guess_who

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victoria
There is nothing more frustrating then watching Jason Cloke running towards the forward line and making some sort off attemt at plaing inthe forward line..gee Mick the kid is nota bloody forward so please do not play him there..........Either play him in the backline or dropo him.

****ing Hell, The Frustration...

Everyone else inb the world knows clokey aint a forward and he still persists, how stubborn can ya get?

I saw him make two attacks on the footy in the forward line and even though they were courageous he has no idea what he is doing, why birng him all the way down to brisbane to only get 15 mins of footy?

I was at the game last night behind the goals at the Stanley street end at grond level. I couldn't believe it when I saw Cloke down there again.

I gave my mate a drunken earful for about 5 minutes on why Cloke is not a goddam forward!

i dont even know y u ppl bother with him! he hasnt done anything at all and hasnt for a while. he only got like 2 possesions or something against the dogs.

i think micks only keeping him because his scared jasons dad will bash him or something

Originally posted by hirdy_is_champ
i dont even know y u ppl bother with him! he hasnt done anything at all and hasnt for a while. he only got like 2 possesions or something against the dogs.

i think micks only keeping him because his scared jasons dad will bash him or something
Actually he played a fantastic season in 2002 and after a quiet start played well last year.

Of course you wouldn't know that because you were too busy crying over your team's performances.

I agree, Jason Cloke is NOT a bloody forward. He's a damn good backman and I backline works so why change it?

And just on the low number of possessions I'd just like to point out that J.Cloke is a defender. Just because a defender doesn't get possessions doesn't mean he is out of form. The main role of the defender is to stop his opponent not get the ball. A defender is out of form when he can't stop his man (or do his job when he is a loose man in defense), NOT when he doesn't get a lot of possessions.

We DO need anotehr forwrad but J.Cloke ain't the answer i think Fraser needs to step out and get back to form of yester-year. I think Cameron Cloke could be a breath of fresh air and could be our third forward for the next few weeks.

Even if J.Cloke Had half an idea how to play forward it woyuldn't matter because his foot-skills are attrocius. Even he knows that, that is why he overuses the handball. His kicking wouldn't help our already dismal shots for goal.

He is playing worse then ever at the moment. Confidence is rock bottom. He has been caught so many times with the ball that he now is in constant fear when in possession. What a hack he is.

Thats what i mean, how can everyone here agree with me, includiang many thousand other suporters at the ground, including so many so called experts in the media, and yet he still lines up in the forward line everynow and then...Id rather see Clement up there, even Presti for crying out loud like agaisnt carlton last year...

Originally posted by Babylove
I agree, Jason Cloke is NOT a bloody forward. He's a damn good backman and I backline works so why change it?

And just on the low number of possessions I'd just like to point out that J.Cloke is a defender. Just because a defender doesn't get possessions doesn't mean he is out of form. The main role of the defender is to stop his opponent not get the ball. A defender is out of form when he can't stop his man (or do his job when he is a loose man in defense), NOT when he doesn't get a lot of possessions.

Amen to that.

Originally posted by guess_who
Thats what i mean, how can everyone here agree with me, includiang many thousand other suporters at the ground, including so many so called experts in the media, and yet he still lines up in the forward line everynow and then...Id rather see Clement up there, even Presti for crying out loud like agaisnt carlton last year...
Presti was originally named CHF in the GF 2003 side and I believe MM should have tried this at one stage during the game. I don't care if Presti was doing a good job against Brown, Brown might of had an off day and Cloke could of taken him.

You gotta question some of micks moves sometimes....dammit leave clokey down back where he belongs!
i agree with what dumesny1 said about cloke, he doesnt have to have heapsa possessions to be a good player. Yall gotta rememember his a defender not a midfielder!!!:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by guess_who
There is nothing more frustrating then watching Jason Cloke running towards the forward line and making some sort off attemt at plaing inthe forward line..gee Mick the kid is nota bloody forward so please do not play him there..........Either play him in the backline or dropo him.

Looks like time to drop him

Who's picking the side these days?

Jason Cloke is a terrific defender,especially as a 3rd tall, so play him there. with taz out we need a forward, so whats wrong with Mckee or richards in the ruck, fraser forward, or bring in kinnear or another youngster? blooding new kids would b less frustrating than watching a fish out of water like cloke forward...

Mick, your game plan is effecting players like Cloke and O'Bree. You said a month ago that you will include 6-8 debutants by Round 5. Cameron Cloke and Tom Davidson come to mind straight away. But Cameron hasn't played forward at all. Guy Richards is not a ruckman come forward like Fraser, so our forward line is lacking height. Cam has to play this week at full-forward and Jason has to be either given full time in Defence or sent back to Willy for confidence.

Guy Richards is a favourite outside of footy, and not a good ruckman as i have seen. Bring back truck McKee or for god sakes, bring back Cameron Cloke because he is buffed, and playing consistent footy in Williamstown. That heavy knock from Picioane 2 weeks ago, may have been reason behind why he was not playing on Sunday.

Last year Jason had 12 marks and 20 touches playing at Centre Half Back, Experimenting four rounds in a row isn't working.

I think mike is still harbouring a grudge against Cloke for his comments after the GF last year. Sure cloke is a backman but he hasn't really done anything to show he's an excellent backman yet. He had one of the easiest gigs in the game, 3rd man up in the backline..... Now that he's been tested as a player he's struggling. If he's good he will adapt and work his way through it, if not then he's nothing more then a hack.

The experiment has failed, it's time to give up now. No point in keep on trying it because of your pride is on the line. It's obvious that Cloke is only a backman, and will always be that.

I hear a lot of this,people upset by Cloke in the forward line. The hard truth is that Cloke is a Collingwood footballer and he will fill any position we need him to fill. At the moment our forward line is lacking, it is clearly very poor. Cloke is more needed in the forward line than back but he is being a pussy and isnt trying to play 100% for his club. He needs to grow up and make himself accountable, if he did he wouldnt be in danger of his spot and starting on the bench. A spell at Willy would be good for Jason, i think he takes his spot for granted.

Remove this Banner Ad

CLOKE is not a bloody forward!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back