Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

I very happy he’s staying. But there’s no doubt if he could have got to pies or blues I reckon it may have happened. Clearly neither could have put an acceptable offer up.
2025 a big year for dees and Trac. Hopefully this forces a bit of change.
Also the medical negligence path was never happening. That was stuff of oppo supporters dreams.

I very happy he’s staying. But there’s no doubt if he could have got to pies or blues I reckon it may have happened. Clearly neither could have put an acceptable offer up.
2025 a big year for dees and Trac. Hopefully this forces a bit of change.
Also the medical negligence path was never happening. That was stuff of oppo supporters dreams.

Good for Dees and good for football imo.

Big clubs hands are tied - he could have chosen Richmond but Tigers need to go to draft next 3-4 years. Bad timing for Trac to play in front of big passionate crowds

GAGF all you Opp supporters willing and wanting him to leave our club, and to not be fairly compensated. Many of you imposters wouldn’t want your marquee player to be sold by your club based on some internal club issues needing to be worked out and resolved. Back in your box jerks. Time to go ambulance chasing for another story for your own self-satisfaction and pleasure
This entire thread made worth it in one single moment of brilliance. Thank you, kind sir.

How has it taken this long for him to make a statement?! He can carry on about how the club has handled things, but hasn't handled it well either. Seriously, get on with it.
Maybe he didn’t want to lie in a statement? Do you think it would be in the Melbourne FC’s best interest for him to get up and contradict all that was coming out of Melbourne?

And he was stuck in the position knowing it was always going to be difficult to get out of that club.

Either way, damaging for Melbourne.

I don't think it was made up though, I do think he wanted out of the place.
But when you have 5-years left on your contract at huge $$ & are 28 years old coming off a very serious injury.
the clubs your interested in going to don't have the capital to trade for you, & Melbourne don't want you to leave.
All this combination adds to it being too difficult.
Of course he wanted out.

But he was never going to be traded it was physically impossible at the price and with his contract and the media knew it.
So there was no 'story' here they just made up scenarios to sell clicks.

They just made up all these trade possibilities knowing it would never happen but people would be stupid enough to believe it would. Which ia what this thread illustrates.

The media should be more accountable.

No winners in this one.
Blues miss the chance on a player who could have turbocharged them to a premiership.
Demons have their best player hating the place and desperate to get out but locked in for 5 years on huge money.
Petracca hating his workplace every day as it slides into a footy abyss.
He can console himself for the next 5 years counting his money.
The lesson for everyone here is the real value of these mega contracts as so much changes in life from year to year …

Let's just see what happens when the seasons over and trade week starts.

He'd be far better going interstate, for he's brand and he's legacy, which he comes across as really wanting to be talked about in the same sentence as bont, dusty etc.

I think the teams he wants to go to are still playing finals, so he's cooling the jets.

He needs a new manager if he stays though. Dorazio has proven he can't make hard calls and tell he's players the truth. He stuffed a year of Grundys career and now the leaking of petracca stuff to McClure

Generally when a club has courted a player such as the suns with Rioli and freo with Bolton, it is imperative for that club to follow through and make the deal happen.
If you can get a better deal and better flag chance than you need to explore that option. Both players are contracted to Richmond first and foremost as is petracca but you get petracca you're more chance of winning a flag. Which neither has done

Puff pastry journalism at its finest. Nice to see brand Trac has spun the pR machine at its finest to reassure Melbourne fans that his committed to them, just to buy leverage for the fact that Melbourne may not be able to satisfy a trade for him.

Yet you lot believe he really and truly wants to stay. He doesn’t want to be there, it’s obvious. Come trade period you’ll see the talk blow up again. The relationship is over, finished, done for.

Trac loves the Dees so much he personally met with Brian Cook on three occasions and his management countless other times. That tells you he is 100% committed to Melbourne, does it now. Sounded out interest from the Pies too and entertained the Saints initially. 100% committed. It’s well known within the industry he wanted, and still wants out, the word got around everywhere to many journos - they all have their own sources too, not just me.

All he is doing is buying himself insurance from Dees fans in case he has to stay at Melbourne. Ryan Griffin and Tom Boyd spun the same nonsense, and then walked anyways.

You can choose to read the toilet paper news and not read the real facts to the story. PR is one hell of a tool and like a soap opera people love to be sucked into it.

Dees fans I wouldn’t rest. When not IF for Trac and Viney. But celebrate small temporary wins like this papering over the cracks at Melbourne. He ain’t staying

Puff pastry journalism at its finest. Nice to see brand Trac has spun the pR machine at its finest to reassure Melbourne fans that his committed to them, just to buy leverage for the fact that Melbourne may not be able to satisfy a trade for him.

Yet you lot believe he really and truly wants to stay. He doesn’t want to be there, it’s obvious. Come trade period you’ll see the talk blow up again. The relationship is over, finished, done for.

Trac loves the Dees so much he personally met with Brian Cook on three occasions and his management countless other times. That tells you he is 100% committed to Melbourne, does it now. Sounded out interest from the Pies too and entertained the Saints initially. 100% committed. It’s well known within the industry he wanted, and still wants out, the word got around everywhere to many journos - they all have their own sources too, not just me.

All he is doing is buying himself insurance from Dees fans in case he has to stay at Melbourne. Ryan Griffin and Tom Boyd spun the same nonsense, and then walked anyways.

You can choose to read the toilet paper news and not read the real facts to the story. PR is one hell of a tool and like a soap opera people love to be sucked into it.

Dees fans I wouldn’t rest. When not IF for Trac and Viney. But celebrate small temporary wins like this papering over the cracks at Melbourne. He ain’t staying

You had your fun, you got it (and other things) wrong.

You're done here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what an absolute flog. No excuses at all, its not "media hype", its just a good old fashion Kath and Kim " look at me"

drivel trotted out by the MFC and Petracca is laughable nonsense. Clearly, dear Christian didn't think this thru before he and Brand Trac went rogue, the Pies and the Blues had no interest in trying to orchestrate a trade, and likely had no interest in a footballer who clearly thinks Brand Petracca is more important than the team

Feel sorry for Max Gawn, incredibly nice bloke, who now has to try and assimilate this egotistical fraud back into the clearly disgruntled playing list.

View attachment 2097554
season 4 waylan smithers GIF

Regardless, would be pretty surprised if he leaves now.
IMG_3974.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back