Clutch Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Fast becoming? He's been around for over a decade and is in the twilight of his career lol
He's just played in three flags that probably wouldn't have been won without him, and he's keeping them in contention for a fourth. If not a better player, he's arguably a more rounded one than he was years ago, and I've been able to see more of him live since he moved across to Hawthorn.

Not really a hard concept to grasp.

He's just played in three flags that probably wouldn't have been won without him, and he's keeping them in contention for a fourth. If not a better player, he's arguably a more rounded one than he was years ago, and I've been able to see more of him live since he moved across to Hawthorn.

Not really a hard concept to grasp.

Yeah I'm not surprised you didn't grasp what I said seeing as its taken you 12 years to realise Burgoynes a star lol

2rz7578.gif

Yeah I'm not surprised you didn't grasp what I said seeing as its taken you 12 years to realise Burgoynes a star lol
Haha, is that what the little cogs in your head churned out?

Who said I took this long to realise he's a star? All I said was that he's my favourite non-Bulldog.

Reading comprehension, chief.

"Leaders" don't piss off because they didn't get too be captain.

Also, Peter>Shaun
And Shaun didn't.

If you didn't already know this about your club, the playing list was a disjointed mess in his last year with port, with factions and infighting that Choco couldn't manage or fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you didn't already know this about your club, the playing list was a disjointed mess in his last year with port, with factions and infighting that Choco couldn't manage or fix.

Any supporter born before 2009 knows how bad it got, trust me. Even with the infighting, everyone else eventually stayed, except Shaun.

Any supporter born before 2009 knows how bad it got, trust me. Even with the infighting, everyone else eventually stayed, except Shaun.
If you were indigenous and knew that there was a group of players who thought that the indigenous players in the team were treated differently, would you envisage a smooth run if you were picked as captain?

I reckon Shaun made a very hard call, and decided to start afresh elsewhere.

I don't understand what it is that allows him to do it. He seems to cruise for quarters, even games at a time and when the heat is on he just turns it up. Bartel used to do the same thing. Whenever the game is on the line, they become 20% better and just get it done. Do they hold back until it is completely necessary or do they just maintain composure when other players feel the heat? I've wondered about it before and could never really grasp it.

His career from an individual perspective is great but nothing too decorated, then he becomes prime Ablett in close 4th quarters. That shouldn't be possible, but it happens time after time.

Seemed to have more time when he had the ball than anyone else tonight, completely turned the game after quarter time. Think he was around 90% disposal efficiency for the game.

88% 0 Clangers.

Just about as close to perfect you can get really.

88% 0 Clangers.

Just about as close to perfect you can get really.
Can't argue with that. Spewing that Horse didn't try to put someone on him to quell his influence. He's Hawthorn's most damaging player in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Clutch Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back