Clubbies 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be running at Old Carey again. Think there are some changes in the wind re: structures for A and B Grade clubs, can anyone shed any light?

Cheers,

We will be running at Old Carey again. Think there are some changes in the wind re: structures for A and B Grade clubs, can anyone shed any light?

Cheers,

Hansie, ill be lookin at playing for Old Carey Club XVIII this year however am completely unfit at 27, stopped playin country footy at 20 (however not overweight, im at 70kg) and cant get to many training sessions. How does this competition work and what standard can we expect?

hansie, in A grade this year, Club XVIII will be run as a Thirds compeition, as most of the clubs have two Club XVIII in any case, the stronger of the two teams will be a Thirds and the other more like the traditional Club XVIII. Each Saturday, all 4 teams will play the same club (Seniors & Reserves at home, and Thirds and U19's away, for example). They're looking to introduce this to B grade in 2011 if possible.

Without having a look, I think most clubs in A & B grade have Clubbies while the majority of C grade do as well. Hampton Rovers will have a team again this year after the first year in 2009 had very healthy numbers.

I would of thought a good clubbies side would whip a good 3rds side. A good clubbies side would be half full of ex guns who cant be arsed, a good 3rds side would be full of players who cant get a game in the 2's. Will be interesting how clubs who have to field both teams view it.

Mangoplah Cookardinia United Eastlakes Goannas (MCUE) are looking for prospective players for the upcoming season. Mangoplah is situated approximately 32kms South of Wagga Wagga in inland NSW.
Mangoplah participates in the Riverina Football League which is the strongest league in the Riverina MIA region. The club has a proud history and with our strong junior base are looking to add to that in 2010.
The goannas have retained all players from last year and appointed two more and feel that a couple more experienced footballers would help us take the next step.

The club has available a large number of job opportunities in Wagga Wagga including solicitor, scaffolder, carpenter, farm manager, physiotherapist, metal fabricator, draftsperson and a large number of other trades.

A senior coaching position is also available...

Anyone interested in becoming part of a tight knit footy club, in a strong competition, with good support please send me a private message with your credentials and we will continue discussions from there

I would of thought a good clubbies side would whip a good 3rds side. A good clubbies side would be half full of ex guns who cant be arsed, a good 3rds side would be full of players who cant get a game in the 2's. Will be interesting how clubs who have to field both teams view it.

I highly doubt that. The best teams in Clubbies over the past few years have been Collegians, Old Xavs, Uni Blues and De La Salle. It is no coincidence that the same teams were in the top few placings in U19s, A Section seniors and A Section reserves.

A Section 3rds will be virtually the same as what Club XVIII (1) was this year anyway. The biggest change out of a reshuffle is that Prahran who are very competitive in clubbies but are not close to A section in the seniors.

Howdy, First time poster. I live and work in the North/North East. Finished playing senior footy at district level and would like to play clubbies in the AMMOS. I am 35+, not as agile as I once was, good footy brain, I'd like to think:eek:. Like to find a club that can welcome and fit in a guy who can play footy but is in late late 30's. Supers is out as kids play footy on Sundays.

i too have heard OSFC are in some strife this year, only just getting 2 senior teams out, no 3rds no clubbies.

they will be dead in 5 years

Fitzroy will be fielding a Club XVIII side again this year.

Can anyone explain the '3rds' competition? I thought it was only for the Premier grade, but the VAFA website is showing a fixture for Premier B as well.

Re: Clubbies 2010 - pracy match

Club 18's practice match

any club interested in a club 18's practice match either this Saturday (20th march) or the following (27th march) contact the sandown cobras and we can arrange a game. we have a ground and everything sorted just need a team if possible

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clubbies kicks off on the 17th of April. section one. section 2 south. section 2 north.

Anyone got any news on the teams and who will shape up for this year?

I Believe old scotch does not have any clubbies this year.

Looks like Richmond Central have a clubbies team this year.

Section 2 South looks much like it did last year just without Melbournians who beat everyone by 100 points. Ormond and Caufield always strong. Will be good to see the new teams in RC and Kew.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of any teams that are struggling for numbers in the Two’s. I am not much of a Footballer just keen for a bit of a kick somewhere.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I Believe old scotch does not have any clubbies this year.

Looks like Richmond Central have a clubbies team this year.

Section 2 South looks much like it did last year just without Melbournians who beat everyone by 100 points. Ormond and Caufield always strong. Will be good to see the new teams in RC and Kew.

Old scotch have officially lost their clubbies team.

Richmond have officially gained a clubbies team and will be up there for a premiership in section 2 south

Cub 18 South Kicked off this week with a bang

Finals teams of last year caufield and ormond had good wins over Mazenod and Old Geelong

While last years lower table sides st marys and hampton played in a string match with the boys from ferndale taking the biscuits

In the other Game Richmond Central beat Kew by nearly 100 points in there first game in clubbies.

Are they the side to beat? only time will tell

Old Essendon have clearly pulled the wool over the VAFA eyes by remaining in Club XVIII north despite winning a flag in 2009. They are serial offenders at this, and it baffles me how they win flags yet are allowed to stay in the same division. "Oh we've lost players"...."Oh we're not going to be competitive" and look what happens. They are in Premier B and should be forced to play with the big boys in that grade, not beat up on Div 2 and Div 3 sides.

Old Essendon have clearly pulled the wool over the VAFA eyes by remaining in Club XVIII north despite winning a flag in 2009. They are serial offenders at this, and it baffles me how they win flags yet are allowed to stay in the same division. "Oh we've lost players"...."Oh we're not going to be competitive" and look what happens. They are in Premier B and should be forced to play with the big boys in that grade, not beat up on Div 2 and Div 3 sides.

Couldn't agree more. Banyule got beaten by Old Essendon in the preliminary final last year. We have decided that it would be better that we play in Premier B thirds than play in the clubbies.

Old Essendon are a B Grade side and yet don't field a side in Premier B Thirds.

That doesn't seem fair at all considering that is one of the reasons that they put in this 3rd's Division in the first place. I thought the rule was if you didnt have a 3rds you couldn't have a clubbies???? anyone shed some light ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back