Rumour Clayton Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he requested a trade to a WA club it just wasn’t publicised
You think he did? Ok. Let’s face it. If he was desperate he’d have made it clear. I’d say probably the idea was floated by his management but dees would have said they aren’t particularly interested. I’m sure he could have demanded a trade like Houston Bolton Rioli etc.

Surely there is something up. If it wasn't for his ridiculous contract I'm sure it would be easy to get a trade for him. There can't be this much smoke with nothing behind it.
It's 💯 true Melbourne were shopping him around to other clubs as recent as a week ago.

Problem is the massive contact in coming years.

Apparently $1.5m a year.

No club wanted to touch that given the risks involved.

It's 💯 true Melbourne were shopping him around to other clubs as recent as a week ago.

Problem is the massive contact in coming years.

Apparently $1.5m a year.

No club wanted to touch that given the risks involved.
Potential scenario Clayton trains the house down this summer, gets back to his best, then off to Geelong. 12 months time their salary cap situation should be good. 50/50 split between Melbourne and Geelong on his salary.

Potential scenario Clayton trains the house down this summer, gets back to his best, then off to Geelong. 12 months time their salary cap situation should be good. 50/50 split between Melbourne and Geelong on his salary.

If he gets back to his best, then he's worth what his contract pays. Why would Melbourne then give him away and pay for the privilege?

If Melbourne were prepared to pay 50% of Oliver’s wage then he’d be gone now. Why would be trade him if he’s back to best and fairest all Australian form?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Clayton Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Back