Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again, irrelevant.

The main point is that CP is unable to cross examine his accuser. As such, there is no enquiry that would fulfull any threshold of fairness that western democracy would find acceptable.

The attempt to conflate the judicial process with an individual's personal suitability to be a Minister of the Crown is, and will always remain, ludicrous. So Ministers should be fair game to do anything and everything up to actively breaking the law?

Porter had multiple opportunities to contest the allegation in Parliament, an independent setting, or open court, and actively fled from every one of them.

Parliamentary inquiry? Nup. Got the PM to run interference instead.
Independent inquiry? As above.
Contest the ABC's truth defence? Took one look at it and instead opted to bottle it for the price of his mediation costs, then had it buried rather than attempting to contest it.
Refute the allegations on the campaign trail? Nah, runs off into retirement instead.

Echoes how he's fled from the consequences of his largely inept political career (rising crime rates and recidivism as WA AG, record budget deficits as State Treasurer).

And for all the howling at the moon he's done re his love for the rule of law, he'll go down in history as the Social Services Minister who reversed the onus of proof for welfare recipients (Robodebt) and the AG who oversaw the kafkaesque star chamber trials of Witness K and Bernard Colleary. No rules of evidence there!

The Emperor's New Clothes of politicians - as soon as someone burst his protective bubble, he was always done.

as soon as someone burst his protective bubble, he was always done.
I think the point is that he is entrenched in that swamp so he will always have an out.

Maybe some ex-state candidate will run

Actually, thinking about it further, Albert Jacob;

- Fits the Clan requirements perfectly (religious, obedient and mediocre); and
- would mean the Pearce campaign as a whole would become a clearing house for the weird Wanneroo v Joondalup rivalry that has always been hugely entertaining in a very niche Perth sort of way.

Possibly the in-house polling showed a slaughter in Pearce. I'm sure his apologists/supporters/donors will find him a home.

The Christian has managed to ensure the details of the ABC’s defence in its defamation case have been tied in a nice legal binding never to see the light of day. So, I'm less confident that all will be revealed.

WeztzxO.jpg

Actually, thinking about it further, Albert Jacob;

- Fits the Clan requirements perfectly (religious, obedient and mediocre); and
- would mean the Pearce campaign as a whole would become a clearing house for the weird Wanneroo v Joondalup rivalry that has always been hugely entertaining in a very niche Perth sort of way.

I like your thinking but watch out for Trish Botha.

Ex Goodenough staffer and a female

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The attempt to conflate the judicial process with an individual's personal suitability to be a Minister of the Crown is, and will always remain, ludicrous. So Ministers should be fair game to do anything and everything up to actively breaking the law?

Porter had multiple opportunities to contest the allegation in Parliament, an independent setting, or open court, and actively fled from every one of them.

Parliamentary inquiry? Nup. Got the PM to run interference instead.
Independent inquiry? As above.
Contest the ABC's truth defence? Took one look at it and instead opted to bottle it for the price of his mediation costs, then had it buried rather than attempting to contest it.
Refute the allegations on the campaign trail? Nah, runs off into retirement instead.

Echoes how he's fled from the consequences of his largely inept political career (rising crime rates and recidivism as WA AG, record budget deficits as State Treasurer).

And for all the howling at the moon he's done re his love for the rule of law, he'll go down in history as the Social Services Minister who reversed the onus of proof for welfare recipients (Robodebt) and the AG who oversaw the kafkaesque star chamber trials of Witness K and Bernard Colleary. No rules of evidence there!

The Emperor's New Clothes of politicians - as soon as someone burst his protective bubble, he was always done.

I don't disagree re robodebt...it is still irrelevant to what we are discussing.

Google the Bringinshaw Principle and educate yourself.

This may not be a criminal setting, but the consequences of these allegations is that Porter has lost his career.

The evidence from where I stand is dubious at best.

Have a great night.

I wonder what Gillard has to think Porter's pity party for himself? How soon is going to be when we ask ourselves are men too emotional to govern? Judging by this government's response to criticism of any sort, we have to start thinking that's a yes.

I wonder what Gillard has to think Porter's pity party for himself? How soon is going to be when we ask ourselves are men too emotional to govern? Judging by this government's response to criticism of any sort, we have to start thinking that's a yes.
Oh well, at least he wasn’t Deliberately Barren.

Oh well, at least he wasn’t Deliberately Barren.
There was a royal commission into some renos she did in 80s, Porter's accused of anally raping a young women, is protected by anonymous donors and walks away with a six figure pension. Hmmmm...

I don't disagree re robodebt...it is still irrelevant to what we are discussing.

Google the Bringinshaw Principle and educate yourself.

This may not be a criminal setting, but the consequences of these allegations is that Porter has lost his career.

The evidence from where I stand is dubious at best.

Have a great night.
So you you've gone from the criminal justice standard of "beyond reasonable doubt" to the Briginshaw standard of "balance of probabilities". I guess that's progress.

Correct, The evidence is dubious at the moment. But that's because we have seen barely any of it. Sounds like Porter saw some during the defamation proceedings and then decided to stop the case and make sure that evidence never saw the light of day.

And the fact is that these didn't cost Porter his job. Every step related to his job was self-inflicted.

Stepping down as AG - He did so because he undertook defamation against a government organisation and he was chief law officer of the Government.

Stepping down from politics - His own choice. Sounds like he wants to be a lawyer in NSW.

Doesn't really matter now he's stepping down though. I guess we'll see if the NSW Bar has higher character standards than parliament.

Putting up a moderate female candidate would make sense but this is a Scomo govt so watch then libs put up a party hack (as the ALP did with KK showing values dont matter only your allies within the party)

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They dont have a moderate female in their ranks over here, only rabid/churchy party hacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back