Clubbies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it Ned, if you're a PA player, what are you doing posting about Div 2 Clubbies?
Used to play clubbies for Old Geelong a few years back, still in contact with a lot of the boys and thus follow the clubbies with a bit of interest

Tips for this weekends games

Pardians over Uhs Vu

bullen over snakes

Cardinals over Therry Penola

Hawthorn over the sharks

Old Geelong over Kew

Lads, where are the reports?

Good to see OG get up over the incredibly refreshed Kew. Maxy Gubbins sensational as per usual.

What happened to Old Scotch. Perhaps I should take back my prediction that they are the team to beat.

Bulleen Temp are killing it in D2 and appears they are in clubbies as well.

Hawthorn by far the strongest team and Eley Park should pull themselves out of the competition. Good on them for having a dip though.

Can someone close this thread, no need having it open if I'm just talking to myself.

Where are my OG boys?

Where are the spineless old scotch boys?

Where are the soccer players from Hawthorn?

Fire up boys, get the banter going

Is this forum exclusively for 2nd Div Clubbies? I cannot recall seeing any posts from 1st Div teams!
Are the teams graded or is there another rational explanation as to the Divisions?

OG v BT result should shape the top 4. OG going to win this Ned?
Why do you keep referring to Old Scotch?
Who has got tips for this round?

OG v BT result should shape the top 4. OG going to win this Ned?
Why do you keep referring to Old Scotch?
Who has got tips for this round?

I also don't understand. I can't seem to find an Old Scotch team in clubbies?

Looks like we might have a wet one this weekend.

There does seem to be alot of Div 2 chat in here. I'm sure its open to all

Flogging a dead horse here, but we all know why the reference to Old Scotch is being made. Particularly now one of the teams are the Cardinals.
They all used to play at Old Scotch, but were asked to play in the thirds division. Not happy with being split up and asked to play up the grades, they pulled up stumps and moved en mass to Richmond Central. Hence being called Old Scotch.

Hope this helps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok tips for this week just get things moving back onto the footy

HAW v UHS - Haw to continue dominance
BT V OG - BT to continue unbeaten run
OP V Kew - Game should be close with OP getting the choccies at home
TP v RCS - TP to win in a close one
RCC v EP - Cardinals to start their dominance on the comp with a big win

Looks like a home team bias

Good luck this weekend

ok tips for this week just get things moving back onto the footy

HAW v UHS - Haw to continue dominance
BT V OG - BT to continue unbeaten run
OP V Kew - Game should be close with OP getting the choccies at home
TP v RCS - TP to win in a close one
RCC v EP - Cardinals to start their dominance on the comp with a big win

Looks like a home team bias

Good luck this weekend

pity OG is the home team though...

HAW v UHS - Hawks should smash UHS
BT v OG - Cats to burst the BT bubble
OP V Kew - Kew too strong
TP v RCS - TP seem stronger on paper
RCC v EP - If EP lost by 30 plus goals you would hope for Richmonds sake they win!

Good luck to all

cant believe how quiet is in this forum

After 3 rounds how do you think the 2 comps are travelling instead of the old 3?

Have the VAFA got the thirds structur right?

cant believe how quiet is in this forum

After 3 rounds how do you think the 2 comps are travelling instead of the old 3?

Have the VAFA got the thirds structur right?

3rd structure is fine, the clubbies really should be 8, 7 & 7 not the 2 grade i just think the vafa were too worried about clubs pulling the pin & went for the easy option.

at the end of the day i compare clubbies to f grade cricket who cares how bad standard it is if we get more rego's wont the vafa be happier?

didnt get a run on the w/e had to work but spoke to a few of the boys & even though we got belted no one taking it to heart too much we all knew it was prob going to be the premiers v the 2nd last side(we hope;)) come the end of the season.

i would like to wish hawthorn spartons the best for the future wheather they actually start up there own club properly or not

Credit where credit is due Gents.

E Park, although they are probably the worst clubbies side I have ever seen, front up every week with the knowledge they will get spanked, and they do it with a smile on their face.

Keep up the work boys, Clubbies wouldn't exist without you.

EP vs UHS is building as a blockbuster.

Any credit for 100% tips and predicting the BT bubble burst boys?

Snakes to knock off OP as the upset for this round.

EP vs UHS is building as a blockbuster.

Any credit for 100% tips and predicting the BT bubble burst boys?

Snakes to knock off OP as the upset for this round.

cant wait, i still think we are a better side than 2 years ago when we won 4 games & finished 3rd last but a few clubs dropped off.

as our pres says "if we didnt have a clubbies the 2's wouldnt have won the last 2 flags & about 10-15 of the blokes would be at other clubs. as long as everyone is having fun thats all that matters"

cant wait, i still think we are a better side than 2 years ago when we won 4 games & finished 3rd last but a few clubs dropped off.

as our pres says "if we didnt have a clubbies the 2's wouldnt have won the last 2 flags & about 10-15 of the blokes would be at other clubs. as long as everyone is having fun thats all that matters"

very well said, good clubs need a good foundation, once you play together for a number of years you gel as a team and you win/loss ratio will improve.

More importantly is it about having fun with your mates and a few beers along the way.

Too many players have been journeymen and dont know which club to call home when they retire. Always good to have a club that is yours that you feel welcome and eventually take you kids back to.

Benefit of clubbies is you potentially never have to retire and could play with your children!

Hit me with tips boys. My predictions:
Snakes V OP. Snakes in an arm wrestle.
Hawks V Cardinals. Spartans continue on winning way.
Kew vs TP. TP to strong.
BT vs UHS. Tempted to tip UHS but it would ruin the showdown!
EP vs OG. OG by 20 majors at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back