News Cody Weightman serial flopper

Remove this Banner Ad

What gets me about this is that it would take Weightman time and practice to master the art of a fraudulent free kick. Where would he practice it? The Club should be fined IMO. Presume they condone it and force the club to stamp it out.
I've often wondered this about throwing.
Do clubs instruct, teach players the "art"?

Every player will push and bend the rules to favour them if they're allowed to get away with it.

Blame the umps for falling into the trap and the AFL for not cracking down harder on it. If he starts suffering by not being awarded genuine frees, or gets a public slap by the AFL for it, he'll stop it very quickly.
ironic! duckwood did it right through his career, Ginnie did it for a season, and the roar for his genuine free on sunday was the biggest for the day! I cant coulnt how many times hes been obviously targeted for no free.

but i digress, your correct

It only a 4-5 minute clip. Knock yourselves out :thumbsu:

im saving that for my bulldog "supporting" footy hating hubby!!!

and his fricken family!

honestly, losing to salary cap shit etc and the good old Wayne Harmes one, nothing compares to the debacle of the 2016 GF, it was mindblowingly obvious!

the swans should have stayed home!! score would have been the same!

ironic! duckwood did it right through his career, Ginnie did it for a season, and the roar for his genuine free on sunday was the biggest for the day! I cant coulnt how many times hes been obviously targeted for no free.

but i digress, your correct
I agree with what Leigh Matthews says on this one. He says the umpires need to protect the player with the ball and not reward crude tackles and only a few weeks ago he was referencing Ginnivan.

Selwood was always a contentious one because he lowered his knees drawing the tacklers arms up to his neck area. Most times Selwood played on after he had extricated his head from the crude tackle, i.e., he wasn't waiting for the umpire to blow his whistle.

Matthew's consistent response is/was - tackle lower and then there is no way the tackler's arms can be drawn up to the neck. Problem is teams are now so focused on pinning arms that they have forgotten basics

He's worse than Clayton Oliver....just.

I don't understand why the AFL don't slap them with fines, which rarely happens. Get in front of it and players will stop.

Yes, I'm aware Rance did it and Jack does it.

He's worse than Clayton Oliver....just.

I don't understand why the AFL don't slap them with fines, which rarely happens. Get in front of it and players will stop.

Yes, I'm aware Rance did it and Jack does it.
What happens when a fraudulent free costs a team the game? Does the AFL simply say, "Oh well!"

Weightman was the worst flopper in the league until Ginnivan arrived but now the new rules anti-ducking rules have really taken away Ginnivan's 1 wood. Now it's back to Weightman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many from free kicks? Or have you not bothered to look into that?
Well given all his free kicks are in the front half, it’s pretty easy to deduce that he gets a scoring opportunity from them. Look no further than the 2021 EF; 4 free kicks, 4 goals. He has no interest winning his own ball.

Well given all his free kicks are in the front half, it’s pretty easy to deduce that he gets a scoring opportunity from them. Look no further than the 2021 EF; 4 free kicks, 4 goals. He has no interest winning his own ball.
I'm glad you brought that up. Have you seen the free kicks he was given? Which did he contribute too?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Cody Weightman serial flopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back