Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

You one of those types who thinks you'll get a first round pick for Noble? That's deluded.

Collingwood couldn't make top 8 this year, have the oldest list in the AFL and no first round pick to trade. Not an attractive destination, and can't get a deal done anyway.

It's over, time for you to let go.

Club doctors still have a duty of care to their players.

Do you reckon many concussed players want to get subbed out?

This is easy to say but how do you actually determine if they can go back or not without hospital equipment like MRIs at the field?

Players start trying to break contract for this will result with any bloke having any sort of nick being taken out of the game. Would be a cluster **** moving forward.

Do you want to see any player who cops any type of bump taken out of the game as that’s what will happen if people start trying to sue medicos instead of taking responsibility for the risk associated with playing the game. Happy to take the big pay packets but don’t want to wear any sort of risk. Classic Australia 101.

Dumbest idea to date and there have been some doozies.

This is easy to say but how do you actually determine if they can go back or not without hospital equipment like MRIs at the field?

Players start trying to break contract for this will result with any bloke having any sort of nick being taken out of the game. Would be a cluster **** moving forward.

Do you want to see any player who cops any type of bump taken out of the game as that’s what will happen if people start trying to sue medicos instead of taking responsibility for the risk associated with the game and there big pay packets.

Dumbest idea to date and there have been some doozies.
Club should err on the side of caution and send them for scans if there is ANY doubt on their ability to go back out there, especially if they look like Petracca did when he was on the field.

Its not a doctors job to win games of footy, its their job to keep the players healthy. If the team loses because their best player has to come off then so be it

I mean I'm no doctor but I feel like 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung can be identified reasonably easily by a competent medical professional.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

if he wants to increase his "brand petracca" he should go to the pies. If he wants to win flags he should come to Carlton. It will be interesting to see what he values more.

No I just couldn’t help myself.

But Petracca and family were/are diehard Pies fans. So I don’t know , you tell me where he wants to go, when he wants to play in front of big crowds in Melbourne.

Hmmmm… let me think!

So you’re guessing.

if he wants to increase his "brand petracca" he should go to the pies. If he wants to win flags he should come to Carlton. It will be interesting to see what he values more.

Interesting that there is media speculation about him when he hasn't even nominated a club. It's almost as if the major reports are just that.... speculation.

Put youselves in Petracca's shoes, Melbourne's doctors gambled with his life by sending him back out there it's broken trust.
If I was in his position & that happened to me, I would be doing the exact same thing.

Not only that I hear his teammates has angst about him going on a holiday when he's season is over anyway, all this adds up why would they have angst??
the culture is not good there you don't have to be a genius to figure that out. with all the rumors that have happened with Goodwin, Oliver & Joel Smith.

Petracca himself would have been watching closely with how the club handled previous situations + their downfall since winning the flag he probably sees the writing on the wall, this is not about the Melbourne fans who have not done anything wrong, this fully on the club.

You one of those types who thinks you'll get a first round pick for Noble? That's deluded.

Collingwood couldn't make top 8 this year, have the oldest list in the AFL and no first round pick to trade. Not an attractive destination, and can't get a deal done anyway.

It's over, time for you to let go.
Nope. Who has said that?

You’ll have an egg on face when Petracca nominates Collingwood as his preferred club. Surely he’s wrong and you’re right though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put youselves in Petracca's shoes, Melbourne's doctors gambled with his life by sending him back out there it's broken trust.
If I was in his position & that happened to I would be doing the exact same thing.

Not only that I hear his teammates has angst about him going on a holiday when he's season is over anyway, all this adds up why would they have angst??
the culture is not good there you don't have to be a genius to figure that out. with all the rumors that have happened with Goodwin, Oliver & Joel Smith.

Petracca himself would have been watching closely with how the club handled previous situations + their downfall since winning the flag he probably sees the writing on the wall, this not about the Melbourne fans who have not done anythnig wrong this fully on the club.

I don't know. Reports state that he has told different people different things about why he wants to leave.

If this is a "Brand Petracca" thing, I don't want him. Best to look elsewhere.

Nope. Who has said that?

You’ll have an egg on face when Petracca nominates Collingwood as his preferred club. Surely he’s wrong and you’re right though
The only way I can see it happening is if the AFL allow 2 years worth of 1st's to be traded. Pies then have more currency and with another club involved, Melbourne might end up satisfied. Pies might have to give up a young player too that isn't going to impact a flag tilt. I also wonder about their cap considering how bad it was a few years ago.

SUNS: Give Pick 6, 13 & 20

MELB: Give Petracca & 45

Who beats that deal?
I am gonna say Petracca does not want to go to the Suns beats that deal.

Wrong.

Geelong have good youth. The Pies have better prime-age players. They can contend again and certainly if they get a Petracca.
I don’t see why this is even slightly controversial. The Pies system relies on hard work and flashes of brilliance- Pendles and Sidebum slowing down are the biggest obstacles for them winning the flag again, adding Petraca and another fringe piece or two and they are right back amongst it.

The only way I can see it happening is if the AFL allow 2 years worth of 1st's to be traded. Pies then have more currency and with another club involved, Melbourne might end up satisfied. Pies might have to give up a young player too that isn't going to impact a flag tilt. I also wonder about their cap considering how bad it was a few years ago.

Petracca nominating a club has nothing to do with him being traded to that club. E.g. He could nominate Collingwood and still hold him to his contract. Just like they could hold him to his contract for any team that he nominates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back