Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be a decent fit for Carlton, Hawthorne or Geelong

He’d be crazy to go to Essendon or the Saints – leaving one club with a shocking culture for another club with a shocking culture makes no sense

WB have too much top end talent and not enough solid best 22 players already

Richmond won’t be contending and need picks not players

He totally should get the he’ll out of Melbourne though

Might be a decent fit for Carlton, Hawthorne or Geelong

He’d be crazy to go to Essendon or the Saints – leaving one club with a shocking culture for another club with a shocking culture makes no sense

WB have too much top end talent and not enough solid best 22 players already

Richmond won’t be contending and need picks not players

He totally should get the he’ll out of Melbourne though
He'd be a great fit for Geelong but no idea how it'd happen.

Maybe we agree to take him and Oliver's contract?

I’d trade the next 5 first round picks if it means that we win the next 2 flags
Can’t stand the blues

But objectively speaking Tracca would be awesome pick up for them if they could get him for picks rather than giving up a current established player

Petracca could easily be the extra element that puts the blues from contenting to actually winning a flag

The problem is if they trade out McKay they have no second fwd option. Yes petracca can go fwd

Petracca's score output (goals + assists) is on par with McKays (goals + assists). Or in other words, they both contribute the same result on the scoreboard.

Key Forwards are overrated IMO. There is a reason Norm Smiths are generally won by line breaking goal kicking mids (including Trac, and Dusty x 3, Judd etc) and not by KPF's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norm_Smith_Medal

Have a look over the list and see what most of them have in common.

Well this trade period was getting real boring until now.

I still, cannot for the life of me, see a trade that Dees agree to.
If he's really committed to it, there is a clear path for Petracca to get out of Melbourne.

The fact that it was Collingwood players who had to tell him to stop playing is very damning.

With his injury you can diagnose it just by listening to him breath, don't even need a stethoscope. They should have used one anyway and other assessments but they didn't give a shit about him, they just wanted to give a Panadol and send him back out.

This isn't exclusive to Melbourne, I've seen plenty of incidents throughout the year where players should stop playing but get sent out. Need an unlimited bench to fix it.

He'd be a great fit for Geelong but no idea how it'd happen.

Maybe we agree to take him and Oliver's contract?
You really wouldn’t want to be saddled with Oliver’s contract I don’t think

Probably the only way you get him is if Petracca really, really wants out and Melbourne decide holding him against his will is a bad idea

Holding a player against their will is a bad idea

But I doubt Melbourne will see it that way given Oliver has gone off the rails – they’ll be desperate to keep Petracca even if it is against his will

If he's really committed to it, there is a clear path for Petracca to get out of Melbourne.

The fact that it was Collingwood players who had to tell him to stop playing is very damning.

With his injury you can diagnose it just by listening to him breath, don't even need a stethoscope. They should have used one anyway and other assessments but they didn't give a shit about him, they just wanted to give a Panadol and send him back out.

This isn't exclusive to Melbourne, I've seen plenty of incidents throughout the year where players should stop playing but get sent out. Need an unlimited bench to fix it.

To be fair, if I was playing against him I would tell him to stop even if he was perfectly healthy

Also, I feel like the bench rotation limits they added have really done nothing to slow the game down and prevent injury as promised. What is the actual point of them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this

Pretty unbelievable he was allowed back on the ground

I know they’ve won a flag but I think there is something deeply sus about Goodwin and the culture he’s fostered at that club

Carlton would be stupid to trade McKay for Petracca, especially with the significant doubts on whether he'll ever return to his pre-injury levels. What makes Carlton a good side is having two good KPFs in McKay and Curnow.

They're far better off addressing their ball use and speed.

Errrm... Petracca?

With Dusty gone, surely Petracca is currently at least in the conversation for the most damaging HF/Mid in the game?

You really wouldn’t want to be saddled with Oliver’s contract I don’t think

Probably the only way you get him is if Petracca really, really wants out and Melbourne decide holding him against his will is a bad idea

Holding a player against their will is a bad idea

But I doubt Melbourne will see it that way given Oliver has gone off the rails – they’ll be desperate to keep Petracca even if it is against his will
Yeah I'm just saying it's about the only thing you could offer Melbourne of equivalent value to getting Petracca. Bit tongue in cheek.

You'd want to be real sure that you're not in a situation where a player is bigger than the club. Might already be there

Trac is overrated

Hopefully someone is stupid enough to sell the farm and pay him a fortune.
Hmmm

Genuine top end power goal kicking midfielder

Now Dusty is gone Petracca probably the best in the league

Now imagine Petracca at a club that doesn’t have a completely shower culture

He's broken goods - not interested.

Will Hayward was a good fit and worthy of our first pick.

29 in January and a top pick for two years service if we are lucky is not something the club should entertain our injury list is already massive - no more cripples required.
Literally tore your whole team apart with 5 goals. Stop talking such dribble. He'd be your best player straight away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back