Clash Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

tigerdan said:
One question - when was television introduced?
1957 season black and white TV made Fitzroy change their FFC logo from blue to white.
1975 season, colour Tv came in, most clubs changed their jumpers in some small way.
mostly to lighten them so the cameras could see them better.
Geelong had a white collar and cuffs,
Essendon and Richmond's sashes got wider.
Footscray changed their bands to seperate the red from the blue
Melbourne changed to Royal Blue.
Hawthorn adopted an all gold back.
to name a few changes

Billy Hunt said:
Fremantle-7.gif
Nice jumper Billy. Where'd you get that? :)
I see you didn't even change the file name I gave it.
PS There's new ones up now, I've added the logo to the front of that one.

Re: Alternate Guernsey??

Hawkk said:
Only some clubs need it.

For instance only Essendon,North,Collingwood,Melbourne,Bulldogs,Geelong,St.Kilda, and Sydney are the only clubs off the top of my head that alternate guernsays are esential for.

Your club should consider one just because your standard one is so damn ugly. I don't intend to have a dig with this comment either. From a marketing perspective, for getting kids to wear the jumper, those colours just don't do the trick.

Statistician said:
Tradition means stuff all imo when we are talking about a professional sport.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You sad sad sad little person..................congratulations on your ignorance being of the highest order ever displayed on the pages of Big Footy!

now....................as others have also intimated..............STFU!

VANDA said:
You sad sad sad little person..................congratulations on your ignorance being of the highest order ever displayed on the pages of Big Footy!

now....................as others have also intimated..............STFU!
:rolleyes: Look at other professinal sports overseas and tell me how many colour clashes they have. Most likely hardly ever because just about all teams have away jumpers.....And whatever STFU means, F#%$ U,

docker_azza said:
Yep, every club should have an alternate strip.

Sounds great coming from a supporter of a 'make-believe' club with no history that has been in the competition for 5 minutes & never won a goddamn thing to be proud of....................by all means keep your purple or whatever colours you care to change on a weekly basis..................BUT.............dont try & tell other Clubs or their supporters what they should do when it comes to the traditions of those clubs .................especially the ones that have been around since the competition began! :mad:

Statistician said:
:rolleyes: Look at other professinal sports overseas and tell me how many colour clashes they have. Most likely hardly ever because just about all teams have away jumpers.....And whatever STFU means, F#%$ U,

Your ignorance continues to do you no favours.

Who gives a rats what other sporting codes around the world do? This is no basis to make a change to our traditions.

you speak with all the wisdom of a 13 year old. Are you out of your teens yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VANDA said:
Your ignorance continues to do you no favours.

Who gives a rats what other sporting codes around the world do? This is no basis to make a change to our traditions.

you speak with all the wisdom of a 13 year old. Are you out of your teens yet?
AFL Is meant to be a professional sport and each club should be made to have an alternate guernsey. Look at each of the clubs uniform when they first entered the VFL/AFL and look at them now. I doubt you will find any the same.
If your talking about tradition then I guess you didn't like it when Essendon have the bomber mascot on the front of their jumper then?

Statistician said:
AFL Is meant to be a professional sport and each club should be made to have an alternate guernsey.

Geez.........some great logic there. :rolleyes:

Statistician said:
AFL Is meant to be a professional sport and each club should be made to have an alternate guernsey. Look at each of the clubs uniform when they first entered the VFL/AFL and look at them now. I doubt you will find any the same.
If your talking about tradition then I guess you didn't like it when Essendon have the bomber mascot on the front of their jumper then?
When was that?
Essendon have worn the same jumper since 1873.
Black with a Red sash, without mascots.

Mero said:
When was that?
Essendon have worn the same jumper since 1873.
Black with a Red sash, without mascots.

Dont confuse the boy Mero............he's still grappling with all the inadequacies associated with the fact his nads havnt dropped yet!

VANDA said:
Dont confuse the boy Mero............he's still grappling with all the inadequacies associated with the fact his nads havnt dropped yet!
I was thinking he must have been really old and been watching Bomber games from before recorded history.
Of course, back then they weren't called the Bombers, so that theory isn't really looking very strong.
131 years is a very long time to wear the exact same design.

Only changes are AFL and sponsors logos.

PS Thanks Billy. I don't know that I am, but it's nice of you to say so.

Mero said:
I've posted it on this page:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/fbtmisc/merojumpers2.html

It's horrible in so many ways, and was a run away winner in the Big Footy 'ugliest jumper ever' competition.
Maybe so Mero , but like you ,i am also a child of the eighties & as such cannot understand the attraction in young guys wearing shoes resembling the same thing you would hire from a tenpin bowling alley but it seems to be the fashion & i just think that particularly for Hawk supporters ,the old diamond guernsey would be a great compliment to what would prove to be a marvellous outfit.Bring back the diamonds i say !

Remove this Banner Ad

Clash Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back