Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a rumour that former Springvale Districts hack Tony Cooper has the East Brighton job. Obviously a club that wants to go nowhere.

You obviously are trying to get a rise out of him. Tony is secretary of SD and I doubt he would leave when his own club has a great chance to play div 1 in 2008.

Heard a rumour that former Springvale Districts hack Tony Cooper has the East Brighton job. Obviously a club that wants to go nowhere.

I would be very suprised if TC would move on.He has to much history at the club including B&F winner,committee member,Life member ect...

His coaching record speaks for itself!!! If you had of done some home work before shooting your silly mouth off.:mad:

P.S Be great to see you face up to the BIG man and call him a hack:D

Has South Yarra given Ballis the flick?
We're taking applications for Seniors and Reserves, apparently it's in the club constitution to do so. Phil's reapplying, but he himself said that clubs only seem to remember Constitutions when they want a change, so looks like it. Bit of a shame, people can say whatever they want about Phil's coaching ability or whatever but he is genuinely a top bloke.

We're taking applications for Seniors and Reserves, apparently it's in the club constitution to do so. Phil's reapplying, but he himself said that clubs only seem to remember Constitutions when they want a change, so looks like it. Bit of a shame, people can say whatever they want about Phil's coaching ability or whatever but he is genuinely a top bloke.

i saw sth yarra couple times and next yer shall be a good one...slow start rhis year but rallied home ...y they sacking him???
or is it just one or 2 that dont get along with him and some decisions hes made then everyone follows a couple voices...and all of a sudden hes worst coach ever???

even if u make the finals

i saw sth yarra couple times and next yer shall be a good one...slow start rhis year but rallied home ...y they sacking him???
or is it just one or 2 that dont get along with him and some decisions hes made then everyone follows a couple voices...and all of a sudden hes worst coach ever???

even if u make the finals
I don't think it's appropriate to get into it in that sort of detail on BigFooty. You'd suggest results are a factor though.

I remember going to pre-season training before we had a ground, or even a permanent training ground, at Burwood Oval in February. My mate had just joined up and a couple of us came down as we hadn't played for a while, and we thought they'd have to give us a game since they were in recess the year before. We were getting about 12 or so to training, and apparently a few committee people wanted to pull the pin. From what I'm told it was Phil who told them to stick it out, and not only did we get two sides, but we won games in Seniors and Ressies, and ended up with a pretty good club. Phil Ballis obviously deserves some of the credit for that.

I don't think it's appropriate to get into it in that sort of detail on BigFooty. You'd suggest results are a factor though.

I remember going to pre-season training before we had a ground, or even a permanent training ground, at Burwood Oval in February. My mate had just joined up and a couple of us came down as we hadn't played for a while, and we thought they'd have to give us a game since they were in recess the year before. We were getting about 12 or so to training, and apparently a few committee people wanted to pull the pin. From what I'm told it was Phil who told them to stick it out, and not only did we get two sides, but we won games in Seniors and Ressies, and ended up with a pretty good club. Phil Ballis obviously deserves some of the credit for that.

interesting club politics isnt it????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour mill suggests there are some jobs up for grabs in Div 1 next year.

Clayton-Jones Gone
St Pauls-Shepard Stepping down
E Bright-Scurrah Stepped down
Highett-Reece Gone
Mordi-Martello ?
StKC-Houston Safe
TM-Johnston ?
Chelsea-Flack Job for life
Chelt-Shalders ?
Heatherton-Bennett Gone

Any mail on who will fill these jobs? Maybe Wells back to Clayton?

The rumour mill suggests there are some jobs up for grabs in Div 1 next year.

Clayton-Jones Gone
St Pauls-Shepard Stepping down
E Bright-Scurrah Stepped down
Highett-Reece Gone
Mordi-Martello ?
StKC-Houston Safe
TM-Johnston ?
Chelsea-Flack Job for life
Chelt-Shalders ?
Heatherton-Bennett Gone

Any mail on who will fill these jobs? Maybe Wells back to Clayton?

Not happening.
Love the place, can see we're going places with some better players coming back next year and the club loves him.

Maybe I am wrong, heard from a fairly good source on saturday that Martello was coaching again at mordy next year!!
Martello definately coaching at Mordialloc next year,he had a meeting with the players last week and he stated mordi will definately play finals next year,also they advertise cause its part of there constitution.

Just having a look at the coaching adds on the SFL website and Tooronga Malvern have an add that states SFL Division 2 2008 Coaches required. What is the deal there is combine dropping a division

Not happening.
Love the place, can see we're going places with some better players coming back next year and the club loves him.

Got it on good Authority that Reece is GONE. Club going backwards. He does love the place, but will not go through another year of players not putting in the effort required.

Big chane that several of the key players will be leaving as well

corey stephens is a shoe in for skye job!! was part pf the reason he went their in the first place!! he coaches next year means that barr stays and likely to pick up his better brother!! coates to coach lyndale!!

Got it on good Authority that Reece is GONE. Club going backwards. He does love the place, but will not go through another year of players not putting in the effort required.

Big chane that several of the key players will be leaving as well

Correct!!!

Big man Smith was handing out bussiness cards on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back