"Collingwood Call" - Fox Sports Extra

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved it, was fantastic to have some decent non biased commentary for once :D

Was actually quite fun to listen to and a pretty fun idea overall. Reminds me of the 'local' NBA calls.

Wouldn't mind if they did this for other teams. It's not like the commentary teams available are particularly brilliant anyway.

Disappointing we can't access the alternate commentary on the late night replay. Probably all the EPL games taking up the bandwidth

Of course it's a brilliant idea.

Surprised nobody has mentioned K-Rock in this, but then again only Geelong supporters care about or listen to it.

But imagine this: you get to watch a DVD of your team winning a Grand Final with the callers clearly going apeshit in joy. Then you can switch over to hear the losing side's call.

The 2009 GF DVD has the K-Rock boys screaming: "CHAPPPY! CHAPPPY! SAY IT WITH ME GEELONG FANS! CHAPPPPPPPY!!!! WE'VE DONE IT!!!"

And the 2007 GF DVD has the 5AA team wailing, "Who's on Johnson? WHO'S ON JOHNSON? Not again!!!"

Fun either way.

I've always thought one of the great perks of being a cat fan is that I have my own weekly passionate commentary team.

There's money to be made if other clubs find a way to follow suit.

I usually attend games but due to injury cannot and have really missed the banter and fun with the guys I go with.

Ed Tv was the closest I have got to that, it was great fun and was as close as being their as you can get. It wasw totally biased, over the top but pure genius. I think every club should be looking at this, it would be a great way to convert supporters to members and maybe another form of membership. It would give clubs a chance to promote their club via the most important medium, TV.

The only problems where we got standard definition and the crowd noise was not as high as normal on Fox.

Here is a little taste (it has not come out that well for some reason). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-3Lo15UhTk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic idea and could do it for each club

Adelaide - Bruce McCavaney
Brisbane - Matt Campbell, Alastair Lynch
Carlton - Ian Robertson, Robert Walls
Essendon - Tim Watson, ?
Fremantle - ?
Geelong - Anthony Hudson, Tom Harley
Gold Coast - Malcolm Blight, ?
GWS - Get Sheedy to do it while coaching
Hawthorn - Steve Quartermain, ?
Melbourne - ?
North - James Brayshaw, Wayne Carey
Port - Warren Tredrea,
Richmond - Rex Hunt, Kevin Bartlett
St Kilda - Sandy Roberts,
Sydney - ?
West Coast - Denis Commetti, ?
Western Bulldogs - Brad Johnson, ?

For the Showdown games, maybe get KG, Ian Day, Peter Marker, Graham Cornes and John Cahill to call the match.

I know it was already touched on, but what a work horse Michael Christian is? Calling the Collngwood/Richmond game for tv, then straight to Etihad for the Saints/Bombers on radio, with the game already started. There would be some differences in style, you'd think. Mentally absorbing work. I would have to be a little difficult to adjust straight away.

And the 2007 GF DVD has the 5AA team wailing, "Who's on Johnson? WHO'S ON JOHNSON? Not again!!!"
That would've been funny to hear.

Huddo,Rob Waters,Ian Cohen,Harley,Ling and Mooney on the boundary
Rob Water barracks for Collingwood.

Really enjoyed the call and hope this catches on even if just for special games throughout the year

Daicos almost seemed a little embarrassed and didn't quite get in the mood

haha 'Cop that you tiger mongrel'

I thought Eddie came across as a tad sycophantic post match in the rooms when he was relating to Travis Cloke his " closest you'll come to greatnees" piece of commentary, which he used to describe Richmond supporters deriding Cloke when he was lining up a shot for goal from the boundary.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Collingwood Call" - Fox Sports Extra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back