade capital. If they didn’t trade this years first for Schultz they’d be in the discussion with 2 firsts as a starting point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back