Coaching Appointments for Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Gary Ramsay who has been appointed Senior Coach of Lower Plenty for the 2011 season.

Played under him last year at Watsonia and am very surprised he has gotten another gig at a Division 2 side. Very surprised.

No one could have coached that rabble to a win!

Well if a rabble is a team the re-builds itself with kids that LOVE the club and not the money they get paid, then love to know what isn't one!

Mark my words, appointing Gary Ramsay will bethe biggest mistake Lower has ever made. He seems good at first, seems strong, and good with kids, but with little guidance throughout the year and 'pointing' rather than 'showing' he is far from a good coach. If he couldn't even lift a side to win ONE game when they played 3 times against Fitzroy stars, can't see how this could turn out well for Lower. But, time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate their is absolutely no need to be so denigrating to an opposition club. The players who wore the Wats jumper this year did so with pride and it all augers well for our future with such a young side.
A rabble they were not.

No, will just denigrate a guys reputation after he took on a job based on promises his employers made him, that were undeliverable! I don`t know Gary very well, but I know people that have been associated with him, played with and under him for many years and not one has had a bad thing to say about him either on a personal or proffessional level. They rate him highly for his communication and work ethics as a coach and integrity and honesty as person, I therfore can only assume that perhaps the issues of his time at Wats were probably indicitive of the situation that evolved once he took the job. As I have previously said, if what we were hearing was true, then full credit for him staying put for the season when many others would have been within there rights to walk.

Well if a rabble is a team the re-builds itself with kids that LOVE the club and not the money they get paid, then love to know what isn't one!

Mark my words, appointing Gary Ramsay will bethe biggest mistake Lower has ever made. He seems good at first, seems strong, and good with kids, but with little guidance throughout the year and 'pointing' rather than 'showing' he is far from a good coach. If he couldn't even lift a side to win ONE game when they played 3 times against Fitzroy stars, can't see how this could turn out well for Lower. But, time will tell.

What was he supposed to do, get out there and play? If all is as reported and previous players had been looked after, then perhaps there would have been some experienced players out there supporting the kids! Mate Fitzroy Stars were not that bad a side, they were certainly far better than Watsonia. Gary went through a process of 6 applicants, 2 interviews, with a final appraisal conducted by Terry Wallace. Those who went through this and were involved said it was the most professional process they had been through at suburban/country level. The guys that missed out congratulated us and thanked us for the way we went about it, so I think it`s fair to say that we have a very good idea of what we have and are more than happy with the outcome. I f Watsonia had a bad experience, then perhaps it might be worth grabbing the Oxford and looking up the word denial. I think you might find yourself in it!

What was he supposed to do, get out there and play? If all is as reported and previous players had been looked after, then perhaps there would have been some experienced players out there supporting the kids! Mate Fitzroy Stars were not that bad a side, they were certainly far better than Watsonia. Gary went through a process of 6 applicants, 2 interviews, with a final appraisal conducted by Terry Wallace. Those who went through this and were involved said it was the most professional process they had been through at suburban/country level. The guys that missed out congratulated us and thanked us for the way we went about it, so I think it`s fair to say that we have a very good idea of what we have and are more than happy with the outcome. I f Watsonia had a bad experience, then perhaps it might be worth grabbing the Oxford and looking up the word denial. I think you might find yourself in it!

Well mate you evidently have a complex.

This all started when I posted best wishes to Gary in his new role but had a little dig at LP for not being able to produce their own photo and bio but pinching it off the Wats site.

Get this mate I LIKE GARY HE IS A NICE GUY!
I just don't like the way he went about leaving the club. Accepting the position for 2011 (so I don't think the crap you are spouting is correct about him being BSed to) but when the lower job came up he then left us.
If he was treated so badly he would not have accepted the role for 2011 to start with.
Once again I wish him well for 2011 and we look forward to us improving over the next few years with our young players and meeting you guys once again in the future.
Looking forward to 2011 season :)

This all started when I posted best wishes to Gary in his new role but had a little dig at LP for not being able to produce their own photo and bio but pinching it off the Wats site.

I just don't like the way he went about leaving the club. Accepting the position for 2011 (so I don't think the crap you are spouting is correct about him being BSed to) but when the lower job came up he then left us.
If he was treated so badly he would not have accepted the role for 2011 to start with.
Once again I wish him well for 2011 and we look forward to us improving over the next few years with our young players and meeting you guys once again in the future.

Spot on.

I think this would be the major issue if you talk to most of the boys who played regular senior footy at the club last year. He often referred to players who left mid season as people who couldn't look back on their careers with pride. He has done nothing different to what they did in somewhat similar circumstances.

I do wish him all the best though as was one of the boys and great bloke. I for one, hope his gets some success after all the hard times. I thought this would have been at Watsonia with a young list but its not to be.

Good luck in 2011.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Spot on.

I think this would be the major issue if you talk to most of the boys who played regular senior footy at the club last year. He often referred to players who left mid season as people who couldn't look back on their careers with pride. He has done nothing different to what they did in somewhat similar circumstances.

I do wish him all the best though as was one of the boys and great bloke. I for one, hope his gets some success after all the hard times. I thought this would have been at Watsonia with a young list but its not to be.

Good luck in 2011.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Have Watsonia appointed a replacement?

Congratulations to Gary Ramsay who has been appointed Senior Coach of Lower Plenty for the 2011 season.

Other appointments are Steve Layt as Reserves coach. Steve has spent last few seasons at Heidelberg with thirds and supports roles, also coached Marcellin Reserves to a Premiership prior to that.
Grant Barden appointed Thirds coach. Grants boys play at Lower, also a successful stint as junior coach with Research Juniors.

Other appointments are Steve Layt as Reserves coach. Steve has spent last few seasons at Heidelberg with thirds and supports roles, also coached Marcellin Reserves to a Premiership prior to that.
Grant Barden appointed Thirds coach. Grants boys play at Lower, also a successful stint as junior coach with Research Juniors.

Coached the heid 19's last 2 years ........ Didn't help plunks and shane in 09 and took stats this year for gav, corey and shane.....

Goodluck steve...........

Well done to 'Rambo' on his new gig. Looks like he'll have way more support and resources than he was given by the boys from AK (the former tip) Lines last season from reading the recent posts.

Mate, before you start shooting your mouth maybe you should read posts more carefully. I never once question the recruitment system that your club put in place. You could have Leigh Matthews, Robert Walls AND Terry Wallace all on the recruitment panel and still recruit a dud coach i.e. Essendon - Matthew Knights.

Secondly, coaches can lose it after time. I for one had a great amount of respect for Gary, and still do to an extent. I have absolutely no doubt that he WAS a great coach, but there certainly is much doubt in mind that he still IS a great coach. When plan A didnt work for Gary, his plan B was kick it to the boundary line. For a bloke that was supposed to be all about educating young players, he certainly did not teach anything new to a team that was predominately under the age of 23, but rather robbed them of their confidence.

Also think the word 'arrogance' is listed under the oxford dictionary. What they fail to tell you is that it can be a curse sometimes :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Appointments for Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back