Official Club Stuff Club Announces Operating profit of $2.4M for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-12-20/carlton-announces-24m-operating-profit

CARLTON Football Club is pleased to announce an operating profit of $2.4 million before depreciation and amortisation, with a final statutory profit of $678,580 for the year ending 31 October, 2017.

A tremendous amount of work in 2017 resulted in an increase in consumer and corporate revenue, game-day attendances and TV audiences.

“We were pleased to confirm the extension of Hyundai and Virgin Australia for a further five years as Co Major Partners”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, thanks Trigger for leaving the place in better nick than you found it.

Yep, that’s the ultimate kudos...

Never been more confident in the club than I am at the moment, just need to get through next season without any stupid short term thinking decisions...

Luckily, I am extremely confident that won’t happen

Why'd they boot a ceo when he's turning a profit? Particularly with our on field failures.

If it wasn't for Career One going belly up, our net profit would have been close to two million dollars.

Maybe that's just not enough and if we maintain the current model, we should by all rights, do very well next year.

Why'd they boot a ceo when he's turning a profit? Particularly with our on field failures.

Board is challenging the admin and a FIFO employee at the head was clearly seen as a hindrance to the next step.

So they went out and got someone that fits the next frontier to a tee, ballsy and the right decision AFAIC

If it wasn't for Career One going belly up, our net profit would have been close to two million dollars.

Maybe that's just not enough and if we maintain the current model, we should by all rights, do very well next year.
Based on...?

We upgraded our sponsorship with Virgin, and got half of the sponsorship money owed by CareerOne. I daresay it would have barely nudged past $1m.

Anyway, like I said last year, the cleanup costs of MM and the sponsorship gap that we endured in the 2016 financial year (and then filled) would see us turn a profit, and we did.

Based on...?

We upgraded our sponsorship with Virgin, and got half of the sponsorship money owed by CareerOne. I daresay it would have barely nudged past $1m.

Anyway, like I said last year, the cleanup costs of MM and the sponsorship gap that we endured in the 2016 financial year (and then filled) would see us turn a profit, and we did.

Based on what I was told.
Career One apparently reneged on around a million dollars.
We didn't see any of that sponsorship dollars this year.

Info maybe wrong, but that's what I heard.

Based on what I was told.
Career One apparently reneged on around a million dollars.
We didn't see any of that sponsorship dollars this year.

Info maybe wrong, but that's what I heard.
You're correct that it was a million dollars we lost from them, but what do you think upgrading existing sponsors and bringing in new ones at lower tiers generated for us?

They didn't get that stuff for free.

Get the on field right and have a clear direction and the money follows

Maintain this path and watch the money & memberships role on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back