Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

From Barrett's article:

"Of the remaining five years of Petracca's contract with Melbourne, his annual wage will peak at $1.7 million a year, and not fall below $1.2 million a year. He has deserved that deal, for his career has taken in four All-Australians, two best-and-fairests, a Norm Smith medal and a premiership."

Holy Jesus....

From Barrett's article:

"Of the remaining five years of Petracca's contract with Melbourne, his annual wage will peak at $1.7 million a year, and not fall below $1.2 million a year. He has deserved that deal, for his career has taken in four All-Australians, two best-and-fairests, a Norm Smith medal and a premiership."

Holy Jesus....
Thatd be some salary dump

From Barrett's article:

Holy Jesus....

Sounds like a Grundy deal.

Hopefully we’re not stupid enough to take that on. Way too much money.

What a beat up is this Brand Petracca thing is lmao. Yeah I'm sure it's one of the things he is considering after he decided to leave.

Obviously something has changed in his thinking after the injury, and that's completely reasonable after what he went through.

We are really starting to see people's true colours.

What a beat up is this Brand Petracca thing is lmao. Yeah I'm sure it's one of the things he is considering after he decided to leave.

Obviously something has changed in his thinking after the injury, and that's completely reasonable after what he went through.

You keep saying it is the injury that led to his decision to leave without proof of that. In fact most sources suggest other reasons.

Some Melbourne supporters were saying yesterday that it was due to Oliver and how the club went light on him. Unless you are in the inner circle, you don’t know what is going on.

You keep saying it is the injury that led to his decision to leave without proof of that. In fact most sources suggest other reasons.

Some Melbourne supporters were saying yesterday that it was due to Oliver and how the club went light on him. Unless you are in the inner circle, you don’t know what is going on.
I'm sure it's a complicated situation with lots of reasons. Such is life. The injury absolutely was the catalyst surprise anyone would dispute it.

So next time someone hurts there finger should doctors err on the side of caution? Who defines where that line in the sand is? Is it documented anywhere? If not then how have the doctors breached anything?

What happens next time someone hurts an ankle? Or gets a cork? Are they also ruled out by medicos erring on side of caution?

Player says they are fine to continue and no evidence to suggest otherwise, but yeah let’s keep them off the field.

Will need benches of 10 going down that path and that’s if any medicos actually want to still work in the sport and run the risk of litigation.

Delusional you sound like your coach.

P Wright and Stringer to Dees
Hawks future 1st to Dons
M Lewis, Ward and 2nd rounder to Dees
Petracca to Hawks
Gives Dees a pretty decent forward line for next year and then a fit Lewis to roll in with Wright plus gives them a good midfielder with nice foot skills.
The thing with posts like these is.....you're 95% sure they're taking the piss, but Bigfooty Trade threads being what they are, there's always a 5% part of you thinking "Holy shit, maybe they're actually serious"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure it's a complicated situation with lots of reasons. Such is life. The injury absolutely was the catalyst surprise anyone would dispute it.

It could very well be but I am not going to believe that until it comes out of Petracca’s mouth publicly.

One source stated he gave different reasons to the playing group, and the leadership group. No one knows what he is thinking and I am not going to pretend to read his mind lol.

It could very well be but I am not going to believe that until it comes out of Petracca’s mouth publicly.

One source stated he gave different reasons to the playing group, and the leadership group. No one know what he is thinking and I am no going to pretend to read his mind lol.
There is no reason to not believe it either

Journalists are talking about it.. they are the ones who started it.. so naturally it’s going to filter down to the public, is it not?

He wouldn't have to. It's possible to live in Melbourne and work in Geelong.

Look it is but in the past its been a reason why players dont choose us. For eg grundy didnt want to move out of a big city, goldstein considered it but the situation with his kids nixed it. I dont see petracca picking geelong due to location.

I mean they’ll probably talk about it on Midweek Tackle in 10 mins, but what’s this about

Christian Petracca has the option of forcing a trade from Melbourne through the AFL’s grievance tribunal as his teammates increasingly ponder life without their star match winner.

Petracca’s prolonged campaign to exit Melbourne continues, with 45 days until the end of the trade period and no end in sight as his resolve hardens to play elsewhere.

The Herald Sun can reveal there is a process through the AFL’s collective bargaining agreement where he could ask the AFL to step in to broker a trade through mediation if all attempts to convince the Demons he wants a new start fail.

He revealed his partner Bella was told by a doctor at 3am that morning that the brilliant Demons matchwinner might not pull through.

Melbourne believes it did nothing wrong in putting him back on the field despite four broken ribs and a lacerated spleen - and conducted a review into its own conduct - but Petracca remains aggrieved by their treatment.

The grievance tribunal is the nuclear option and has never been used before but is detailed in the AFL’s collective bargaining agreement.

The AFLPA is aware of the grievance tribunal, with some player agents in the league believing Petracca would have a case given the list of issues he has with the Demons.

We don’t need cap space, that’s what it’s for, spending on our best players which what this is. I don’t see the issue.
Everyone needs capspace. It can do an increasing number of the things for list management and spending all that money on someone who seems like he's about to go nuclear on the place is silly. Make a huff and a puff about not trading him but keeping him in the end would just be ridiculous, how is it good for the club and players at the club?

Last edited:
Everyone needs capspace. It can do an increasing number of the things for list management and spending all that money on someone who seems like he's about to go nuclear on the place is silly. Make a huff and a puff about not trading him but keeping him in the end would just be ridiculous, how is good for the club and players at the club?

Cap space is for your best players, which is what Trac is…don’t get people’s obsession with clearing up cap space when it comes to your best players. Thats what cap is for.

Cap space is for your best players, which is what Trac is…don’t get people’s obsession with clearing up cap space when it comes to your best players. Thats what cap is for.

Thats like me saying that Collingwood should trade N Daicos because he costs a lot of cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back