Game Day COLA Cheats V The Now Turned Anti-Monarchists (Kingless) Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I think so, it’s the physical difference which, I think, makes it worse.
I don’t approve of bashing anyone, but I think a man bashing a women is indefensible.
Ok thanks for acknowledging there is a physical difference. Should be no problem then if people like AFL but not AFLW.

Why would there be a problem if people like AFL but not AFLW?

Because they're the same game.

If you really like footy, then it shouldn't matter who's playing it. If people love AFLM but "don't like" AFLW then there's clearly an issue that's got nothing to do with the game.

"Well the standard isn't anywhere as good as AFLM!" - yeah, well neither's the VFL/SANFL/WAFL. There's very little vocal animosity towards those comps.

Most women had to stop playing footy at 14 until quite recently. There's yet to be a generation of AFLW players who grew up knowing they could play footy as a job.

The standard will improve, the AFL will stop scheduling the comp in warmer months etc.

It's never going to be as big as the 150~ year old men's comp, but AFLW helps to broaden the audience which means more people loving footy. Who doesn't want that?

If you really like footy, then it shouldn't matter who's playing it. If people love AFLM but "don't like" AFLW then there's clearly an issue that's got nothing to do with the game.

"Well the standard isn't anywhere as good as AFLM!" - yeah, well neither's the VFL/SANFL/WAFL. There's very little vocal animosity towards those comps.

Most women had to stop playing footy at 14 until quite recently. There's yet to be a generation of AFLW players who grew up knowing they could play footy as a job.

The standard will improve, the AFL will stop scheduling the comp in warmer months etc.

It's never going to be as big as the 150~ year old men's comp, but AFLW helps to broaden the audience which means more people loving footy. Who doesn't want that?
What is AFLM?

Nobody gets told they aren't a true footy fan because they don't follow VFL/SANFL/WAFL. Lets be honest a bush footy team would probably pummel an AFLW team.

Its nothing to do with sex and all to do with standard.

Happily watch womens Netball because its the supreme product. Aust V NZ games are elite.

Happily watch Jamie Kah and Rachel King ride winners in the gallops because they are elite.

Even though not as good as the men, Sabalenka and Swiatek are great to watch in the tennis. Standard is of high enough quality to watch.

AFLW standard is just not there. Not my place to lie about it and sit through it to fake an empowerment of woman.

Last edited:

I watch a bit of AFLW and enjoy it when I do, and I watch a lot of local country footy, which, as you say, is of a lower standard. I have mates that won’t watch local footy because of the standard, so I can’t see them ever watching AFLW unless they have relatives involved.
But if someone doesn’t want to watch AFLW, that’s their decision, I won’t lose sleep over it.
I agree with you in regards to the standard improving over time and the AFLW growing the sport.
People who aren’t involved in local footy probably don’t appreciate the input of girls/women into the running of local clubs. Without them our club would struggle and now with AFLW it gives them something else to aim for. Our Auskick is roughly half girls half boys now which shows the growth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watch a bit of AFLW and enjoy it when I do, and I watch a lot of local country footy, which, as you say, is of a lower standard. I have mates that won’t watch local footy because of the standard, so I can’t see them ever watching AFLW unless they have relatives involved.
But if someone doesn’t want to watch AFLW, that’s their decision, I won’t lose sleep over it.
I agree with you in regards to the standard improving over time and the AFLW growing the sport.
People who aren’t involved in local footy probably don’t appreciate the input of girls/women into the running of local clubs. Without them our club would struggle and now with AFLW it gives them something else to aim for. Our Auskick is roughly half girls half boys now which shows the growth.
Last year our 13s side had 3 girls. They all legit finished top 8 in B&F. One girl had far and away the best skills in the team. Would be very surprised if she didn't make AFLW.

What is AFLM?

Nobody gets told they aren't a true footy fan because they don't follow VFL/SANFL/WAFL. Lets be honest a bush footy team would probably pummel an AFLW team.

Its nothing to do with sex and all to do with standard.

Happily watch womens Netball because its the supreme product. Aust V NZ games are elite.

Happily watch Jamie Kah and Rachel King ride winners in the gallops because they are elite.

Even though not as good as the men, Sabalenka and Swiatek are great to watch in the tennis. Standard is of high enough quality to watch.

AFLW standard is just not there. Not my place to lie about it and sit through it to fake an empowerment of woman.
I made a very thought provoking fred on said topic some years ago

Surprised it only to to 3 pages. You must have banz Aristotle Pickett before making the fred

i saw a snake baker react so it’s clear that there was some interesting characters involved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back