Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Zak Jones (Chris Judd) for Trac and Stake Knives seems fair!

Please explain how Collingwood are further away from a premiership than Carlton. The two sides both finished on 52 points. Carlton’s salary cap is borderline maxed out and acquiring Petracca will cost them a top line player, whereas Collingwood have wiggle room now and in the coming years to set up another premiership-calibre team. The Magpies have a significantly better coach who already has won a premiership, and have a side full of blokes who have already tasted success.
Half your best 22 is over 32 years old. Youve been extremely lucky to have as few injuries as youve had. 0 kids coming through, very little genuine best 22 depth as we have seen this year(particularly in the midfield).

If I was Petracca Collingwood, Richmond, and probably the Saints are the last clubs id want to go to in Victoria

With Kemp up forward now, do you think that would make it more palatable ?
Moreso thinking:
Moir (189cm), Charlie (194cm), Motlop
Elijah Hollands, JSOS (194cm), Fogarty

Or something, Kemp is also a very likely 3rd tall and TDK could rest forward with Jack playing relief minutes in the ruck.

Think Moir is a special talent, but is extremely young and know that Charlie can absolutely go one out.

I love Trac as a player and his personality. It seemed this injury has impacted him a lot. IS there a risk clubs are potentially getting away a lot for a player who won't reach those heights again?

I love Trac as a player and his personality. It seemed this injury has impacted him a lot. IS there a risk clubs are potentially getting away a lot for a player who won't reach those heights again?

Probably is, but doesn’t change asking price for a contracted 4xAA Norm Smith Medalist who can rip a game open on his own boot and is our best player.

Demons own Dunkley. Even has a product they want to push except it's cookbooks not a podcast. Demon's are better off trading him. There's no satisfying him and his value is going to drop after next season.

Half your best 22 is over 32 years old. Youve been extremely lucky to have as few injuries as youve had. 0 kids coming through, very little genuine best 22 depth as we have seen this year(particularly in the midfield).

If I was Petracca Collingwood, Richmond, and probably the Saints are the last clubs id want to go to in Victoria
Half the list? Not sure 4 players is half. 6 come finals next year.

We very obviously have had to deal with injuries this year. You’re either ill-informed or trolling.

We are clearly more appealing than Carlton for a short-term flag tilt.

Just have a read into BSI’s, he’ll be fine

Mentally? Might be difficult for him, but physically there’ll be no lasting detriment beyond a lower fitness base going into preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One way it could play out is

Carlton Trade McKay to 3rd club (Say Essendon) for 2024 First and 2025 First

Carlton then have 4 first rounders, some second rounders and even a player like Cerra in the arsenal to come up with a deal that works for both sides.

Fair few clubs can do it

Essendon - 2 firsts and a player / or 2nd

Carlton - 2 firsts and a player

Richmond - combo of Firsts

Bulldogs- 2 firsts and a player (post smith trade)

North - pick 2 and player

St kilda / 2 firsts and/or Max king.

Not advocating any of these trades just highlighting the collateral all these clubs actually have.

Freo, Adelaide and GC easily have the collateral to. Brisbane can throw in Rayner and some picks.

Almost all clubs bar Collingwood could probably make it happen one way or another. (If they trade Bobby Hill to Freo for a pick instead of Bolton even they may be able to package up pick 10, F1 and Quaynor or so).
What is Petracca now prime Leigh Matthews ?

close enough

As I said, very fortunate especially with the older guys.

Id take my chances with a much younger and more star-studded Carlton list.
Might be a younger list, but is it better? It’s also a peaking list, as their under 23’s is comparably bad to that of Collingwood’s. Recent history doesn’t suggest they’re a better club to go to. Collingwood also much better run and lead from the top.

Very fortunate injury run with older blokes? Combined 16 games between Mihocek and McStay our key pillars, Mitchell 6 games, Elliott missed a big chunk. Do tell me more about how Collingwood’s renown injury issues this year are merely a fabrication.

Well your not.

Might be a younger list, but is it better? It’s also a peaking list, as their under 23’s is comparably bad to that of Collingwood’s. Recent history doesn’t suggest they’re a better club to go to. Collingwood also much better run and lead from the top.

Very fortunate injury run with older blokes? Combined 16 games between Mihocek and McStay our key pillars, Mitchell 6 games, Elliott missed a big chunk. Do tell me more about how Collingwood’s renown injury issues this year are merely a fabrication.
Mate im not going into a huge debate with you.
Collingwood dont have replacements for their soon to retire players, their window is probably over.
Carlton have nobody retiring so their window still has a fair way to go. Theyd suit Petracca as hed be straight in as one of the oldest along side Cripps.

Not responding more to this

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back