Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt any trade gets done, and they make up for the next 12 months but then goes to Collingwood or another big melbourne based team in 2026.

If he wants to stay in Victoria, then I hope he goes to St Kilda. They get a gun midfielder, and give up Max King and pick 7 and maybe another later pick.
I think both teams would benefit and be able to so a deal but ultimately its Petracca who wants to leave, and he's probably going to nominate which clubs he's happy to be traded to. If he's too selective, he's going to stay at the Dees
He will not go to that club

Any chance Essendon make a play for him?

Big Melbourne club, in win-now mode, could offer the Dees a package based around pick 8, their future first and a big key forward like Peter Wright (yes I know he was out of form and favour this year).
No chance. It’s 3x top 10 picks plus Wright as a steak knife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the clubs as an employer have an obligation to the players to provide certain conditions under the Safe Work framework. With that in mind perhaps Petracca might have a case to legally void his contract with Melbourne FC given the circumstances of his grievances. It would definitely make for an interesting test case if his legal team were to take them on.

The AFL would be shiting themselves if it eventuated...:cool:

Last edited:
That’s the problem with trading for someone like Petracca. Whether Cerras current trade value is so diminished it’s not worth selling at the bottom.

I’d consider him closer to steak knives in a deal than part of the prime rib of it.
I think most are saying he would be the steak knives though? The real price paid would be the draft picks.

Cerra is a A-/B+ player depending on if he's fit or not but certainly never going to be a superstar like Trac or Bont etc.

If we were to get Trac one of Cerra, Hewett or Kennedy become surplus anyway, and the Dees will need midfield cover for his departure.

2 firsts and Cerra would be my offer to the Dees, think that's the best anyone else is going to offer for him too.

Helps clear cap space for the Blues too which will absolutely be needed to take on Trac's massive contract, amongst a few others being pushed out.

We'll no doubt make enquiries.

I just cant see how it's much more than this years 1st (11) and next years 1st (potentially swapped with the Suns for their pick 13 this year).

That's pick 11 and 13.

We might be able to combine our own second with whatever we get for Owies and Martin into another late 1st rounder as well, but beyond that, I'm not sure what we could really offer Melbourne.

You'd assume if the let him leave, along with ANB going, and Pickett possibly leaving, plus Oliver on thin ice, they're looking at a mini rebuild and established players probably wont be wanted.

You’ve all forgotten that Tracs relationship is FINISHED with Melbourne. Like a broken marriage. OVER.

They Melbourne, cheated on Trac in his eyes, festered an inappropriate environment and the final nail was neglecting him medically. The doctors and physios who OK’d that decision should lose their AHPRA registration IMO. Was disgraceful.

There is no mending. Trac will take the Ryder avenue if he has to. People saying how will his move to Carlton happen. It will happen don’t worry about it. Brian of formerly Geelong is putting the chess pieces together. Carlton hold all the cards here, the player is desperate to get to them. His agreed terms with them already. They’ve met many times already. I deal in facts only. That’s what has happened.

Who told you this first. Not any media sources. Celebrity 101. I’m heritage. I am scientifically proven. 🔥🔥💣🚨

I doubt Cerra has any value after his injuries, he would be more of a salary dump than steak knives. You'd only take him if picks were attached. Blues would need someone else, Hewett maybe, with 2x late firsts. Though salary cap is another question for them.

I think a lot of Demon supporters are valuing Trac based on last year's value. I wouldn't do a straight swap with TDK either if i were Blues. Trac's age, injury and contract all work against him. Every team would love to have a fit, firing Trac in their team. But there's a risk, however small, that he doesn't come back as his old self and a team is stuck with that contract without the player. I don't think what Melbourne want for him is worth the risk.

Who told you this first. Not any media sources. Celebrity 101. I’m heritage. I am scientifically proven. 🔥🔥💣🚨
Oh goody, an Andrew Tate-style egotist masquerading as an ITK 'newsbreaker'. Just what this board needs.

I think most are saying he would be the steak knives though? The real price paid would be the draft picks.

Cerra is a A-/B+ player depending on if he's fit or not but certainly never going to be a superstar like Trac or Bont etc.

If we were to get Trac one of Cerra, Hewett or Kennedy become surplus anyway, and the Dees will need midfield cover for his departure.

2 firsts and Cerra would be my offer to the Dees, think that's the best anyone else is going to offer for him too.

Helps clear cap space for the Blues too which will absolutely be needed to take on Trac's massive contract, amongst a few others being pushed out.

So pick 18 + 18 + Cerra

Oh goody, an Andrew Tate-style egotist masquerading as an ITK 'newsbreaker'. Just what this board needs.

Except I only break bomba truths. Here are the receipts
Time to start taking me seriously.

What colours your Bugatti ?, nice try on painting me as an egotist. I’m just a fact teller man nothing else.

TDK won’t be leaving this year, next year tho yes. Carlton trying to push AC out the door but they could maybe pull this off without dangling a carrot Melbourne’s way. You’ll just have to find out

Attachments

• IMG_8336.jpeg
    IMG_8336.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 60
lol Cerra.
Chuck in a few more VFL plodders as well to get the deal done.
Might as well offer Fantasia and Acres, about the same value as Cerra.
Cerra worth little at present, was only ever an ok player but constant hammies have hammered any worth he had.

Can't see any way Carlton could get this done, no players of worth would want to jump ship to the sinking Dees and Carlton don't have anything like the required draft picks. Would also need to clear a ship load of cap space.

Dees hold all the cards, Trac has a five year contract, Dees don't have to do anything. At least the Pies are realistic admitting it's beyond them. Premature ejaculation by many Carlton supporters.

Except I only break bomba truths. Here are the receipts
Time to start taking me seriously.

What colours your Bugatti ?, nice try on painting me as an egotist. I’m just a fact teller man nothing else.

TDK won’t be leaving this year, next year tho yes. Carlton trying to push AC out the door but they could maybe pull this off without dangling a carrot Melbourne’s way. You’ll just have to find out
C’mon Mich0 at least use a VPN for some plausible deniability.

You’ve all forgotten that Tracs relationship is FINISHED with Melbourne. Like a broken marriage. OVER.

They Melbourne, cheated on Trac in his eyes, festered an inappropriate environment and the final nail was neglecting him medically. The doctors and physios who OK’d that decision should lose their AHPRA registration IMO. Was disgraceful.

There is no mending. Trac will take the Ryder avenue if he has to. People saying how will his move to Carlton happen. It will happen don’t worry about it. Brian of formerly Geelong is putting the chess pieces together. Carlton hold all the cards here, the player is desperate to get to them. His agreed terms with them already. They’ve met many times already. I deal in facts only. That’s what has happened.

300_you_are_a_w***er_by_oathofblood-3067253462.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back