Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

How the **** does a doctor know he is in pain if he is saying he is fine and putting on a brave face?

Look at the vision! He was literally doubled over for several minutes, screaming in agony, and needed assistance to get off the ground.

They only finally pulled him when it became obvious he couldn't actually contribute out on the field and sent him away for scans.

Or in other words, they prioritized winning over welfare.

Look at the vision! He was literally doubled over for several minutes, screaming in agony, and needed assistance to get off the ground.

They only finally pulled him when it became obvious he couldn't actually contribute out on the field and sent him away for scans.

Or in other words, they prioritized winning over welfare.

As I said, go complain to the AFL opposed to repeating yourself here.

It was all signed off.

Blokes with a cramp struggle to walk/jog up and down the boundary. Let’s just sub off every bloke with a cramp then.
Defending your club for prioritizing winning over player welfare is a really weird hill to die on

This is not happening, it never has and likely never will.

It's happening right now!

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...-brad-sheppard-sues-west-coast-afl-concussion

https://www.andrewwilliamslawyer.com.au/afl-class-action-explained.html

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/former-footballer-liam-picken-sues-afl-club-and-doctors-213890

Why do you think the AFL have cracked down on 'high contact' and implemented all those concussion protocols?

It's to protect themselves from more of the above.

It's happening right now!

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...-brad-sheppard-sues-west-coast-afl-concussion

https://www.andrewwilliamslawyer.com.au/afl-class-action-explained.html

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/former-footballer-liam-picken-sues-afl-club-and-doctors-213890

Why do you think the AFL have cracked down on 'high contact' and implemented all those concussion protocols?

It's to protect themselves from more of the above.

This is completely different. None of these are current players to start with so they arnt even in contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McRae told SEN, they won't pursue Petracca they don't have salary cap space or the draft capital.

That is not Collingwood putting a line through the player.

It's the coach being respectful to the situation and suggesting that as things stand, they don't have the draft capital to satisfy Melbourne in a trade. Which is of course correct.

But we're in August and a lot can change between now and mid October when the trade period closes. Pretty sure if the Pies end up with say 4 x 1st round picks (they won't, but speaking hypothetically), McRae's attitude might change.

Yeah, because suing your club for negligence tends to ruin relationships between you and the club.

Medical negligence is a red-hot issue in the AFL right now, and for a good reason.

So again, where’s source Trac is doing this? Not looking for random links of ex players.

And if he isn’t doing it then why do you keep going on about it? When players in contract have never done it and likely never will unless they want to say goodbye to there career.

Petraaca is damaged goods

Psychologically broken and physically busted and nearly 30

His one and only concern now is "Brand Petracca" hence his request for a move to Carlton to corner the Mediterranean market around Lygon St.

Unfortunately for him opposition clubs are seeing through his selfish shtick as has his team mates at the Dees.

Currently a nowhere man worth about a 3rd rounder to a smaller club .... or he sees it out at Melbourne

That is not Collingwood putting a line through the player.

It's the coach being respectful to the situation and suggesting that as things stand, they don't have the draft capital to satisfy Melbourne in a trade. Which is of course correct.

But we're in August and a lot can change between now and mid October when the trade period closes. Pretty sure if the Pies end up with say 4 x 1st round picks (they won't, but speaking hypothetically), McRae's attitude might change.
IMG_1326.jpeg

Move aside Fly, I’ve got this!

So again, where’s source Trac is doing this?

Out of curiosity, if you presented to your current employer in the state Petracca was in, (and with the same injuries), screaming in agony (imagine the pain he was in) and they sent you back out to work (in a job where you get hit by large blokes repeatedly and thrown to the ground) would you be a little concerned with the employee risk management 'procedures' of your employer?

Do you think you might be a little aggrieved?

Yes, I know he probably put on a tough face, but every player in his situation would have done the same. Its a medicos call, not the players.

As a Lawyer, I can tell you right now, your employer has a case to answer for the above. They made a call, and it was the wrong one.

Petraaca is damaged goods

Psychologically broken and physically busted and nearly 30

His one and only concern now is "Brand Petracca" hence his request for a move to Carlton to corner the Mediterranean market around Lygon St.

Unfortunately for him opposition clubs are seeing through his selfish shtick as has his team mates at the Dees.

Currently a nowhere man worth about a 3rd rounder to a smaller club .... or he sees it out at Melbourne
Are you suggesting a smaller club like maybe the saints would be a good fit for him? For that 3rd round pick you value him at? :tonguewink:

I would feel a little more for Petracca if he wasnt seemingly keen to only go to the two biggest clubs in the AFL. He signed the contract, you can ask/force your way out but if he's genuinely trying to go to Collingwood and/or Carlton you lose a bit of credibility.
had coffee with lachie neale and wants to come to brisbane to be 'off broadway'.

That doesnt hold as much water as from the sounds of it Noble is the one pushing to leave.
You never know how the trade request started. The first you generally hear of it is player X is requesting a trade. That is what has happened. GC could have approached him or his manager could have been looking into a trade for him. Either way he has a contract.

Im sure GC would be happy to get him but theyre not chasing him like they might some other players, the contract status is kind of irrelevant in terms of picks traded.

Just speculation on your behalf. Who knows what the story is.
I dont think thats quite ballpark there lol.
Nobody is going to value your F1 at a top 5 pick, or even a top 10 pick especially if you add Petracca to the list.
You suggested pick 13ish?, 26, 35, 37, and a couple of fringe players worth next to nothing.
Roughly the value of 13 and maybe pick 18 all up
Personally I think Petracca at 29 early next year coming of a major injury is worth about pick 6 and thats about it because I think he is probably only got another 60-100 games in him that have a good chance of being well below his best. But I can see the Melbourne point of view with him being an incontract multi-AA star and their best player so give us 3 1sts.
What Melbourne will demand is the reason why I would stay well away. Imo McKay being a KPF = Petracca coming off his injury.
Unless Melbourne are willing to come to the table with lower expectations no club will trade for him. But maybe that's what they want.

There are plenty of players I would prefer over Petracca. Because they are talented, younger and less of an injury concern.
LDU, McKay, McClugage, J Daicos, Day, Butters to just name a few.

You never know how the trade request started. The first you generally hear of it is player X is requesting a trade. That is what has happened. GC could have approached him or his manager could have been looking into a trade for him. Either way he has a contract.

Just speculation on your behalf. Who knows what the story is.

Personally I think Petracca at 29 early next year coming of a major injury is worth about pick 6 and thats about it because I think he is probably only got another 60-100 games in him that have a good chance of being well below his best. But I can see the Melbourne point of view with him being an incontract multi-AA star and their best player so give us 3 1sts.
What Melbourne will demand is the reason why I would stay well away. Imo McKay being a KPF = Petracca coming off his injury.
Unless Melbourne are willing to come to the table with lower expectations no club will trade for him. But maybe that's what they want.

There are plenty of players I would prefer over Petracca. Because they are talented, younger and less of an injury concern.
LDU, McKay, McClugage, J Daicos, Day, Butters to just name a few.
Fair enough, your valuation is probably on the lower end but the reasoning is fair and if trac desperately wants the Pies it might be get talks started.
Id imagine the Dees tell you to go trade up those crap picks to something usable at the very least and then come back, not like they have academy kids to match

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back