Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the issue with all of these hypothetical trades involving players will be convincing anyone to go to Melbourne. They’re giving off serious dumpster fire vibes at the moment. Even Houston back-pedalled once he caught a whiff.
Ì agree.
I hope GWS win the flag, either way I doubt a young gun wants to leave this year, next year is possible of course.
Melbourne believe 100% they are not in premiership window if Trac leaves ( and that is correct as if you have only 6 a grade players losing one means you can't).
Hawthorn and Geelong won flags the year after Franklin and Ablett left ( but both had about 12-14 Agrade players, so losing 1 didn't impact that much).
Judd leaving Eagles caused a collapse, partly as Cousins also left or was suspended in 2008.

Melbourne does have to accept this in my opinion, the window is barely open even with Petracca playing in 2025 for them.
I wonder if they consider promising him to be traded at end of 2025 if he drops the current trade request.

I deal in facts only.

I’m heritage. I am scientifically proven. 🔥🔥💣🚨

Except I only break bomba truths. Here are the receipts
Time to start taking me seriously.

I've got receipts too. You're a fraud.

Viney:
viney.png

4 hours later

Cerra is worth like a pick in the 20s. A more expensive Liam Baker. Pretending he is a big piece in any trade is cringe

I find it equal parts unbelievable and hilarious that some from the Melbourne camp are trying to spin this as being somehow Petracca’s fault.

I guess they must know he’s already gone and are trying to save some face by going on the attack.

Stupid PR strategy whatever the thinking. Petracca far too well liked for this to do anything other than hurt Melbourne more.

May daughter doesn’t like any non Richmond players “except for Petracca because it is really cute the way he cooks with his Nona”.

Melbourne’s culture so broken they’re about to turn their biggest PR asset into a PR bin fire.

I've had a crack at Petracca for only wanting big contending Vic clubs but I'll also have a crack at Melbourne here. The outright bullshit they've been peddling since the start of this is ****ing annoying to say the least. Clearly, he's done, you can talk about contract and all that crap but the relationship is done. Just be upfront and don't treat everyone like idiots while using your media mates to try to gaslight everyone into how no one knows what the issue is and "brand Petracca" is taking a hit. It's been nauseating since that horsehit CEO letter at the very start - newsflash dickheads, if a CEO letter is required, it's already ****ed, we aren't stupid.

"Christian Petracca has requested a trade out of the club for personal reasons, out of respect for everything he's given to the club in his 10+ years of service, we will work with his management to see if it can be facilitated, however, as a well paid contracted player, Christian understands the club will look after its interests and he will be a required player next year if it can't be facilitated."

There, pay me 100k to be your media manager, it's not hard.

Cerra is worth like a pick in the 20s. A more expensive Liam Baker. Pretending he is a big piece in any trade is cringe

So too is completely ignoring his quality because of an injury interrupted season.

It's fine if you don't rate him, but please don't try to distort reality.

So too is completely ignoring his quality because of an injury interrupted season.

worth a pick in the teens.

Good player who's body doesn't seem to hold up, and is probably surplus to needs at Carlton.

Still looks like he could be a good player but he's 25 next season and 'potential' starts to mean very little once you start getting a bit older.

He isnt that great in the previous years either. I dont see any difference between Cerra and Darcy Parish except for the ages of each. . Similar traits, similar salary I dont think Essendon would chuck Darcy Parish in as the lynchpin of any Petracca trade themselves for example so cant see why Carlton could do the same for Cerra here. Parish is worth a pick like 30-40 and Cerra in that 20-30.

He isnt that great in the previous years either. I dont see any difference between Cerra and Darcy Parish except for the ages of each. . Similar traits, similar salary I dont think Essendon would chuck Darcy Parish in as the lynchpin of any Petracca trade themselves for example so cant see why Carlton could do the same for Cerra here. Parish is worth a pick like 30-40 and Cerra in that 20-30.

Yeah no thanks.

Meh Cez has 7+ years of football in front of him.
Many 24 year olds do. Doesnt mean you want to trade out a Christian Petracca to get any of them.

Rate him all you like etc, you gotta understand that Demons wouldnt want him right as opposed to say a De Koning or McKay for example? Like you get Cerra isnt even close to those 2?

Going from talking about McKay to Cerra is like saying I want a Ferrari but if the dealership doesnt have one ill settle for a Suzuki Swift instead. Too big of a drop in quality to really be in the same conversation

Many 24 year olds do. Doesnt mean you want to trade out a Christian Petracca to get any of them.

Rate him all you like etc, you gotta understand that Demons wouldnt want him right as opposed to say a De Koning or McKay for example? Like you get Cerra isnt even close to those 2?

Walsh and Cez will be key pillars in our midfield for many years to come. There is zero need to add to our midfield - none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh and Cez will be key pillars in our midfield for many years to come. There is zero need to add to our midfield - none.
You have a insane need for a goal kicking midfielder. Last year if I remember right Blake Acres was your biggest goal kicker with 10 goals from the midfield... Cripps/Cerra both got 9. Petracca got 28 goals.

A midfield of Walsh/Cerra/Cripps wont win finals im afraid.

You have a insane need for a goal kicking midfielder. Last year if I remember right Blake Acres was your biggest goal kicker with 10 goals from the midfield... Cripps/Cerra both got 9. Petracca got 28 goals.

Interesting you say that because thats precisely what happened last year beaten Trac and Clary to a pulp. Short memmories from someone that supposingly knows football

It seems if Trac is going anywhere it’ll be the blues. Cerra was keen on the Dees and they were keen on him when he moved. But a deal couldn’t be reached. He could be included somewhere. Reality is that blues will need to move some cap space. So he might be one to watch.

It seems if Trac is going anywhere it’ll be the blues. Cerra was keen on the Dees and they were keen on him when he moved. But a deal couldn’t be reached. He could be included somewhere. Reality is that blues will need to move some cap space. So he might be one to watch.

Only if Cez wants to leave - no way the club is going to offer Cez up for a trade.
He's part of the clubs long term plans of sustained success

Ì agree.
I hope GWS win the flag, either way I doubt a young gun wants to leave this year, next year is possible of course.
Melbourne believe 100% they are not in premiership window if Trac leaves ( and that is correct as if you have only 6 a grade players losing one means you can't).
Hawthorn and Geelong won flags the year after Franklin and Ablett left ( but both had about 12-14 Agrade players, so losing 1 didn't impact that much).
Judd leaving Eagles caused a collapse, partly as Cousins also left or was suspended in 2008.

Melbourne does have to accept this in my opinion, the window is barely open even with Petracca playing in 2025 for them.
I wonder if they consider promising him to be traded at end of 2025 if he drops the current trade request.
Could be a middle-ground I guess, but if he has them by the balls via a prospective grievance tribunal or his management believes they do, why would he do any favours to a hierarchy (he believes) almost killed him?

His value also diminishes in 12 months so Melbourne may be smarter just to rip the proverbial band-aid off.

I think Melbourne may need to accept not only that he’s leaving, but also that they’re now ‘motivated sellers’ putting Trac in the Grundy/Treloar basket of reduced value trades.

All depends on the devil in the detail behind the scenes which none of us are privy to, but common sense tell you that this wouldn’t have been made so public unless Petracca and management war gamed it extensively and saw a clear pathway out, along with mechanisms to force the matter if push comes to shove.

He was fantastic in 2023 and a significant reason for going as deep as we did.

Your valuations aren’t great IMO.

And yet Carlton has won 2 of the 3 finals in which that trio has featured.

Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

Only if Cez wants to leave - no way the club is going to offer Cez up for a trade.
He's part of the clubs long term plans of sustained success
I’d say if Trac nominated Carlton a tough discussion or two will be required. Despite him or any other player currently being a part of long term plans. They won’t be passing up on Trac. He propels your flag chances.

I’d say if Trac nominated Carlton a tough discussion or two will be required. Despite him or any other player currently being a part of long term plans. They won’t be passing up on Trac. He propels your flag chances.

He's a top player - but Cez fits the style that Vossy wants to play. We are missing him and need him back next week.

Going from talking about McKay to Cerra is like saying I want a Ferrari but if the dealership doesnt have one ill settle for a Suzuki Swift instead. Too big of a drop in quality to really be in the same conversation
You need to understand losing TDK or Mckay is a net loss to gaining Petrecca as he is right now and any club considering trading out one of their top liners to get him would rightfully be considered brain dead.

Untouchables: Curnow, Mckay, TDK, Weitering, Cripps, Walsh

Don't care what level christian will play at its not worth disturbing this group, personally don't even want to indulge F1 + Cerra i'd much rather keep cerra and get a leek aleer with the F1 weitering needs the help more than cripps.

He was fantastic in 2023 and a significant reason for going as deep as we did.

Your valuations aren’t great IMO.

And yet Carlton has won 2 of the 3 finals in which that trio has featured.

Go figure. 🤷‍♂️
Sorry I meant Grand Finals

If TDK is untouchable then trade cant and wouldnt happen if we are being honest. Hes contracted til 2029. He wont be donated for free/a 1st rounder + Cerra . It needs to be a untouchable for a untouchable...

Sorry I meant Grand Finals

If TDK is untouchable then trade cant and wouldnt happen if we are being honest. Hes contracted til 2029. He wont be donated for free/a 1st rounder + Cerra . It needs to be a untouchable for a untouchable...

Thats not going to happen.

Melbourne will want to get as much as possible the buyer want to get it as little as possible. Its the way things work not your hypotheticals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back