Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is one link

DETECTIVES: Raiding the house of The Claremont Serial Killer​

BRE case is the third on this podcast - starts at 39min mark.

I found BRE case very interesting - and how the TRG sent a "scout" plain clothes detective to knock on BRE's front door that arrest morning, saying "kids were seen messing about with his car outside".
BRE went out to check on his car and the car doors immediately.
TRG knew then their target was in his own house for the take-down. How his front door split like a saloon-door.... etc. How BRE was face down on the carpet and very quiet to begin with.

Ex-TRG guy mentions how BRE's family were supportive of BRE initially, until BRE pleaded guilty at the 11th hour (which was only for the Huntingdale attacks) - as well as the KK Cemetery Rape/Kidnap - and how possibly..... BRE had done a bit of deal with Paul Yovich (or had been persuaded by PY) about pleading Guilty to those earlier crimes (being BRE DNA semen was on the poor KK victim).

I dont think some of this information (podcase info) has ever been released.

• The two (2) cases on the Podcase are also very interesting TRG ground work and sniper information.
  • TRG secrets revealed (elusive/elite group of blokes) - huge numbers of people involved.
  • Bonus for me - it Makes me feel better about Paul Yovich now too.
  • Ex-TRG reckons BRE ain't never getting out either.

DM are just catching up ^ with that Podcast.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13586715/Claremont-Bradley-Edwards-arrest.html

The cop who busted down the door when police arrested Claremont serial killer Bradley Robert Edwards has described the sex fiend's breathtaking reaction to finally being caught - and calmly asked officers: 'So what's this all about then?'

In October 2019, he pleaded guilty to five other charges related to sexual attacks upon an 18-year-old woman at Huntingdale in 1988 and a 17-year-old at Karrakatta cemetery in 1995.

In June 2020, after a seven-month trial, Justice Stephen Hill found Edwards guilty of murdering Ms Rimmer and Ms Glennon but not guilty of murdering Ms Spiers.

Justice Hill said it was more likely than not that Edwards had also killed Ms Spiers and in December 2020 sentenced him to life imprisonment with a 40-year minimum term.

Mr Bowler, who left the police force shortly after he helped arrest Edwards, said it had been satisfying to end his service by taking the Claremont serial killer down.

'I'd be amazed if anyone was willing to give him parole, ever, because you'd have to put your name to that one,' he said. 'So I don't think he'll be out.'

DM are just catching up ^ with that Podcast.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13586715/Claremont-Bradley-Edwards-arrest.html

The cop who busted down the door when police arrested Claremont serial killer Bradley Robert Edwards has described the sex fiend's breathtaking reaction to finally being caught - and calmly asked officers: 'So what's this all about then?'

In October 2019, he pleaded guilty to five other charges related to sexual attacks upon an 18-year-old woman at Huntingdale in 1988 and a 17-year-old at Karrakatta cemetery in 1995.

In June 2020, after a seven-month trial, Justice Stephen Hill found Edwards guilty of murdering Ms Rimmer and Ms Glennon but not guilty of murdering Ms Spiers.

Justice Hill said it was more likely than not that Edwards had also killed Ms Spiers and in December 2020 sentenced him to life imprisonment with a 40-year minimum term.

Mr Bowler, who left the police force shortly after he helped arrest Edwards, said it had been satisfying to end his service by taking the Claremont serial killer down.

'I'd be amazed if anyone was willing to give him parole, ever, because you'd have to put your name to that one,' he said. 'So I don't think he'll be out.'
I would say there is a zero chance of Edwards being alive in his late 80s after what would be 40 years in custody. He can exercise all he wants but the modest variety of food and lack of quiet for sleep will more than balance that out.

Last edited:
17/07/2024

Much the same as what has been reported previously:

“He certainly wasn’t overly upset about it. At that point in time, things are probably starting to kick in, but if I were to say what relief looked like, it looked like a bit of relief.”

I happened to see there now that Channel 4 UK is showing what they say is a brand new drama, 'The Claremont Murders', on Fri. 2 August at 9 o'clock. It's 2x2 hours: https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide/2024/08/02/M4
I think this a 2023 Miniseries in Australia with Kate Ritchie in it.

I think this a 2023 Miniseries in Australia with Kate Ritchie in it.

I watched the second of this two-part mini-series earlier. When you are well acquainted with the case, it's hard to remind yourself that what you're seeing is a dramatisation not a re-creation of the case itself – and therefore, try not to be too critical of 'errors'. This story unfolds as a conflation of acts that are not always chronological. I did notice that the actresses playing Sarah and Jane were much too old – less so re Ciara. By contrast, the bloke playing Edwards was maybe 10 years too young and had his hair dyed black. Clear errors I saw were: the positioning of BRE's car almost opposite the Burger Boys; BRE looking at Mr and Mrs Spiers after the verdict, when to my knowledge he looked at no one in court; and the total omission of the cops getting his DNA from a discarded lemonade bottle. The sort-of 'thing' between the two detectives was a drag. Also, I feel the character of the man in the role of Caborn was treated with great, and unwarranted, sympathy, with only occasional gleanings of him not having a baldy (if you'll pardon the pun!) as we say here. Utimately, this is much more a police story than anything else, particularly one detective's crusade to get to the truth when he was a big part of the disastrous focus on Lance Williams that sent the inquiry miles off track. That said, the families and Sarah, Jane and Ciara are portrayed fairly sensitively. In all, not a bad effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Back