Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Think that despite what is being thrown around, his age, injury, horrendous contract (1.3-1.7M to 35?) significantly devalues him. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him eventually move for a single first round pick to whatever club can squeeze in his enormous contract.

Melbourne have now burnt all bridges and can’t believably threaten to retain him.

lol there’s nothing wrong with the contract. Paying your best players the best coin is pretty standard. What’s your alternative? Pay our shit players more cap instead? lol

Newsflash, best player gets paid well

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

Wouldn't even do Trac for TDK straight swap

After finals other scenarios and permutations will likely surface as exit meetings across all clubs occur.

You will have to clear cap space one way or another to fit him in though otherwise Dees can pickup some cap space but will cost you more collateral.

If I'm gold coast I'm giving up lukoscious, 8, 10 and 20. Dimma just coaches him like dusty.

Freo I'm giving up the 3 first rounders and not worrying about Bolton or baker

North I'm giving 2, 23 and phillips

Saints I'm giving king and a first
We are clearing out players and cap space, can’t see it happening but Dimma is 100% up to something

How the **** does a doctor know he is in pain if he is saying he is fine and putting on a brave face? He isn’t a mind reader.

Anyway as I said it’s moot, process was followed. Not sure why we are even still discussing this. Go complain to the AFL if you have issues with the process.
Its insanely easy to find out if someones got a ruptured spleen. You push on it and then guy internally combusts mostly.

Zero doubt they never checked for internal bleeding in that sense. They likely just checked ribs/lungs and sent him back out

The harsh reality = trac is 29 and might not ever really be the same player he was.
I think it's too far gone now - he has to leave, we can't be extremely greedy, personally I would almost take a straight swap for King at ST Kilda with maybe a mid-late 1st (think they have pick 21) and obviously straightens us up immediately. Whether trac wants to go to St Kilda and St Kilda are willing to come to the party is obviously another can of worms completely.

If Petracca has to leave Melbourne some of those suggested trades here better be scaled down.

There are risks. Can he return to his best after physical and mental trauma? The salary amount and length. Age (29).

E.g., Saints. Direct swap with Max King (24) would seem about right to me.

If I'm gold coast I'm giving up lukoscious, 8, 10 and 20. Dimma just coaches him like dusty.

Freo I'm giving up the 3 first rounders and not worrying about Bolton or baker

North I'm giving 2, 23 and phillips

Saints I'm giving king and a first
Generally when a club has courted a player such as the suns with Rioli and freo with Bolton, it is imperative for that club to follow through and make the deal happen.

Its insanely easy to find out if someones got a ruptured spleen. You push on it and then guy internally combusts mostly.

Zero doubt they never checked for internal bleeding in that sense. They likely just checked ribs/lungs and sent him back out

Think it’s been established he has no issue with that and it’s more him not getting enough calls from club during recovery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fascinated where this ends up. If he's so adamant he's done, he's going to have to give up on Pies (picks) and Blues (capspace). Is this not exactly the type of player Essendon should be all in on
Certainly seems the most viable option, but lack of recent (well, two decades' worth) of success may be a hindrance.

Certainly seems the most viable option, but lack of recent (well, two decades' worth) of success may be a hindrance.
I had my rant before but he doesn't get to have his cake and eat it too. Melbourne could make something work but he's taking the piss if it's just Carlton or Collingwood.

Fascinated where this ends up. If he's so adamant he's done, he's going to have to give up on Pies (picks) and Blues (capspace). Is this not exactly the type of player Essendon should be all in on
I don't think a person like Trac who is driven for success and looking for a strong culture would consider Essendon.

Those are the exact two things that Essendon have struggled with significantly over the past 20 years.

I had my rant before but he doesn't get to have his cake and eat it too. Melbourne could make something work but he's taking the piss if it's just Carlton or Collingwood.

Think this is what it will come down to, Trac will need to make a decision to either go to a club who can afford him or stay.

I don't think a person like Trac who is driven for success and looking for a strong culture would consider Essendon.

Those are the exact two things that Essendon have struggled with significantly over the past 20 years.
He's going to have make a sacrifice somewhere to get out. Essendon gets him big crowds and around finals at least.

Wonder how close Sam is to calling Barrass to give him the "it's not you, it's me speech." Hawks have to be considering it.

Think this is what it will come down to, Trac will need to make a decision to either go to a club who can afford him or stay.
I can't see how he stays. It seems he feels the Dees burned him and nearly could have lost his life, if he has trauma etc related to it then a fresh start elsewhere is surely needed.

But with the current landscape that’s exactly how it works. Players nominate and get to their club of choice. It’s pretty wrong but it’s sadly how it works. There is no bidding war once the player nominates. We all know this. Any talk of a bidding war or sending to club X or club Y if Dees can’t get a sweetheart deal, that’s just not how it works. Players have the power with how it’s all set up. And with extreme circumstances on top, this has backed Melbourne into a corner.

I can't see how he stays. It seems he feels the Dees burned him and nearly could have lost his life, if he has trauma etc related to it then a fresh start elsewhere is surely needed.

Then I guess he may need to settle for a club that has collateral and cap space to get the deal done

There are two separate issues here, sensationalising it by saying Melbourne nearly cost him his life is silly.

What nearly cost Petracca his life was a collision on the field and didn't have anything to do with the Melbourne Football Club. You could argue going back on the field - for sure, but that has already been addressed by Petracca when he said it was his decision to do so.

There isn't one issue with Petracca and the Dees in my view, the ICU and communication situation is the straw that broke the camels back but it's clearly more than just that. The place is an almighty mess.

There was a report that said Petracca and Essendon weren't interested in each other. I agree with both.

Essendon don't have what Petracca is looking for from a cultural and on-field perspective (though Carlton's culture is debatable) and Petracca will significantly take away from our list build.

It would have made sense if the first rounders taken between 2020 and 2022 were coming on but there's still significant doubt around them so it'd be too risky especially with Petracca's age and injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back