Coaching changes for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelvin 69 said:
I'd say Garth Russell would have to be a good chance again. The saints have been moving along nicely so far. Long way to go in the season to be talking about coaches for next year, especially for the teams likely to be playing in finals..
Wouldnt be the first time tooleyTang would turn on a successful coach would it boys......

Local TV news in mildura quotes Alvey as "having had discussions with Lavington" But still keen to play with mates at Wentworth.
How keen is anyones guess.

Hillite said:
Local TV news in mildura quotes Alvey as "having had discussions with Lavington" But still keen to play with mates at Wentworth.
How keen is anyones guess.

Their would be plenty of clubs talking to him from all around Australia. Sounds like silly season has started already.:)

whitelinefeva said:
Shannon Gibson joining Watsonia as assistant playing coach in '07.

What's Gibbo's connection with Watsonia?? I was talking to him not that long ago, and he seemed pretty ademant that this would be his last year, and that he was hoping to go out with a flag (at Euroa)...Watsonia must be looking after him - but are you definitely sure that he will be playing assistant next year??

HappyDayz said:
Miceli. Heard he played for the Bullants a few years back. Must be handy at least.

If that the same Miceli that Im thinking of, that's a huge coo for Hay. Auldist, Fitzpatrick and Miceli that would be a preety formiddable attack!. Whats he reason for leaving his beloved grasshoppers?. We're been chasing him for years, the all mighty dollar spoke too much. Good luck to Hay for securing his services:thumbsu:

Catter said:
If that the same Miceli that Im thinking of, that's a huge coo for Hay. Auldist, Fitzpatrick and Miceli that would be a preety formiddable attack!. Whats he reason for leaving his beloved grasshoppers?. We're been chasing him for years, the all mighty dollar spoke too much. Good luck to Hay for securing his services:thumbsu:

The only Pat Miceli I know played reserves at Tooleybuc and half and half at Woorinen when they were ordinary in 2003/4. It couldn't be him up for the Hay job, could it:confused:

HappyDayz said:
Miceli. Heard he played for the Bullants a few years back. Must be handy at least.
This must be a practical joke that someone is playing. Pat Miceli coaching. I nearly fell of my chair in laughter and I almost fell off my chair when I read your post HappyDayz. He didnt play any senior games at the bullants.

If its the same Pat Miceli I once knew the its very funny. Pat trained with the bullants over the summer of 99/00 pre season. he got a spot on the list in the 2000 year, mind you anyone in the world could have that year. thats how terrible the bullants were travelling. From memory he played the the opening 4 or 5 games in the reserves only to be dropped and never seen again at the club. He wasnt upto it at all.

But the funniest story of him came when the club was trying to organise the footy trip that year, he walked upto the guys organising the trip and asked "is it ok if my cousin comes on the trip with me?" The organisers just cracked up laughing. Poor bloke felt about 2cm tall.

He had the nickname libba. He was small in height but tried to no avail. If it is him I couldnt see him coaching a team.

whitelinefeva said:
Shannon Gibson joining Watsonia as assistant playing coach in '07.
Whiteline where did you hear this from mate? I know shannon and he has denied this so would be interested to hear who your source is.

Any truth to the rumour going around that Brad Morris from iyrmple is on the verge of signing with the euston football club as Steve Calarco's assistant..

FOOTYBOSS said:
This must be a practical joke that someone is playing. Pat Miceli coaching. I nearly fell of my chair in laughter and I almost fell off my chair when I read your post HappyDayz. He didnt play any senior games at the bullants.

If its the same Pat Miceli I once knew the its very funny. Pat trained with the bullants over the summer of 99/00 pre season. he got a spot on the list in the 2000 year, mind you anyone in the world could have that year. thats how terrible the bullants were travelling. From memory he played the the opening 4 or 5 games in the reserves only to be dropped and never seen again at the club. He wasnt upto it at all.

But the funniest story of him came when the club was trying to organise the footy trip that year, he walked upto the guys organising the trip and asked "is it ok if my cousin comes on the trip with me?" The organisers just cracked up laughing. Poor bloke felt about 2cm tall.

He had the nickname libba. He was small in height but tried to no avail. If it is him I couldnt see him coaching a team.

Couldn't agree more boss man I have played footy with him and his brother and the only thing they are good at is talking themselves up. If I was at Hay I would be knocking it on the head as soon as possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FAKE_HAIR said:
Any truth to the rumour going around that Brad Morris from iyrmple is on the verge of signing with the euston football club as Steve Calarco's assistant..

Yes Fakey the rumour is true, Calarco and Morris have always been extremely close ever since their days at Euston Colts cricket. It seems that the time is right for Brad to go back and rejoin his former mentor. They have already been on the recruiting trail and have apparently signed a few handy players from neighbouring leagues namely Matt Downing from Robinvale and Mick Malam from arnhem land Kendall Pant from SA amatuers is also a big chance, get on the bombers in 07.

ellinbank league ringo, nyora undefeated probably wont lose a game for the year however with the money they are spending and their list anyone could coach them to the flag thisyear. same thing last year except they lost the granny

roaring tiger said:
Pretty close to the mark Ringo1.

I also hear that Moama are going to have a new coach next year. By the look of there results this year they would need a change of coach. Non-Playing coaches don't really suit country footy these days unless the club has a heap if coin to play good players.

Most clubs need to attract a gun player by having them as coach.

And maybe Guy Campbell to take over at Echuca untied.

Heritage has been offered the job again I believe they are just waiting on an answer

FOOTYBOSS said:
Whiteline where did you hear this from mate? I know shannon and he has denied this so would be interested to hear who your source is.

This is doing the rounds through people at Watsonia. Allegedly bringing some McBrien bloke with him? ;)

whitelinefeva said:
This is doing the rounds through people at Watsonia. Allegedly bringing some McBrien bloke with him? ;)
If that's true it would be a good pick up. Gibson has a very intelligent football brain and no doubt if or when he does decide to coach he will make a very good one.

whitelinefeva said:
Will be very good for Watsonia if this does happen. Both players will help the young blokes out the club greatly. I wonder if they will try and entice anymore of the players they currently playing with in the GVFL. My sources are they have all but signed, they are just going through final details and will be announced at the club very shortly. Good to see Watsonia on the improve.

Action Jackson said:
Yes Fakey the rumour is true, Calarco and Morris have always been extremely close ever since their days at Euston Colts cricket. It seems that the time is right for Brad to go back and rejoin his former mentor. They have already been on the recruiting trail and have apparently signed a few handy players from neighbouring leagues namely Matt Downing from Robinvale and Mick Malam from arnhem land Kendall Pant from SA amatuers is also a big chance, get on the bombers in 07.

Seems like a waste of time talking about who is coaching a team that is shutting up shop?

Not sure the league will be around, maybe one more year but it is on its last legs

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching changes for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back