Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually like Cerra, had him in SuperCoach in 2023 and he cleaned up for me. But yeah, this day and age you need absolute guns in the midfield to properly compete.

Thought some undervaluing of Cerra, even from Blues fans. He was pretty damn good last year, even with some injuries this year a team is giving up a teens pick for him IMO. Any injury concerns from Cerra apply to worse injuries with Trac.

If Carlton are doing 11, F1 and Cerra, Melbourne would be moronic to turn that down with where the relationship is at

Thought some undervaluing of Cerra, even from Blues fans. He was pretty damn good last year, even with some injuries this year a team is giving up a teens pick for him IMO. Any injury concerns from Cerra apply to worse injuries with Trac.

If Carlton are doing 11, F1 and Cerra, Melbourne would be moronic to turn that down with where the relationship is at

Trac had a once off contact injury. Yes there will be some DD required to make sure he has recovered from it. But it is very different to a bloke who blows his hammies every time he gets out of a light jog.

Trac had a once off contact injury. Yes there will be some DD required to make sure he has recovered from it. But it is very different to a bloke who blows his hammies every time he gets out of a light jog.
Once off contact injury where he's on record saying he's not yet allowed to get his heart rate above 100? That's pretty damn serious. I'd go for it still but 10, F1 and Cerra is a fantastic result all things considered if they can pull it off

Once off contact injury where he's on record saying he's yet allowed to get his heart rate above 100? That's pretty damn serious. I'd go for it still but 10, F1 and Cerra is a fantastic result all things considered if they can pull it off

Yes serious but he's in recovery and rehab and it hopefully won't be this way forever. Once he's recovered hopefully that is it. Whereas Cerra is repeat injuries and off the park. I think there is a fair distinction there.

Yes serious but he's in recovery and rehab and it hopefully won't be this way forever. Once he's recovered hopefully that is it. Whereas Cerra is repeat injuries and off the park. I think there is a fair distinction there.
Both seem career threatening for different reasons to me but maybe I've been shielded from the Cerra stuff a bit more than I thought being over here in Hicksville. I'd still jump at Cerra if I was Melbourne

Last edited:
Both seem career threatening for different reasons to me but maybe I've been shielded from the Cerra stuff a bit more than I thought being over here in Hicksville. I'd still jump at Cerra if I Melbourne
We've had about 20 hamstring injuries this year across the list anyway. Wouldn't be counting Cerra out under a new fitness boss whether it's at the Blues or elsewhere

It’s entirely possible that the handling of his injury and aftermath is just the last straw. If even half the stuff you hear about what’s been going on at that football club is true, it would be fair to say that it’s not the most professional environment. The part that nobody knows yet, or at least hasn’t come out publicly, is whether Christian has been having ongoing discussions with the club about his concerns or the unprofessional behavior of some, and he hasn’t been listened to, taken seriously or that the necessary changes haven’t been made in his eyes.
It’s also possible that he’s using the threat of leaving to affect some of the change that he wants to see and if they do, then he could be willing to stay 🤷‍♂️

funny thing in all this is Petracca being upset at the handling of his injury. Meanwhile it's been soft tissue after soft tissue injury here at Carlton
Let’s just hope Trac didn’t watch the Carl v North game and see TDK going back on.
What was his injuries he ended up with? after hobbling around like he required a walking frame after the 1st quarter.

Last edited:
Let’s just hope Trac didn’t watch the North game and see TDK going back on.
What was his injuries he ended up with? after hobbling around like he required a walking frame after the 1st quarter.
I think his concerns are more to do with the drug crisis and tbh the Blues have a fairly clean record since Bolton took over of not getting caught up in any party related controversies

But yes, I wouldn't trust our fitness team to treat a sore throat let alone his injury rehab. Perhaps a reason we've been linked to Darren Burgess who's had a lot to do with Trac in the past

I think his concerns are more to do with the drug crisis and tbh the Blues have a fairly clean record since Bolton took over of not getting caught up in any party related controversies

But yes, I wouldn't trust our fitness team to treat a sore throat let alone his injury rehab. Perhaps a reason we've been linked to Darren Burgess who's had a lot to do with Trac in the past
Yeah Darren is the pied piper, get him across and you’ll find a bunch of players follow, and honestly why wouldn’t you, hes probably more important than the coach in the modern game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra worth little at present, was only ever an ok player but constant hammies have hammered any worth he had.

Can't see any way Carlton could get this done, no players of worth would want to jump ship to the sinking Dees and Carlton don't have anything like the required draft picks. Would also need to clear a ship load of cap space.

Dees hold all the cards, Trac has a five year contract, Dees don't have to do anything. At least the Pies are realistic admitting it's beyond them. Premature ejaculation by many Carlton supporters.
pretty close to winning carltons bnf last year if not for injuries, would say his best is better than just ok.

Imagine Carlton
killed Petracca

Pretty sure your club currently moving heaven and earth to find a way to get it done.
That is all we have worth anything there is no way you trade an a grader for a bloke that might be cooked post injury.

Christian has to blackmail them into trading him for unders with the threat of going to town on their medical advice that sent him back on the field.

That is all we have worth anything there is no way you trade an a grader for a bloke that might be cooked post injury.

Christian has to blackmail them into trading him for unders with the threat of going to town on their medical advice that sent him back on the field.
Is Cerra an A-grader? I backed him in here but A feels generous at this stage. I'm pretty sure someone on decent coin will need to go out to fit what sounds like the most expensive contract (well deserved) in the AFL

Is Cerra an A-grader? I backed him in here but A feels generous at this stage. I'm pretty sure someone on decent coin will need to go out to fit what sounds like the most expensive contract (well deserved) in the AFL

Not an A grader, but nowhere near as bad as some are making out in this thread.

He’s an excellent footballer. Just had a horrid year with injuries.

Cerra isn't going anywhere, cap space will come from martin, marchbank, Cunningham being let go
They are all on chips and were all planned on being let go anyway. Petracca is unplanned for new money and between 1.2m and 1.7m a year. I reckon someone goes, same way I expect us to lose someone for the Pickett/Bolton dream

Not an A grader, but nowhere near as bad as some are making out in this thread.

He’s an excellent footballer. Just had a horrid year with injuries.
Yeah I was surprised at some Carlton fans basically giving him away. He showed last year how good he is

Yeah I was surprised at some Carlton fans basically giving him away. He showed last year how good he is

He is very good. But there are a few issues:

1) Injuries have killed his 2024 season. Just hasn’t had a good run at it

2) The emergence of Matt Kennedy, who himself struggled with injuries for years. Looks to have overcome them and has become an exceptional footballer.

3) The addition of George Hewett. A vital cog in our midfield is George. But as good as it looks on paper, I’m not convinced a midfield of Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy, Hewett and Cerra actually works.

4) I believe we have some room in our cap but we probably would need to give up someone of at least decent quality. And ain’t no ****ing way we’re giving up Harry…

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back